• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm still undecided on which vehicle to support tonight.

Can anyone describe to me the safety features between the buctruck and the vikebike?

squicken said:
Awesome work FV. Thanks for posting all that
No problem! Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Sanchez contract is pretty fucking horrible too. 27m guaranteed and they are stuck with him until at least 2014 with those cap numbers.

squicken

No problem! Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Sanchez contract is pretty fucking horrible too. 27m guaranteed and they are stuck with him until at least 2014 with those cap numbers.

The dumb part was they so mismanaged their cap that they had to convert the final two years from an option to guaranteed for cap relief. It's not that he is awful, but they have seen enough to know he's not a top 10 guy. They needed to admit they were old and flawed and move on to a rebuild.

What was their ceiling this year, even with a healthy Revis and Holmes? The rest of the defense had gotten old and so did the OL. They are still playoff contenders but not the kind of lotto ticket team that can get hot and make a run

I'm still undecided on which vehicle to support tonight.

Can anyone describe to me the safety features between the buctruck and the vikebike?

A truck will get you there. No frills. Kinda Slow. Good for long trips down the field or picking up Taco Bell for the team.

A VIKEBIKE is dangerous, unpredictable, fast, will completely wipeout when it hits a slick patch. With that said you will be hard pressed to look any cooler while also being a hair away from a fiery death at any moment.

Mindlog

FMADC.jpg

All day aint ready for tonight.

Profootballfocus has a piece on Cornerback ratings (a bit of a follow-up to the previous completion percentage chart I posted in the last thread). Points out the top of the heap, a spotlight on 2011's CB class and the bottom of the heap:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/25/snapshot-nfl-passer-rating-allowed-cornerbacks/

The Bears cornerbacks own the top rating at the moment for best duo in the NFL. Though they don't top the actual list itself:

As far as the 2011 class:

Second-Year Standouts

The cornerback class of the 2011 draft may go down as one of the best in history, and has had some players explode onto this scene this year. Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara, Chris Culliver, and Richard Sherman have all been top-flight cover corners this season and all are in the Top 10 in NFL Rating Allowed. Combined, they have allowed one touchdown and intercepted eight passes. What they have done is nothing short of amazing, especially considering that Sherman was the only one to have a positive coverage grade last season. This has the chance to be a class that, much like the receivers of 1996, the quarterbacks of 2004, and the tight ends of 2010, people talk about for a while.

New Englands corners get to be at the top of the shit heap (specifically Kyle Arrington).

They also mention that for as good as Prince is playing, Webster is playing equally bad for the Giants having given up over 400 yards thus far this season.

Profootballfocus has a piece on Cornerback ratings (a bit of a follow-up to the previous completion percentage chart I posted in the last thread). Points out the top of the heap, a spotlight on 2011's CB class and the bottom of the heap:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/25/snapshot-nfl-passer-rating-allowed-cornerbacks/

The Bears cornerbacks own the top rating at the moment for best duo in the NFL. Though they don't top the actual list itself:

As far as the 2011 class:

New Englands corners get to be at the top of the shit heap (specifically Kyle Arrington).

They also mention that for as good as Prince is playing, Webster is playing equally bad for the Giants having given up over 400 yards thus far this season.

I love Chris culliver!

Rorschach

Cromartie's performance has been surprising. I guess he just needs everyone around him to be shittier so there's no pressure behind him. He wasn't even all that good in SD.

effzee

LOL!!!! Eagles are 4-1 against the Falcons since 2006, the only loss was last year when they had the game wrapped up but Vick got hurt. Both teams play close games, Falcons could win it but the Eagles are favorites for a reason. I think the Eagles will pull it out in the end.

And in 2006 they had a different coaching staff and whole different personnel, including the QB who now plays for us.

It might be close but after the last 2 performances I have zero confidence in the Eagles. Plus I will be at the game so I expect them to hurt me more.

Greg Jennings definitely getting the surgery, expects to be back this year

Damn you Frenchie! Robbed me!

Striker

Definitely, expected him to be higher.

Never understood why Giants fans kept talking about Webster being a press corner, guy gets toasted regardless. Dude looks cooked.

