• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

ari

Banned
How do you come from pushing around a team like the niners to getting pushed around by a top ten 2013 draft pick team?

Nothing in that game tells me this was a fluke. Vikebike is who we thought they were.

How do you come from pushing around a team like the niners to getting pushed around by a top ten 2013 draft pick team?

Nothing in that game tells me this was a fluke. Vikebike is who we thought they were.

Vikings were top 3. They are doing fine considering.

Manus

Because when the Niners are bad...their really bad.

Lunchbox

Banned
I hope the northerners bought generators.
The power infrastructure in virginia and maryland is a joke.

virginia is still south. plus we dont get hurricanes here in the real north

last year was supposed to be the end of days and nothing happened, just like every year. Its nice to live in the most developped part of the country. like paradise, but better

cajunator

Banned
virginia is still south. plus we dont get hurricanes here in the real north

last year was supposed to be the end of days and nothing happened, just like every year. Its nice to live in the most developped part of the country. like paradise, but better

Its nice naturewise.
Too bad the food sucks.
But you cant have everything.

cajunator

Banned
not everyone has the taste for mongoose, squirrel, weasel and what ever you people like to eat down there

our seafood is known worldwide not just region wide

There is cajun stuff everywhere around the world. Or at least people try to replicate it.
Your seafood up there is ok but needs better seasoning.

MechDX

Currently in 6th in GAF No confidence. Just gained a point tonight because the 5 ahead of me picked the Vikings.

Gonna eat some Taco Bell to celebrate!

K-19

Banned
What the fucking fuck was this game? Are you kidding me? srly?
Min give me -3.00 FP, what the hell? Where are the fucking INTs??? Where is the fucking Vike D??
Fuck you Min! Fuck that!

Slo

What the fucking fuck was this game? Are you kidding me? srly?
Min give me -3.00 FP, what the hell? Where are the fucking INTs??? Where is the fucking Vike D??
Fuck you Min! Fuck that!

:jnc

When has the Vikings D ever been known for turnovers?

Can't see the Vikings winning more than two games. Slo was right about Ponder, although he does have nice touch on his deep balls (they seem to hang up there forever though) he really is captain check down.

squicken

Windows 8 makes me feel old. I like some of it but mostly I just want it to work like windows 7 did. Metro stuff is kind of complicated for mouse and keyboard

Wes

venison crêpe
While I have not seen official reports from the Browns or any television networks, I have received word from someone close to the situation that the Browns will soon be starring in what is described as a "Hard Knocks Type" reality series.

The special is rumored to be airing on the Travel Channel and filming is scheduled to start next week. From what I understand, it will give viewers a "behind the scenes" look at the Browns on and off the field, very similar to the successful HBO series, Hard Knocks.

Haha this is going to be hilarious.

Slo

Thinking about things for a bit, I guess if I was running an offense that had AD, Percy, a big young TE, a young QB that I don't really trust, and a bunch of garbage filling in the rest I think I'd probably run the same offense that the Vikings do. We feed AP, we create touches for Percy by getting him the ball in space which suits his strengths, and then we run play action off of those things. In fact if we weren't doing those things, people would be calling for the coaches head. If we were running 4 wide, no-huddle with Ponder calling the shots at the line and our WRs, our OC would be canned.

The problem becomes 1) this offensive theory depends on flawless execution of 12 play drives that take 7 minutes, 2) when you call a pass play that has exactly one potential target, when it's not there it becomes a Tecmo Bowl style jail break, and 3) it doesn't develop Ponder into a genuine pocket passer.

squicken

Thinking about things for a bit, I guess if I was running an offense that had AD, Percy, a big young TE, a young QB that I don't really trust, and a bunch of garbage filling in the rest I think I'd probably run the same offense that the Vikings do. We feed AP, we create touches for Percy by getting him the ball in space which suits his strengths, and then we run play action off of those things. In fact if we weren't doing those things, people would be calling for the coaches head. If we were running 4 wide, no-huddle with Ponder calling the shots at the line and our WRs, our OC would be canned.

The problem becomes 1) this offensive theory depends on flawless execution of 12 play drives that take 7 minutes
, 2) when you call a pass play that has exactly one potential target, when it's not there it becomes a Tecmo Bowl style jail break, and 3) it doesn't develop Ponder into a genuine pocket passer.

I kno this feel

It sucks having an offense that can't survive a single mistake. A holding call and the drive is over.

edit: The Browns owner made his money in truck stops, so it's appropriate it's on the Travel Channel

Also, Peyton Manning bought 200 Papa Johns. Maybe a contingency plan if he plays TB or DET in a SB

I kind of wonder about their handling of Ponder. It's the case where the coach is worried about the short term of winning and keeping his job, while the organization needs the QB to take his lumps and develop. Frazer was on lots of preseason "hot seats", and coaxing Ponder to 8-8/9-7 probably save his job

eznark

Banned
I don't watch a lot of ESPN, just confirming. And a quick google search tells me that yes he is black and this is a semi regular occurrence for him.

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
The Patriots just completed a walkthrough in Hyde Park in London. Aaron Hernandez was NOT present. Seems like he didn't make the trip.

guh?!

MechDX

MattSchaubBlock2.gif

Schaub is such a boss!

Top Bottom