• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
dm_121022_e60_matt_stafford.jpg

Stafford displayed his athletic ability as the Lions moved him around and he was able to manipulate the defense with his feet.

Stafford displayed his athletic ability

athletic ability

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...lions-live-game-grades-player-analysis/page/2

cajunator

Banned
Sorry cajun but you are what you are. It's a talent problem. You get no pass rush, your LBs are slow, and your DBs can't cover long enough to wait for blitzes to get home.

sucks to suck. 2/3 of that defense will be unemployed next year

Pretty much seems the case.
So many first round busts on dline, secondary, neglected linebacker position for way too long.
Three different coordinators for the defense.
really dont know what they can do to fix it.
Imagine if this team didnt have Drew Brees.

Tabris

Third Superbowl for both Mannings.
First time ever two brothers dueled against each other in a Superbowl.
First time a QB left one team and took his new team to a Superbowl in the first year.
Superbowl is being held in New Orleans.
Archie Manning played for New Orleans.
Peyton and Eli were born in New Orleans.

It is destiny.

I told you.

The most amazing stat of it all is Eli only having 5 sacks going into game 8 of the season.
Weren't Giants fans complaining about the O-Line being shit? :jnc

Teach them how to tackle?

This. Seriously. How many times do you see a Saints hat get to a player, only to whiff on the tackle. Even when they wrap up guys just squirm away.

Your DC needs to scrap the complexities and just go over fundamentals. Forget pass rush, blitzing, all that. Just teach them how to form tackle properly.

Lions will probably sack Rodgers 5 plus times. They'll still lose by 20.

Jeff-DSA

The worst part about watching games delayed on the DVR is that I miss all the real time meltdowns. It was a good day to be a Dolphins fan though.

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Michael Irvin is incomprehensible on NFLN. Even Sanders is looking at him like "WTF are you talking about?"

I can't stand his stupid rambling. I used to really enjoy the show when it was just Mooch and Deion with nerdy Eisen trying to act cool and fit in. Now it's a cluster fuck.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Weren't Giants fans complaining about the O-Line being shit?
3 of the 5 were in the first game against the Cowboys with Diehl at LT. Once he went down, Beatty came in at LT and Locklear at RT....you haven't heard a peep. That is aside from me praying to the football gods that Diehl isn't put back into the starting lineup (which thankfully isn't going to happen barring injury).

Pretty much seems the case.
So many first round busts on dline, secondary, neglected linebacker position for way too long.
Three different coordinators for the defense.
really dont know what they can do to fix it.
Imagine if this team didnt have Drew Brees.

Your douchebag QB and that druggie head coach of yours are the only things keeping the Aints from returning to the NFL.

lucius

That was actually the worse overall game played by the Giants this year, they really could have used a bye this coming week.

ChanHuk

Banned
DMac had a decent game today. He still sucks for the ZBS. He runs too hard and too fast for ZBS, his vision and patience just aren't meant for ZBS. He would've had another 20 yard run if it weren't called back for a phantom holding call. Another problem is that unless the Raiders run no huddle. The D will cue onto DMac every time. Fuck you Greg Knapp.

squicken

Chris Long 2008 #2 overall -- re-signed at $10m/yr

Kendall Langford 2012 FA $12m guaranteed

Michael Brockers 2012 #14 overall

Robert Quinn 2011 #14 overall

You know what that buys? Not one sack. Not one hit. Not one hurry

RBH

DMac had a decent game today. He still sucks for the ZBS. He runs too hard and too fast for ZBS, his vision and patience just aren't meant for ZBS. He would've had another 20 yard run if it weren't called back for a phantom holding call. Another problem is that unless the Raiders run no huddle. The D will cue onto DMac every time. Fuck you Greg Knapp.

:lol

So glad Knapp is long gone out of Atlanta.

ChanHuk

Banned
:lol

So glad Knapp is long gone out of Atlanta.

His play calling is so predictable its ridiculous. 1st down: long ball 2nd down: run up the middle 3rd down: Some sort of run especially a draw in shotgun. Punt

He failed his first stint with the Raiders, granted he had JaFatty as QB. But the play calling was the same. If Dennis Allen doesn't fire him at the end of the season, Reggie needs to fire Dennis Allen. You turned your best player into a mediocre player. FUCK YOU KNAPP.

harSon

Banned
I still can't believe Ben has only been sacked 14 times. It's a combination of surprisingly decent blocking despite numerous injuries across our oline, Ben playing lights out and Haley installing an offensive scheme that gets the ball out of Ben's hands quicker.

I think the last point is the biggest difference, and it angers me to think what our teams could have been capable of in past seasons if Arians would have been sacked sooner.

