• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Striker

The key is to keep finding whoever Webster is covering.
Dude has a bad hammy and bad hand now. The Safeties were just as bad in Week 1. Completely useless.

Stevie Brown's been pretty good and Rolle had a good game versus SF (not so much versus WSH).

ari

Banned
Well he also pretend that bears are good. 6 point win at home against lions D with off the street nickel and safety while the other starting Cb was a no name rookie replacement . still only 13 points after the D hand wrapped excellent field position.
The game was virtually a shut out. Everyone agrees with that. I do agree our offense is suspect.

Niners, texans, ravens, and giants beat one team with a winning record. All losing from teams with lesser records at the time except the ravens/texans.

Falcons played nobody and barely win,and Broncos beat no one with a winning record and lose to all winning record teams.

Haters gonna hate.

The game was virtually a shut out. Everyone agrees with that. I do agree our offense is suspect.

Niners, texans, ravens, and giants beat one team with a winning record. All losing from teams with lesser records at the time except the ravens/texans.

Falcons played nobody and barely win,and Broncos beat no one with a winning record and lose to all winning record teams.

Haters gonna hate, and seda fake ass joins along with them like clockwork. Get off the bandwagon goon.

Falcons are a great comparison to the Bears.

Falcons vs Bears in the playoffs... who could possibly choke more/worse? That would be a sight to see.

Slo

I can't wait until the country gets to see Christian Ponder do multiple play action fakes to AD and Percy, move the safety with his head, and then throw a 6 yard check down to the TE 18 times a game.

All bears wins this season except last night was by 17 points. Three of them being beatdowns. What bubble do you live in?

I'm in the bubble where you are taught how to read and write. I'm talking about the playoffs, not September and October.

long time eagles fan here, haven't really posted much in this thread, and excuse my rant but from what I always observed, I thought Reid was pretty much "coach-for-life" with Lurie. But with Lurie getting divorced and Joe Banner going to Cleveland, and then finally Lurie "going public" that Reid has to do better -- I'm really wondering what's going on in Eagle-ville?

8-8 means Reid is fired? Lurie starts to pander to WIP chatter? With no Banner, what does Lurie do? What's his involvement level? When Jerry Jones presumed to know enough to be involved in Football decisions, he went from 3 SB wins, to 1 playoff appearance in over 15 years.

The NFL has changed a lot. A lot of rule changes even since 10 years ago.

Can a team win a SB without an Elite Qb anymore? Not that many did before either -- but the Phil Simms, Brad Johnsons managed, and the occasional Trent Dilfer.

If Nick Foles ceiling is Joe Flacco is that good enough? If his ceiling is Ben Rothlisberger, that would be.

The thing about McCoy, Desean and Maclin is that they are still young. As is Bryce Brown, who looks to have NFL pedigree. That's 2 WR and 2 RB that could be around for a while. On D, Cox and Kendricks and DRC are still younger side of things.

Gruden and Cowher don't interest me, as I don't think former coaches who already won a ring, can leave the NFl, come back and do it again. Dick Vermeil remember, was A) an excpetion and super unusual situation B) hadn't actually won it before ...

On some forum I saw the mention of Chip Kelly and spread offense... said Bellichick is using it and is ahead of the curve.

I don't know...

But I'm very curious about Lurie now. The thing he did early on, was to separate himself from the Norman Braman era, he consulted the Bill Walsh's and took a shot at Ray Rhodes and then went through benching RC, and picking up Waters, Troy, Steve Everitt, Irv Fryar -- he tasted playoffs and then it fell apart and then with some experience got Reid and Donovan and we know the rest ...

But that was 15 years ago -- and now Banner is gone....

What can we expect? If Andy does anything less than 10-6 and playoffs, doesn't Lurie have to keep his word to save face with the fans and media? And if Reid is out, who is the master-mind on personnel? Do Washburn, Mudd and Bowles all go out the door too? Does Bowles elevate as the young up-n-comer and get a new O Coord to work with young Foles?

I'm really curious where the franchise is going...

It's 8 years now since 2004. No one left from those 12 win teams ... No Tra/Runyan, no Chad Lewis, No Troy/Bobby, no Lito/Sheldon/Lewis, no Trotter/Emmons/Hugh ... no Donovan....

