• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

I see you BG! I SEE YOU!

I am glad you have accepted Weeden into your heart like I have.

And even better the Colt McCoy fanboys have been pretty damn quiet since around week 3. It's really showing that Weeden is doing something right.

1 win, and the only team he has played well against this year is the Bengals. I think the colt fans have shut up because Colt sucks as well.

squicken

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Pats TE Aaron Hernandez's ankle has not responded to treatment. He's struggling to cut, will not play Sunday vs. Rams. Bye next week to rest

There it is, from whoever Schefter poached it from

Nori Chan

I see you BG! I SEE YOU!

I am glad you have accepted Weeden into your heart like I have.

And even better the Colt McCoy fanboys have been pretty damn quiet since around week 3. It's really showing that Weeden is doing something right.

image.php

KingGondo

Banned
1 win, and the only team he has played well against this year is the Bengals. I think the colt fans have shut up because Colt sucks as well.
That is an ignorant statement. Take out the first game and he's played more than well enough for them to win more than 1 game, especially considering how much responsibility the coaching staff is putting on him.

Only Brees and Brady have more pass attempts than Weeden.

His WRs lead the league in drops, his coaches have no idea how to use the running game, and there have been multiple special teams lapses in their losses.

That is an ignorant statement. Take out the first game and he's played more than well enough for them to win more than 1 game, especially considering how much responsibility the coaching staff is putting on him.

His WRs lead the league in drops, his coaches have no idea how to use the running game, and there have been multiple special teams lapses in their losses.

He has played poorly enough for his team to have lost all those games. I get that he went to your school but to act lik he is playing well is silly. They drafted him in the 1st round because he was supposed to be more mature, and NFL ready. Now you are complaining that the coaches are giving him to much responsibility? I have actually watched a few of his games this year with them playing the Eagles and on Thursday night, plus watching the Giants game during breaks in the Eagles game. People always blame the WR when their is a drop but how many of those are because he made the WR reach for the ball because the pass wasnt where it needed to be. We will see how this all plays out but I bet he isnt the Browns QB 2 years from now.

Doug Martin really got some skills. Just like I said yesterday morning, the dude was gonna up all over Viking's ass.

Funny, because what's going on with Trent Richerdson? You never hear about the guy. Is he a bust or what?

yankeehater said:
People always blame the WR when their is a drop but how many of those are because he made the WR reach for the ball because the pass wasnt where it needed to be.
Not to play too much of a defense force here for Weeden but drops are a real issue with the Browns and it's not something that can always be blamed on the throws. Greg Little alone is AWFUL at catching anything thrown his way. Perfectly thrown or not. Go watch the Ravens game for a sample of how terrible he is.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Funny, because what's going on with Trent Richerdson? You never hear about the guy. Is he a bust or what?
Richardson is fantastic when healthy. He's not utilized nearly enough.

eznark

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgGr1-JA5io

took a midnight train goin anywheeeeeeere

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Pats TE Aaron Hernandez's ankle has not responded to treatment. He's struggling to cut, will not play Sunday vs. Rams. Bye next week to rest

There it is, from whoever Schefter poached it from

Damn now I forced to use Celek..

But then again Welker fans should like this...More touches

KingGondo

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgGr1-JA5io

took a midnight train goin anywheeeeeeere
Don't worry, I won't. :p

He has played poorly enough for his team to have lost all those games. I get that he went to your school but to act lik he is playing well is silly.
The Browns aren't even in those games without Weeden for the most part. In the past, if the Browns got 20+ scored on them, the game was over. Now they at least have a chance because they now have a passing game. IIRC, if you take away the first game he's around 20th in the league in QB rating. That's pretty good for a rookie on such an unbalanced offense.

Now you are complaining that the coaches are giving him to much responsibility?
I never did that. I was simply stating that he has responded pretty well considering the number of attempts he's had in his first 7 games. You have to admit it's pretty crazy that he's only trailing Brees and Brady in attempts.

People always blame the WR when their is a drop but how many of those are because he made the WR reach for the ball because the pass wasnt where it needed to be. We will see how this all plays out but I bet he isnt the Browns QB 2 years from now.
Gordon's drop against Indy probably cost them the game, and the pass was *perfect*. Little's drops against Baltimore almost certainly cost them points, and the game came down to the final possession.

Weeden is simply not the reason the Browns are losing.

bionic77

At least you get to sit on that victory for an extra week. I have nothing to look forward to except a series of progressively worse games by my team as they descend into mediocrity.
Why so down? The season is just starting to get exciting for North fans. The race to 8-8 and the division begins!

