• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Fucking nervous about Sunday. Never would of guessed at the start of the season we would have this shot. These last 5 games scared the shit out of me. We win we in. LETS GO VIKEBIKES.

bionic77

The Jets owner brought in Tebow because he wanted the attention that comes with him. Rex did not want Tebow and refused to play him because Sanchez was his guy and also because Tebow was the one guy who refused to fuck his ugly wife or lick her toes (this is how you get playing time on the Jets).

Basically the Jets are the worst organization in football and yes they deserve to die and I hope they rot in hell!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So basically you give a shit if it happens to your guy, but don't give a shit if it doesn't happen to your guy.

UmpOi.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Now lets put in every gif of Suh stomping on nuts, legs, heads, whatever his spastic leg deems stompable.

I'll let Calvin Johnson explain the stomp on No-Name Packers guard:

Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson, not one to engage in a verbal back-and-forth on or off the field, wasn't surprised with Melton's comments prior to the rivalry showdown.

"That thing starts on the interior line, they go at it, there's so much trash-talking going on in that game every year," Johnson said. "More than any other game.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/12/detroit_lions_dominic_raiola_c_2.html

Whatever stomp the No-Name Packers guard got was no doubt some sort of retaliation for something dirty the guy did in the pile. The trenches shows the best, and ugliest of the game of football.

So basically you give a shit if it happens to your guy, but don't give a shit if it doesn't happen to your guy.

No, I do not root for the injury of any player, ESPECIALLY at the QB position.

I'd like to see our 24 year old QB who throws for 10,000 yards in two seasons smoke Aaron Rodger, Tammy or any other QB in the league. If Stafford is out or Rodgers is out its not a fair match.

Another one of my favorite players in the league is James Harrison and I've defended him against the stupid crusade Goddell has against him.

Defensive players need to play the game it was meant to be played and thats why I love James Harrison so much. He says fuck you to some of the stupid new rules.

Suh just happens to do it with speed and strength not ever seen in the game of football up to this point.

Rorschach

Ok I'll try to explain.

original.gif

What Suh did there is perfectly legal in the rule book, but if it happened to Stafford I would be pissed because that could potentially fuck him up and ruin our season.

At the same time the way Suh caught up to Cutler with his speed in that .gif, and brought him down with such fury and strength there is probably no other defensive lineman with the speed and strength that Suh has that could physically make that sack/QB hurry.

Its a catch 22 for me because I played defensive line my 10 years of playing football and loved making hits like that, but if that happens to my QB I'm pissed (whether teammate or Stafford). However what Suh did was perfectly legal in the beautiful game we call football.

ThatsmyDT.gif
ThatsmyQB.gif
mmmm there it is.

eznark

Banned
Kas that is World Champion Super Bowl Champion No Name Packers Guard you fucking clown. Enjoy irrelevance biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Also, the leg whip is always dirty.

beast786

I agree with kastroit 100%

Plus bears are going to get destroyed. because they are stinky and smelly.

EDIT: Packers are stinky also

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
mmmm there it is.

I was a fan of Suh when I first saw his 5 sack game against Colt McCoy on national TV. I wished, hoped, the Lions would draft him and we did. I love all positions in the defensive line and there has never been a player of Suh's calibur, physically, to ever play the game (sans Reggie White and I never grew up to watch his whole career).

The problem I forsee is the Lions trading him or letting him walk in free agency. I will always be a fan and appreciate how great he is, but I doubt he'll be a lifelong Lion and that will come back to haunt us.

Kas that is World Champion Super Bowl Champion No Name Packers Guard you fucking clown. Enjoy irrelevance biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Also, the leg whip is always dirty.

Thats always debatable. The stomp against NNPG was caught, but who knows about the Schaub nutkick. The play was going so fast who knows what his intentions were.

Suh really does have talent. Problem is he's a meathead who think's he can bull his way through the NFL. He'll be out of the league quick if he keeps on that way.

If I were him I would take Sapp's advice. Worry about your technique rather than thinking you can out muscle everyone.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Suh really does have talent. Problem is he's a meathead who think's he can bull his way through the NFL. He'll be out of the league quick if he keeps on that way.

If I were him I would take Sapp's advice. Worry about your technique rather than thinking you can out muscle everyone.

I agree with you on Suh initially thinking he could bullrush his way into the NFL. I think he got a little too cocky after his rookie season and all the hype he had coming out of college, but has learned to be a little more humble this year. Suh is a very smart man and not just a "meathead" so he's been able to adjust.

Upon further examination of the Cutlerhit.gif the way he brings him down, yet does not grab his facemask, is amazing considering how fast the game is moving. That and the fear you see in the Bears offensive players faces as Suh violently brings down Cutler.

Despite how violent the game of football is the QB position is what makes this league and we should never see our best talent get hurt.