Tabris

Pittsburgh has a rough schedule coming up. One of the reasons I am trading Big Ben + Vernon Davis for Philip Rivers (he's always lights out in December) + Alex Gonzalez in my fantasy pool.

harSon

Banned
Pittsburgh has a rough schedule coming up. One of the reasons I am trading Big Ben + Vernon Davis for Philip Rivers (he's always lights out in December) + Alex Gonzalez in my fantasy pool.

You're joking right? That's an awful trade. And Cleveland is probably the only tough defense we face the rest of the way. The Ravens and Giants defense aren't all that formidable right now, although the Ravens tend to play us tough regardless of their team's current state. Regardless, there's nothing about our remaining schedule that is going to hinder Ben's worth in fantasy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Yeah. The second half of the Steelers' season features such juggernauts as the Browns (twice), Chefs, Bengals and Chargers.

harSon

Banned
Yeah. The second half of the Steelers' season features such juggernauts as the Browns (twice), Chefs, Bengals and Chargers.

He may have a point though. The easier the opponent, the more awful our team plays. But then again, it's typically defensive issues, and not offensive ones, that do us in.

Tabris

Bengals D is pretty good. You also play Ravens twice, and even a Ray Lewis-less Ravens know the Steelers enough to keep it very low scoring.

I normally wouldn't do the trade but I'm going to the game on Thursday in SD (my first nfl live game with good seats!) as I'll be in town for a conference, and having the guy on my fantasy team will be that much better.

RyanDG

McGahee's fumbles are getting ridiculous. I swear that whenever he gets the ball now, I'm crossing my fingers and pleading "just hang on to the damn football". I haven't had this level of insecurity about a running back since Knowshown Moreno was pretending to be the #1 back in Denver.

McGahee's fumbles are getting ridiculous. I swear that whenever he gets the ball now, I'm crossing my fingers and pleading "just hang on to the damn football". I haven't had this level of insecurity about a running back since Knowshown Moreno was pretending to be the #1 back in Denver.
McGahee and Thomas are two guys who I hate to watch run because I have this same feeling. These guys just need to learn how to secure the ball better.

Now we have to teach our defense how to recover fumbles.

squicken

Made these two to illustrate Pats defense issues. First is from SEA game two weeks ago, second is Rams TD on first drive

http://www.abload.de/img/wuss-sidkvcda.gif

http://www.abload.de/img/br-givp9d7j.gif

lol

Nice protection scheme.

I really have no idea what they were doing there. The RT was Chris Williams, street FA signed Monday and totally foreign to offense. Center calls the protections but no idea why either he, Sam, or Schotty didn't think to put someone there to help. What really bugs me is Quick's effort. QB hit as he threw, and not only does he make no effort to break up pass, he seems to completely not give a fuck about it or tackling DB

K-19

Banned
557653oie291153598luhDaVy.png

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Fuck Fantasy :(

Striker

That was without will Beatty in the lineup, and while he's struggled, Sean Locklear is still miles better than what Kareem McKenzie became last season, and is a fair amount better than Diehl in pass pro. Snee has been so-so, but better than last year. Baas is healthy and playing great, and Boothe is his usual self, solid player as he's been since getting plugged in.

So, combined with Eli's quick release and pocket awareness, that's what happens. No pump fakes needed! It's nice to see Beatty in and healthy, hoping it can stay that way because he's easily been the best LT this team's had since, well, probably Diehl back in 2007.

cajunator

Banned
Dude I would NEVER wear a fucking bag over my head no matter what the record was. Theres no point to it.
The team is bad, but a lot of it has to do with severe disruptions and the outright suspension of a very good coach. Thats vastly different from the team just being awful (the defensive side of the ball is definitely a problem but this same personnell went 13-3 last year)

Im 100% certain ANY team that would have had to go through what we did this year would have tanked.
There is no way the wouldnt.

Draxal

O line's still kinda weak with Baas hurt the last couple of weeks. It's a product of playing teams with bad pass rushes, and really good games out of our WR's/TE/fb and the fact that Eli gets the ball out insanely fast at times.

It's November though, so I'm preparred for the Giants to lose four in a row.

bionic77

I still can't believe Ben has only been sacked 14 times. It's a combination of surprisingly decent blocking despite numerous injuries across our oline, Ben playing lights out and Haley installing an offensive scheme that gets the ball out of Ben's hands quicker.

I think the last point is the biggest difference, and it angers me to think what our teams could have been capable of in past seasons if Arians would have been sacked sooner.
Heath Miller would have been an annual pro bowler if we had a real coach. And like the pro he is he never once complained or asked for more balls.

Top Bottom