After we destroy RGIII and join the land of the above .500, and lets be clear this is pretty precious real estate in the AFC (unfortunately our lease for above .500 is only good for a week, after which we go back to living with the rest of the crappy teams in shitsville), it is going to be a battle of the mediocre to see who can not lose this division. If that doesn't get you pumped up then you might be dead!

Why so down? The season is just starting to get exciting for North fans. The race to 8-8 and the division begins!

After we destroy RGIII and join the land of the above .500, and lets be clear this is pretty precious real estate in the AFC (unfortunately our lease for above .500 is only good for a week, after which we go back to living with the rest of the crappy teams in shitsville), it is going to be a battle of the mediocre to see who can not lose this division. If that doesn't get you pumped up then you might be dead!

I'm excited for this new experience. We go Browns then Oakland then Pittsburgh for 2 of 3 games! Who wouldn't be excited for the greatest rivalry in sports.

It's true though, before we lost to Houston, I had us pegged for 9-7, and looking at our schedule, I'll pencil us in for two wins over Cleveland and Oakland, putting us at 7-2. At that point, the pain begins, and we stagger to MAYBE 9-7, and that is with us splitting against Pittsburgh and beating Washington in DC, which might not happen.

At least us failing will help us get rid of Flacco. I love Ozzie Newsome, he totally knew what we all knew the whole time; Joe Flacco sucks. Now he can just sit back, let the fans turn on him, and watch him walk after this season.....right to SF where they will think they are upgrading over Alex Smith, but aren't.

I'm excited for this new experience. We go Browns then Oakland then Pittsburgh for 2 of 3 games! Who wouldn't be excited for the greatest rivalry in sports.

It's true though, before we lost to Houston, I had us pegged for 9-7, and looking at our schedule, I'll pencil us in for two wins over Cleveland and Oakland, putting us at 7-2. At that point, the pain begins, and we stagger to MAYBE 9-7, and that is with us splitting against Pittsburgh and beating Washington in DC, which might not happen.

At least us failing will help us get rid of Flacco. I love Ozzie Newsome, he totally knew what we all knew the whole time; Joe Flacco sucks. Now he can just sit back, let the fans turn on him, and watch him walk after this season.....right to SF where they will think they are upgrading over Alex Smith, but aren't.

Lol you think we'd sign flacco over home grown kap? Nay

I thought he offered Flacco a huge contract but Flacco' agent turned it down due to him wanting more guaranteed money.

I thought he offered Flacco a huge contract but Flacco' agent turned it down due to him wanting more guaranteed money.

Maybe. But now, if I were Ozzie, when negotiation time came, I'd say to the agent "FACE!"

Lol you think we'd sign flacco over home grown kap? Nay

Hey, I agree with you. Flacco is shit. But I could see this happen if the Niners fail in the playoffs and Flacco is the "best" FA QB available. Fans will talk themselves in to it. Not smart fans, but they will.

But....Kap>Flac

Nakazato

At least you get to sit on that victory for an extra week. I have nothing to look forward to except a series of progressively worse games by my team as they descend into mediocrity.
No greater truth has ever been said by BL. Time to can cam and have pees to split

I has us at 10-6 to start the year. Were going to get swept by the steelers. Lose to Nyg and SD. At the end of this season heads have to roll. This team is fucking horrid both on O and D. Ray looks like he lost to much weight which caused him to get injured. Ed is just playing for money now he no longer cares for the sport. Our Oline outside of the rookie KO, Yanda, and some what oher has been bad. Wrs cant beat press man coverage. Joe is locking on to WRs. And our CBs cant play bump and run man. Im fucking dome with how shit this team has played. I would rather loose all of our games coming up to get a good 1st round round pick.

Lunchbox

Banned

glad to see stealers finally learning their place in the afc pecking order

years of getting blown out in foxboro didnt help them get it, but watching their rapist getting old and more useless has finally sunk in.

Demarcus Ware missed his third straight day of practice for the Cowboys with some type of illness. Any news on whether he'll play Cowboys fans?

Smokey

Not gonna lie that was probably phone of the more enjoy wins no doubt because of that playoff game and the Packers game the week before. At least when we got destroyed we only had 6 days to sit on it so I'm sorry

Texans get some success and you can't post here anymore what are you too good for us

xnipx

This pessimism is hilarious. You should have your ravens fans cards stripped. Flacco is our best QB since vinny. Hes not the problem. He will get paid. And he will lead us to a super bowl at one point in his career. We are 5-2 in a shit AFC that's up for grabs. Pittsburg is just as equally horrible they barely beat a bengals team we blew out. I will bet anything we have a record over 10-6 at the end of the year.