This bunch's longest tenured player is Mike Patterson. Yes. Cole Celek Peters Nnamdi, Demeco are all vets.

And frankly this bunch hasn't done much. We've tasted one 11 win season since 04 and were one n done in playoffs.

I'm really curious as to the future, and if our only hope is if Foles becomes a Ben Rothlisberger caliber Qb?

Good to see another Eagles fan. I think losing Banner is a huge loss. Ried will be gone after the season. You are totally right about the fans making the moves now. This is the last year for the Eagles. After this they bring in a new coach, and new coaches always want to clean house and bring in their guys. Ried is a great coach but he couldnt get them over the final hump for a variety of reasons. Lurie is going to keep anyone, the whole staff will be out and he and Roseman will pick a new coach who will hire an all new staff. If you have any hope at all for Foles you are nuts though. He was horrible in college and only looked good in the pre-season cause he was going up against guys that are not even in the league anymore for the most part. His celling isnt even Flacco, and Flacco is garbage. The worst part of all this is that the Eagles play in such a shitty division but they are just as bad as the rest of the East.

I can't wait until the country gets to see Christian Ponder do multiple play action fakes to AD and Percy, move the safety with his head, and then throw a 6 yard check down to the TE 18 times a game.

I don't care as long as doesn't throw a bunch of ints.

Hell ill be ecstatic if he throws for 150 yards and a td with no turnovers.

ari

Banned
Vikings beat the lions by 7.

Bears beat them by 6.

Vikings are better. By a measurable unit of one NFL point.
Haha, I give you that. Vikebike are really interesting this year. See what you guys can do against a good packers and good bears team to get the NFC north nod. :)

Uhhhh....

kM9tL.jpg

The media has hit a new low now accusing Eli of being a rapist!

Bowser

I will give ari credit on the Seda thing - I have a hard time believing dude is a Bears fan. Cut the "woe is me, we suck, we're gonna get blown out" act, leave it to the fans of teams that actually are shitty like the Panthers

I will give ari credit on the Seda thing - I have a hard time believing dude is a Bears fan. Cut the "woe is me, we suck, we're gonna get blown out" act, leave it to the fans of teams that actually are shitty like the Panthers
I just see it as managing expectations but I guess the guy can speak for himself.

ronnie brown was on the radio trying to explain that the towel they were using was designed to absorb moisture...sounds like they were using a chamois or something, but he did a really bad job explaining this, so it did seem like they were using stick 'em.

ari

Banned
I just see it as managing expectations but I guess the guy can speak for himself.
I agree, actually I would like to apologies for what I type. Really childish of me. Was just kinda pissed off about the bears record and such.

Sorry Seda. Will edit the post.

I don't have to go back to work until 5 November so I am going to play all the god of war games in chronological order.

Good idea or great idea?

Slo

The Ponder hypetrain has been derailed?

For a guy that was supposedly "NFL ready" coming out of Florida State, he really seems immature as a QB. He's very accurate, and the coaching staff has done a good job of designing plays that make the best of out our limited personnel. His hype was mostly around his high completion percentage and lack of interceptions, but when EVERY play is a fake to AD and then a drag route to Percy, it's easy to look good.

We don't run longer developing, deeper routes because 1) We don't have the WRs to do it. 2) AD can't block for shit. And 3) We don't trust Ponder to make good decisions.

Greg

I don't have to go back to work until 5 November so I am going to play all the god of war games in chronological order.

Good idea or great idea?
wait, what order would that be? they lost me on the timeline once the PSP versions started coming out

the main 3 are awesome though

Seda

I'm just being honest, honestly. Bears just bring out the worst in me. In any other part of NeoGAF, I am way more positive. Yesterday's game was easily the most frustrating yet this year.

LOL I didn't even see whatever Ari posted. I'm not easily insulted don't worry.

I agree, actually I would like to apologies for what I type. Really childish of me. Was just kinda pissed off about the bears record and such.

Sorry Seda. Will edit the post.