Rex Ryan is a hero for ruining Tebow.

Yeah...except that Ryan didn't ruin Tebow.

Rex is going to go suck toes in obscurity as the defensive coordinator of some backwater team, while Tebow is going to be a superstar and lead Jacksonville to the first of six straight Super Bowl rings all while feeding the hungry, teaching the illiterate, giving aid to the needy, and leading a megachurch out of Jax.

789shadow

Banned
Yeah...except that Ryan didn't ruin Tebow.

Rex is going to go suck toes in obscurity as the defensive coordinator of some backwater team, while Tebow is going to be a superstar and lead Jacksonville to the first of six straight Super Bowl rings.
Tebow will lead Jacksonville to a #1 draft pick.

brentech

I love how you talk about Suh's super human strength and then post a gif in which he uses a Judo style trip in order to get Cutler down.

His strength is soooo imposing!

The only reason the tackle looks rough at all is because he uses his right leg to sweep/trip Cutler...So Cutler loses his legs under him and Suh continues to ride all his weight to the ground which makes the impact way worse than if he just used his actual power to tackle the kid.

Where is Heavy at?

We are about to have a massive influx of lifelongs for the playoffs. We need someone to man the front doors of NFL-GAF and check birth certificates and assign said lifelongs to their proper team.

RBH

Where is Heavy at?

We are about to have a massive influx of lifelongs for the playoffs. We need someone to man the front doors of NFL-GAF and check birth certificates and assign said lifelongs to their proper team.

He's probably eating his way through a refrigerator alongside Josh Fatman right now.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I agree with kastroit 100%

Plus bears are going to get destroyed. because they are stinky and smelly.

EDIT: Packers are stinky also

denzel_intro.jpg

I love how you talk about Suh's super human strength and then post a gif in which he uses a Judo style trip in order to get Cutler down.

His strength is soooo imposing!

The only reason the tackle looks rough at all is because he uses his right leg to sweep/trip Cutler...So Cutler loses his legs under him and Suh continues to ride all his weight to the ground which makes the impact way worse than if he just used his actual power to tackle the kid.

Actually no, if you watch the video or .gif Suh never trips him, he simply brings down a 6'4, 220 lb athlete with his right arm. I know its just Jay Cutler but thats still an unbelievable play physically.

Suh never "leg swept" him in that video, and even if he did, thats legal in the game of football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2wV4pK-gFc

Watch it full speed and admire his speed and strength.

Rorschach

Where is Heavy at?

What does it matter anymore? You have guys in here rooting for division rivals and jumping ship. You have guys with multiple teams. You have guys with a new team each week. Eagles fans are Redskins fans. Houston fans are Colts fans. Bengals fans are Steelers fans. It's all gone to shit. This thread has been squickened. No more lifelongs. It's all just varying degrees of squickening now. Lifelong Cat is dead. Long live the Squicken!

RBH

What does it matter anymore? You have guys in here rooting for division rivals and jumping ship. You have guys with multiple teams. You have guys with a new team each week. Eagles fans are Redskins fans. Houston fans are Colts fans. Bengals fans are Steelers fans. It's all gone to shit. This thread has been squickened. No more lifelongs. It's all just variations of squickening now. Lifelong Cat is dead. Long live the Squicken!
jason-campbell.jpg-10659.jpg

"Can I come back to Oakland now?"

What does it matter anymore? You have guys in here rooting for division rivals and jumping ship. You have guys with multiple teams. You have guys with a new team each week. Eagles fans are Redskins fans. Houston fans are Colts fans. Bengals fans are Steelers fans. It's all gone to shit. This thread has been squickened. No more lifelongs. It's all just variations of squickening now. Lifelong Cat is dead. Long live the Squicken!
Rors, man, I'm sorry about the Raiders. Seriously. It'll get better. I don't know when, but it can only get better.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The leg whip isn't dirty?

Not even you believe this shit, I'm sure.

I am honestly not sure if it was dirty or not. It appeared to be dirty upon watching the film, but the game was moving so fast who knows what happened.

Plus you fail to mention the fact that Suh was getting dragged to the ground which should've been a penalty to begin with.

When in doubt, create your own reality to make life easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2wV4pK-gFc

You said Suh leg swept Cutler as he was bringing him down, the video and GIF prove otherwise.

Instead of blaming Suh for tackling Cutler to hard, why not blame the Bears interior lineman for failing to protect his QB?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What does it matter anymore? You have guys in here rooting for division rivals and jumping ship. You have guys with multiple teams. You have guys with a new team each week. Eagles fans are Redskins fans. Houston fans are Colts fans. Bengals fans are Steelers fans. It's all gone to shit. This thread has been squickened. No more lifelongs. It's all just varying degrees of squickening now. Lifelong Cat is dead. Long live the Squicken!
Squicken is just ari v2.

