• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Godslay

Banned
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2007/05/quinn-cup-1.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2007/05/quinn-cup-1.jpg

Yet another shitty thing that also came out of Notre Dame.

All hail the douchepope:

i5R5uUIGfJOWW.jpg

squicken

He completely implodes every time we enter the red zone, shit is troubling to say the least. We're gonna give him so much money...

trade Suh for picks

what am i missing on stafford? he has several years left on his deal. it's not cap friendly but it's a hell of lot better than a $100m extension

bionic77

So excited for the Steelers game yesterday.

Yeah we might be old and as is usually expected we are falling apart with injuries down the stretch, but I still want to see what we do if we get that coveted 6 seed and some luck with injuries in the playoffs.

Greg

Trivia time: What quarterback holds the NFL record for consecutive completions with 24 straight passes?
McNabb

but I only know it because they showed the stat sheet during the game

suck it, trivia vultures - I GOT ONE RIGHT!

bionic77

Someone probably posted this before, but one of BLarry's questions made it to a Bill Simmons mailbag.

Q: I'm starting to think Joe Flacco is a double agent created by the Steelers organization. They probably got to him while he was at Pitt, made him an offer he couldn't refuse (money, threats) and forced him go to Delaware to keep him under the radar. Then somehow he came out of nowhere to be a first round pick and has shown flashes — he couldn't be terrible because that would be too obvious. He's just good enough to stick around each year and blue-ball us while putting together a good game sometimes so that we say things like "wow he's way better than Kyle Boller." He has that doofy lost look all the time as an act. He's really a saboteur.
…Will H., Baltimore

LiveWire

McNabb but that's a dumb record. 10 in one game 14 in another. Now David Carr and Mark Brunell's 22 consecutive completions in a single game record is a record.

Also interesting is that both of those came in games involving the Texans.

OK maybe it's not that interesting but I think it means the Texans are going to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
McNabb but that's a dumb record. 10 in one game 14 in another. Now David Carr and Mark Brunell's 22 consecutive completions in a single game record is a record.
Consecutive completions is a dumb stat because it means you probably aren't taking a lot of shots down field....which is essential at points in a game.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Amazing accomplishment by megatron this season... he could get to 2000, that'll be incredible if he pulls it off.

bionic77

Amazing accomplishment by megatron this season... he could get to 2000, that'll be incredible if he pulls it off.
What is going to be more impressive is the all time concussion record in a season next year when they go to 18 games.

It will be a tight race between Rodgers and Big Ben to see whose head cracks first.

Rorschach

"Named after the villain from the Transformers movie trilogy."

Ugh...

I was talking to some dudes in their early 20s and they were astonished that I hadn't watched those movies. One of them was like "so all this time you didn't know about Megatron and Optimus Prime?" I said I "had watched it as a kid." He replied with "how? They didn't exist back when you were a kid." -_- He was dead serious, too. I guess it's been long enough that even Beast Wars was before their time.

beast786

I hope they don't pull this shit. I'm all for an earlier season, but two more weeks is overkill.

I am surprize at this answere. if you are worried about players health than football should be banned period.

Adding or subtracting 2 games ain't much of difference . And most fans here don't give a damn about there long term health. It's about making big hits

So excited for the Steelers game yesterday.

Yeah we might be old and as is usually expected we are falling apart with injuries down the stretch, but I still want to see what we do if we get that coveted 6 seed and some luck with injuries in the playoffs.

I don't even care about the playoffs. I just want the Steelers to take the North from the Rats.

I was talking to some dudes in their early 20s and they were astonished that I hadn't watched those movies. One of them was like "so all this time you didn't know about Megatron and Optimus Prime?" I said I "had watched it as a kid." He replied with "how? They didn't exist back when you were a kid." -_- He was dead serious, too. I guess it's been long enough that even Beast Wars was before their time.

My God...

Ultratech

Wow. Just...wow.

My god...

Top Bottom