Glad ari is beginning to be molded to fit into our insular community. What progress we've made in just a page.

eznark

Banned
What? Ez and me both were talking up Ponder when he came out. I loved him at FSU. I thought he would be the best QB in the draft.

Yup, unfortunately I don't think he is playing the best football right now from that class. I'm actually pretty impressed with what Locker has been able to do when on the field at times. Generally speaking though, that whole class has been kind of a disappointment.

Scam is also probably playing better. It's a matter of role though. Newton is expected to do a lot more than either of those two. I think if they did a re-do of that draft I would coin flip the three of them.

That said, I watched a lot of that Arizona game. Tough to not be super, super down on Ponder after that shit show.

Bowser

I'm just being honest, honestly. Bears just bring out the worst in me. In any other part of NeoGAF, I am way more positive. Yesterday's game was easily the most frustrating yet this year.

LOL I didn't even see whatever Ari posted. I'm not easily insulted don't worry.

I don't know man, in the past 16 regular season games in which Cutler has started, the Bears are 12-4. They would have made the playoffs last season if not for his injury. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here rooting for a team that's gone 9-29 in the past two-plus seasons and yet I'm still more optimistic than you are. I'm not sure if that says more about you or me though.

Sean Lee was on crutches yesterday and it looks like Felix Jones may not be available Sunday either:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...-blow-felix-jones-has-bruised-left-knee.html/

The Cowboys running back situation took another blow in Sunday’s win over Carolina, when Felix Jones suffered a bruised left knee in the third quarter.

On the first play of the Cowboys’ third offensive series of the second half, Jones rushed for a three-yard gain. After the play, he rolled over on his back and grabbed his left knee in pain. He was replaced by Phillip Tanner.

“He was battling through a couple things in the ballgame,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said of Jones on Monday. “It was great to see Tanner go in there and handle that situation at the end of the game. Hopefully Felix will be better this week and be ready to go against the Giants.”

wait, what order would that be? they lost me on the timeline once the PSP versions started coming out

the main 3 are awesome though

I am 90% sure it goes Chains of Olympus, 1, Ghost of Sparta, 2, then 3...

At least that is the order ima play em in. All in glorious HD!

harSon

Banned
rg3 going to make our D look bad

No he won't. We don't lose to rookie QBs for a reason, and that's the fact that we don't run straight forward defensive schemes when we play them.

His legs may hurt us, but I guarantee when it comes to the passing game, it's going to become very apparent that he's a rookie.

eznark

Banned
The first PSP GoW game is the best in the series. That game is great.

The rest overstay their welcome. I haven't played 3.

GoW is Bob's second favorite series next to Dynasty Warriors though, so I know it sucks.

effzee

Good to see another Eagles fan. I think losing Banner is a huge loss. Ried will be gone after the season. You are totally right about the fans making the moves now. This is the last year for the Eagles. After this they bring in a new coach, and new coaches always want to clean house and bring in their guys. Ried is a great coach but he couldnt get them over the final hump for a variety of reasons. Lurie is going to keep anyone, the whole staff will be out and he and Roseman will pick a new coach who will hire an all new staff. If you have any hope at all for Foles you are nuts though. He was horrible in college and only looked good in the pre-season cause he was going up against guys that are not even in the league anymore for the most part. His celling isnt even Flacco, and Flacco is garbage. The worst part of all this is that the Eagles play in such a shitty division but they are just as bad as the rest of the East.

How are the fans making the moves now? Yes they were never on board with the Juan hiring and called for him to be replaced in the off season but how did the fans actually dictate that move? If anything right now the fans would either want Vick benched of Marty fired.

What Andy did was only on him.

Seda

I don't know man, in the past 16 regular season games in which Cutler has started, the Bears are 12-4. They would have made the playoffs last season if not for his injury. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here rooting for a team that's gone 9-29 in the past two-plus seasons and yet I'm still more optimistic than you are. I'm not sure if that says more about you or me though.

Everything I say is honest. I'm not being fake and it's not an act. I fully understand that I can be extremely negative at times, and I'm not being so because I want to come across that way or anything, it just happens. That's just who I am I suppose when it comes to this sport.

Like I said though, I think it's only when it comes to sports. I'm otherwise level headed, honestly!

lol

Top Bottom