Edit:Press Coverage ratings from earlier in the year.
He was fantastic in 08 and Spags had him press all year. Probably his most memorable season for me.

He's battling a hand and hamstring injury now and has been for several weeks. Doesn't ignore his awful Week 1 game, though. I'm sure Giants will be looking at CB regardless this offseason in the draft to replace Web after next season. They still have Prince at the other spot, and Hosley will lock down the nickel package barring injury.

A truck will get you there. No frills. Kinda Slow. Good for long trips down the field or picking up Taco Bell for the team.

A VIKEBIKE is dangerous, unpredictable, fast, will completely wipeout when it hits a slick patch. With that said you will be hard pressed to look any cooler while also being a hair away from a fiery death at any moment.

*slowclap*

The VIKEBIKE don't have no breaks... and you don't get no helmet.
Hold on to your dicks. All day at the Ponderosa!

LJ11

He was fantastic in 08 and Spags had him press all year. Probably his most memorable season for me.

He's battling a hand and hamstring injury now and has been for several weeks. Doesn't ignore his awful Week 1 game, though. I'm sure Giants will be looking at CB regardless this offseason in the draft to replace Web after next season. They still have Prince at the other spot, and Hosley will lock down the nickel package barring injury.

Yeah, Webster was very good for a few seasons, clearly lost a step the last couple of years. Injuries have killed the Giants at that position. Tillman looked cooked a couple of years ago and he's a having a bit of renaissance this year, so you never know.

Striker

Giants have a lot of contracts to look at soon.

Webster, Rolle, Snee, Diehl, Bradshaw, and Boley have a decent sized contracts, though outside Bradshaw, will all be 30+. Diehl is a definite goner and I think Bradshaw lasts another year while they continue to groom Wilson into the playbook responsibilities. Prepping the deals that loom for Cruz, Nicks, and JPP.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Looks like we'll be able to resign Greg Jennings on the cheap. Having an injury in a contract year is the worst situation for a player but it is what it is. Unless he wants more money coming off an injury and an elite quarterback anyway!

You guys remember why the Panthers resigned all those players to such bad contracts right? Jerry Richardson was the one holding up the lockout negotiations and a lot of players felt he was being cheap on purpose. I thought the reasoning was that he did it so that he could say "see? I'm not cheap!".

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Top ten worst contracts in the NFL according to ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/2125/worst-nfl-contracts-no-running-from-russell

1. Chris Johnson (RB) six years, $80.96 million
2. Michael Vick (QB) six years, $100 million
3. Mark Sanchez (QB) three years, $40.4 million
4. Kevin Kolb (QB) six years, $62.1 million
5. Matt Cassel (QB) six years, $58 million
6. DeAngelo Williams (RB) five years, $43 million
7. Tyson Jackson (DE) five years, $56.2 million
8. Will Smith (DE) six years, $60.8 million
9. Doug Free (T) six years, $48 million
10. Carson Palmer (QB) four years, $43 million

Where is Sam Bradford and Mario Williams? Or is it too soon for either player?

Also, starting QBs pretty much make 10 million a year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Somebody in the Tigers - Giants game will steal a base tonight. Freeman will get word of the news and then proceed to fucking annihilate the Vikebike.

Afrikan

anyone see Deon tell that kid to do his dance...and the poor kid butchered it...Deon grabbed him and gave him a tight hug while looking at the camera like "Damn...Damn....Daaaaamn.".

squicken

Looks like a misdemeanor maybe?

Drug laws are dumb, but Mathieu has a potential NFL future only for some reason prefers pot to millions of dollars. LSU was trying to cultivate some feel good story about him overcoming his demons and putting him back on the team. There's no way that can happen now

wienke said:
Where is Sam Bradford and Mario Williams?
Don't know if I'd count Bradford just yet. Not saying it was a good deal, but his contract was what it was before the rookie pay scale was in place. The cost of signing a #1 pick, etc.

Stafford got his in much the same fasnion for two years of being injured, one quality year and now this seasons output (anemic) so you might as well lob him in there if that's the criteria...

jakncoke said:
theres a bandwagon for that?
There should be on the gaming side of things. Gaming in 3D can be amazing. Films? Not so much...

Top Bottom