This pessimism is hilarious. You should have your ravens fans cards stripped. Flacco is our best QB since vinny. Hes not the problem. He will get paid. And he will lead us to a super bowl at one point in his career. We are 5-2 in a shit AFC that's up for grabs. Pittsburg is just as equally horrible they barely beat a bengals team we blew out. I will bet anything we have a record over 10-6 at the end of the year.

Lol McNair >>>>>>>>> flacco

No greater truth has ever been said by BL. Time to can cam and have pees to split

I has us at 10-6 to start the year. Were going to get swept by the steelers. Lose to Nyg and SD. At the end of this season heads have to roll. This team is fucking horrid both on O and D. Ray looks like he lost to much weight which caused him to get injured. Ed is just playing for money now he no longer cares for the sport. Our Oline outside of the rookie KO, Yanda, and some what oher has been bad. Wrs cant beat press man coverage. Joe is locking on to WRs. And our CBs cant play bump and run man. Im fucking dome with how shit this team has played. I would rather loose all of our games coming up to get a good 1st round round pick.

Ravens schedule on out:

@Cleveland W (but it's almost impossible to be sure since Flacco/Road)
Oakland W
@Pittsburgh L
@San Diego L
Pittsburgh W (only because we always split with Pitt it seems)
@Washington L (Flacco road game)
Denver L
NYGiants L
@Cincy L

That puts us at 3-6 over the next 9, and 8-8 overall. Maybe 9-7, but worse is possible too. That is not an easy schedule.

And we suck.

This pessimism is hilarious.

I thought we had met before, but then you said this.

Smokey

Naw playa flacco is not the one. Unfortunately for you and fortunately for me the Ravens are going to sign him long term.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ravens schedule on out:

@Cleveland W (but it's almost impossible to be sure since Flacco/Road)
Oakland W
@Pittsburgh L
@San Diego L
Pittsburgh W (only because we always split with Pitt it seems)
@Washington L (Flacco road game)
Denver L
NYGiants L
@Cincy L

That puts us at 3-6 over the next 9, and 8-8 overall. Maybe 9-7, but worse is possible too. That is not an easy schedule.

And we suck.

I thought we had met before, but then you said this.

I see 10-6 at least. 11-5 is doable.

bionic77

Sure.

I am a little conflicted because I like RGIII, but at the same time I want him to play the worst game of his career on Sunday.

9-7 seems about right for the ceiling for both of our teams. Nothing lasts forever and after every season or cycle of steroids there is always something else or an ending that follows.

I do kind of hope Flacco goes to San Fran just so we can both enjoy see FMT talk himself into the idea of him being the next Montana. On the other hand Flacco was so spoiled in Baltimore it wouldn't be fair for him to fall into another team with a great running game and defense to carry him. If that happens he will have to be considered the luckiest qb of all time.

Bowser

Steve Reed‏@SteveReedAP
Ron Rivera says Jonathan Stewart will start at RB against the Bears again this week.

Jonathan Jones‏@jjones9
When Rivera told DeAngelo about the changes to the rushing game, he said he didn't agree with it, but handled it like a pro

Joe Person‏@josephperson
Rivera said he wants to get the backs in a rhythm instead of subbing them in and out every play.

Steve Reed‏@SteveReedAP
Ron Rivera on how the Panthers plan to use their RBs: "We want one guy to develop a rhythm and then if he gets hot, ride him."

Steve Reed‏@SteveReedAP
Panthers definitely headed away from rotating RBs. Rivera wants to find the hot back and stick with him.

8DL6L.gif

*imagine the above shouting "HURNEEEEYYYYY!!!" instead of "KHAAANNNN!!!"*

Colasante

Patriots put cornerback Ras-I Dowling on injured reserve. Was the 33rd pick in last year's draft. Was on IR after week 2 last year too. What a waste.

Bowser

Speaking of Carolina, after talking to sources inside the Panthers building, it appears head coach Ron Rivera must rapidly turn this season around to save his job for 2013.

I'm told owner Jerry Richardson wanted former GM Marty Hurney to make some moves, and when Hurney was reluctant, it cost him his own job. Hurney saved a few people with his actions, but if the Panthers don't start winning, there will be no one left to save the coaching staff.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...vikings-christian-ponder-coming-back-to-earth

Welp, Rivera's pretty much gotta go at least 7-3 to have a shot at saving his job. If we finish below .500, no question he's done.

Top Bottom