• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Slo

They were out of timeouts and he wanted to ice the kicker so he ran a 12th and 13th guy on to the field late to take a penalty and get the whistle.

schiano.jpeg

Xeke

Banned
So my question is just why did the Jets trade for Tebow. I am really having a hard time coming to grips with the answer to this question.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So my question is just why did the Jets trade for Tebow. I am really having a hard time coming to grips with the answer to this question.

It still boggles the mind but I personally think it has to do with Woody Johnson (Jets owner) hard-on for Tebow and Tebow's potential future in politics (both are conservative).

From all accounts Woody really pushed for Tebow, even interfering in the day to day management operations to get him.

My question is why didn't Woody make a push and force Rex Ryan which by all accounts he would've done.

We'll probably see him in Jacksonville next year but he's a huge locker room distraction so I'd say about 28 teams would never sign him (unless he wanted to play FB or RB).

jbug617

Banned

Giants were the talk of the town with another Super Bowl win so to get the town talking about the Jets he traded for Tebow.

squicken

Doorman

I don't think it's ever even been an issue whether or not Schwartz comes back for next season. It was a virtual lock the moment he signed that contract extension during the offseason. Lovie I can also understand coming back, given the way that last year was totally derailed by injuries and they're still in the hunt this year too.

Wisenhunt...I'm not sure about his contract status, but him coming back would strike me as more of a surprise.

beast786 said:
Giants are getting in playoffs

Lions over bears
GB over minn
Was over Dallas
No. The Giants are incapable of beating the Eagles even if all of that comes to pass.

I'll laugh if they do sneak in. I'll laugh even harder if they actually win a playoff game.

Alligatorjandro said:
The Walking Dead game is awesome.
This is true. (more for its story/characters than the "game" portion though)

eznark

Banned
No. The Giants are incapable of beating the Eagles if all of that comes to pass.

I'll laugh if they do sneak in. I'll laugh even harder if they actually win a playoff game.

Giants sneak in, Packers get the #2 seed, Giants beat the 49ers in San Fran week 1. It would be for the best.

I do too. Didn't like the idea at first but then loved it. Just needed some better games.
It just makes the wait for Sunday go by way quicker haha
So, is there any possible ending to a season more awful than getting swept by the Browns?
getting swept by Pat Shurmer led browns team, and in the final game getting beat with a Pat Shurmer led Browns team with no Trich and a walk on Qb.
The Walking Dead game is awesome.
Haven't played the the game, but loving the show so far. Just finished season 2

The football side was probably thinking "Hey we can bring him in to replace Brad Smith and do some gimmicky shit", the money side was thinking "Hey he will get us a bunch of attention and sell tickets". I think they thought they could control it better than they did, and I'm not too sure they expected Sanchize to shit the bed as bad as he did.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Shocked the Cards are going to keep Whisenhunt. Thought he'd for sure be gone after the debacle against Seattle.

No surprised about Schwartz. Say what you want about him he took over a 0-16, worst team in NFL history, and we were in the playoffs 3 years later. Some Lion fans were talking about a 5 year plan after the 0-16 season. Plus we still owe him money and some potential coaches like Jon Gruden and Brian Billick have plenty of teams to choose from.

The problem with our staff lies with Scott Linehan and his playcalling. It worked well the first year but his calling reverses, and running out of shotgun first or second down won't work for long. It did when we had Jahvid Best and the defense getting turnovers but that hasn't worked out as well this year.

squicken

Shocked the Cards are going to keep Whisenhunt. Thought he'd for sure be gone after the debacle against Seattle.

No surprised about Schwartz. Say what you want about him he took over a 0-16, worst team in NFL history, and we were in the playoffs 3 years later. Some Lion fans were talking about a 5 year plan after the 0-16 season. Plus we still owe him money and some potential coaches like Jon Gruden and Brian Billick have plenty of teams to choose from.

The problem with our staff lies with Scott Linehan and his playcalling. It worked well the first year but his calling reverses, and running out of shotgun first or second down won't work for long. It did when we had Jahvid Best and the defense getting turnovers but that hasn't worked out as well this year.

