• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

cdyhybrid

f8Xdf.gif

He's so disrespectful. How can anyone like him?

eznark

Banned
Helmet to helmet
Helmet to helmet
Helmet to helmet

Oh my god fuck this dude doing the Belk Bowl. Also what the fuck is Belk!?

jakncoke

Banned
Helmet to helmet
Helmet to helmet
Helmet to helmet

Oh my god fuck this dude doing the Belk Bowl. Also what the fuck is Belk!?

I was wondering this today, so I just looked it up. Its a department store with 306 locations. Anyone can get a sponsor these days. Soon you can have your Racist Bowl to teams with the most whites.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Apparently Aaron Rodgers wears a thong.

1356650173573.jpg

First time seeing this pick, but it confirms what I've always suspected about the guy.

eznark

Banned
I was wondering this today, so I just looked it up. Its a department store with 306 locations. Anyone can get a sponsor these days. Soon you can have your Racist Bowl to teams with the most whites.

I could do that now bitch. Maybe for my daughters next birthday ill rename the Holiday Bowl the Lil Kid Killajew Klassik

Milchjon

Currently banned video games in Germany,
Soldier of Fortune: Payback Banned due to high levels of gore (decapitations, dismemberments, and excessive blood-letting)
KZ Manager (1990-10-29/1990-11-19) Banned because of Nazi references.
Condemned: Criminal Origins (Decision AG Munic February 2008) Banned because of high impact violence and cruelty.
Condemned 2: Bloodshot Banned because of high impact violence and cruelty.
Manhunt (all versions, 2004-07-19) Banned because of high impact scary violence and cruelty.
Manhunt 2 Banned for "gross, unrelenting, and gratuitous violence."
Dead Rising Banned because of high impact violence and cruelty.
Dead Rising 2 Banned because of high impact violence and cruelty.
Silent Hill: Homecoming (Uncut) Banned because of high impact violence and cruelty.
Wolfenstein (Uncut) Banned because of Nazi references.
Scarface: The World is Yours (Uncut) Banned because of high impact violence and cruelty.
Left 4 Dead 2 (Uncut) Banned because of high impact violence and cruelty.
The Darkness (Uncut European Xbox 360 version) Banned because of Nazi signs.

Are certain history books banned because they acknowledge these events happened too?

Most of the games you quoted have zero connection to WW2/Nazism. They are banned for violence.

Of course you can question censorship in general, but I'm not sure a country which basically implodes when it sees a nipple on TV is the right partner for these kinds of discussions.

As a rule of thumb, when it comes to Nazi stuff, there's a sharp distiction between entertainment and education in German law. The intent seems to be to not let our history be lessened in its impact by putting it into entertainment. If your book/movie has any educational purpose, Nazi emblems and the like are ok. (See The Downfall, for instance)

Do they teach ww2 in germany? Or do they pretend it never happened?

I suppose this is an honest question, so I'll answer it without snark:

Yes, they teach us all about it. It's probably more than half of our history curriculum. Germans are taught from early childhood onwards to feel guilty about everything that Germany did.

Top Bottom