You have guys in here rooting for division rivals

Disgusting!

Though can i please root for the vikebike just this once! See, i really want that coveted #3 seed. I know Rodgers wants the #2 but hes a midget and his brain isn't fully developed. First round bye is for losers!

Doomsayer

I am honestly not sure if it was dirty or not. It appeared to be dirty upon watching the film, but the game was moving so fast who knows what happened.

Plus you fail to mention the fact that Suh was getting dragged to the ground which should've been a penalty to begin with.

No matter what the context is, a leg whip is dirty. I didn't say Suh did it, I just said it was dirty.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Defensive players need to play the game it was meant to be played and thats why I love James Harrison so much. He says fuck you to some of the stupid new rules.
The problem is that we can now see what happens to people when the game is played "how it is meant to be", and makes your claim of caring about injuries disingenuous.

JABEE

Rors. We stay true to our teams. I don't see YH jumping ship either. It will all be worth it when the Raiders lose to the Eagles in the Super Bowl in 2016. A game that should have been the rematch of 2002's Super Bowl blowout. The Eagles won the game 34-3, and the Eagles ended the drought of championships in the city of Philadelphia!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The problem is that we can now see what happens to people when the game is played "how it is meant to be", and makes your claim of caring about injuries disingenuous.

But injuries will happen regardless, and despite Goddell and the NFL fake attempts to prevent concussions I've yet to see any evidence the new rules will decrease concussions or injuries.

Violent injuries will always happen in football or any tackling sport whether it be Rugby or UFC. If you want to get rid of injuries why not get rid of those sports to begin with?

Ed Reed got fined 50k for a clean shoulder to shoulder hit this past week. What was the logic that went into that decision?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wait... Kastori is all over the place with his logic? No way.
To be fair, when you increase the power and speed of the average player injuries crop up more, like Bo Jackson getting his hip dislocated on what would have been a standard tackle for others.

But injuries will happen regardless, and despite Goddell and the NFL fake attempts to prevent concussions I've yet to see any evidence the new rules will decrease concussions or injuries.
Concussions on kick offs is already down.

Violent injuries will always happen in football or any tackling sport whether it be Rugby or UFC. If you want to get rid of injuries why not get rid of those sports to begin with?
Amazing logic. Conversely, we should get rid of pads and helmets and stop pussyfooting.

JABEE

Ed Reed got fined 50k for a clean shoulder to shoulder hit. What was the logic that went into that decision?

I agree. I think all players have a right to play the game like Suh. Nut-stomping and leg-whipping are part of the game. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Trying to permanently injure players is part of the game. Removing those type of attacks from the game will turn football into soccer. Don't be a Patriot's fan! Stomp away!

Rorschach

Rors. We stay true to our teams. I don't see YH jumping ship either. It will all be worth it when the Raiders lose to the Eagles in the Super Bowl in 2016. A game that should have been the rematch of 2002's Super Bowl blowout. The Eagles won the game 34-3, and the Eagles ended the drought of championships in the city of Philadelphia!

You guys lost Dark Faze, though. He's over there rooting for the Skins and using "my" and "our" to refer to the players.

At least the Kings won the last ever Stanley Cup! Wooooo!

http://www.peoplequiz.com/images/bios/jason-campbell.jpg-10659.jpg[img]
[i]"Can I come back to Oakland now?"[/i][/QUOTE]
:( h8u

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Recently I saw an article in what I think was Popular Science about up and coming helmet designs, and how few actually address the issue of the skull being torqued which is key for concussions. However, there is a helmet that does address this as it allows the helmet to slip a bit against the head. Shit like this is what the NFL needs to jump on.

eznark

Banned
They are jumping on it. They've given tons of cash to Boston University to study it. Follow the white papers from their neurology/sports science department.

You guys lost Dark Faze, though. He's over there rooting for the Skins and using "my" and "our" to refer to the players.

At least the Kings won the last ever Stanley Cup! Wooooo!

:( h8u

I fucking warned you about Dark Faze!

Disgusting!

Though can i please root for the vikebike just this once! See, i really want that coveted #3 seed. I know Rodgers wants the #2 but hes a midget and his brain isn't fully developed. First round bye is for losers!

Playoffs makes for strange bedfellows. Lovie Smith proclaimed himself a Packers fan. But I think that's probably more a case of Stockholm Syndrome than anything else.

Rorschach

Recently I saw an article in what I think was Popular Science about up and coming helmet designs, and how few actually address the issue of the skull being torqued which is key for concussions. However, there is a helmet that does address this as it allows the helmet to slip a bit against the head. Shit like this is what the NFL needs to jump on.

They are funding new helmet research. Hopefully, they get on stuff like that, but nothing is gonna stop brains from rattling around in their skull unless they fasten it down or coat it with puddy. :p

Top Bottom