If you are a GM/coach, and you can't draft/develop a QB, then you should be fired. It's 80% of your job

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If you are a GM/coach, and you can't draft/develop a QB, then you should be fired. It's 80% of your job

I agree with what your saying and its essentially the reason Riveria is getting fired in Carolina, but Stafford has developed into one of the best young QBs in the league. The problem particularly this year, has been Linehans playcalling in the redzone (and overall) and lack of explosion in the running game that we had with Jahvid Best.

We're passing the ball in record numbers, and then running the ball out of shotgun with a RB (Leshoure), who is solid but should be run out of the standard I formation. Last year we were running out of shotgun and checking down to Jahvid Best who has insane speed and skill.

Someone like CJ Spiller would work wonders in the type of offense we run. I'd give up a 2nd round pick in a heartbeat for CJ Spiller.

squicken

That Giant-Niner blurb -- still going on about the Giants pass rushers. Stop it, media.

I used it earlier, but you guys are horror-movie villains. Not dead until the body is decapitated, burned, and buried

A funny thing about the coaching rumors is "x doesn't want to go somewhere unless there's a QB in place he can win with". Well, if there's a good QB in place, the job isn't usually open. That could make NO attractive, but could also be seen as Payton's sloppy seconds. It's also an older team that would resist a "program change"

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Watching Baylor and I'm thinking that between this and the Kirk Cousins thing, IRG3 is a system QB!

One rule that I think most of NFLGAF should follow is not making fun of QB injuries. It deeply affects some of us, plus how would you feel if ARod went down? Not funny, right?

Rorschach

One rule that I think most of NFLGAF should follow is not making fun of QB injuries. It deeply affects some of us, plus how would you feel if ARod went down? Not funny, right?

It depends on how he goes down. If someone injures themselves celebrating. That's mildly funny. If someone injures themselves trying to injure someone else, that's pretty hilarious. Like if Suh would have pulled a hammy trying to upkick someone's crotch, slipped while trying to stomp on a player's arm, or injured his back trying to choke slam a qb in a pre-season game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They have, and it'll always scare me. :( Despite the overall size and huskiness Stafford has, plenty of players out there will go for a cheapshot ala Steelers v. Palmer.
The biggest cheap shot artist being the guy in your avatar! Warren Sapp's favorite player by far!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The biggest cheap shot artist being the guy in your avatar! Warren Sapp's favorite player by far!

Honestly I don't think Suh plays the game "dirty" per se. The game itself is dirty, so dirty shit happens, but I think Suh is so strong physically at his position when he throws a QB it looks dirty when in fact he's just man handling them.

My greatest fear is an opposing defensive player going after Stafford as retaliation for what someone perceives as a dirty Suh hit.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Honestly I don't think Suh plays the game "dirty" per se. The game itself is dirty, so dirty shit happens, but I think Suh is so strong physically at his position when he throws a QB it looks dirty when in fact he's just man handling them.

My greatest fear is an opposing defensive player going after Stafford as retaliation for what someone perceives as a dirty Suh hit.

I'm dizzy from the amount of spin in this post.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm dizzy from the amount of spin in this post.

Ok I'll try to explain.

original.gif

What Suh did there is perfectly legal in the rule book, but if it happened to Stafford I would be pissed because that could potentially fuck him up and ruin our season.

At the same time the way Suh caught up to Cutler with his speed in that .gif, and brought him down with such fury and strength there is probably no other defensive lineman with the speed and strength that Suh has that could physically make that sack/QB hurry.

Its a catch 22 for me because I played defensive line my 10 years of playing football and loved making hits like that, but if that happens to my QB I'm pissed (whether teammate or Stafford). However what Suh did was perfectly legal in the beautiful game we call football.

ThatsmyDT.gif
ThatsmyQB.gif

mr2xxx

Banned
Ok I'll try to explain.

original.gif

What Suh did there is perfectly legal in the rule book, but if it happened to Stafford I would be pissed because that could potentially fuck him up and ruin our season.

At the same time the way Suh caught up to Cutler with his speed in that .gif, and brought him down with such fury and strength, there is probably no other defensive lineman with the speed and strength that Suh has.

Its a catch 22 for me because I played defensive line my 10 years of playing football and loved hits like that, but if that happens to my QB I'm pissed. However what Suh did was perfectly legal in the beautiful game we call football.

ThatsmyDT.gif
ThatsmyQB.gif

Now lets put in every gif of Suh stomping on nuts, legs, heads, whatever his spastic leg deems stompable.

Top Bottom