• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Slo

No he won't. We don't lose to rookie QBs for a reason, and that's the fact that we don't run straight forward defensive schemes when we play them.

His legs may hurt us, but I guarantee when it comes to the passing game, it's going to become very apparent that he's a rookie.

With the Redskin's awful pass defense, the Steelers would probably love to turn it into a shootout.

The first PSP GoW game is the best in the series. That game is great.

The rest overstay their welcome. I haven't played 3.

GoW is Bob's second favorite series next to Dynasty Warriors though, so I know it sucks.

Haha poor booby...

I can't get enough of God of War. They can keep making them for 10 more years and I will keep buying them :/

You need to play 3!

How are the fans making the moves now? Yes they were never on board with the Juan hiring and called for him to be replaced in the off season but how did the fans actually dictate that move? If anything right now the fans would either want Vick benched of Marty fired.

What Andy did was only on him.

All the talk from the fans to bench Vick is definitely having an effect. Reid gets nothing but questions about that now at his press conferences and it is all they are talking about on the radio. Vick had over 370 total yards against the Lions and should have had 2 more TD's and yet it really feels like Foles will be the starter soon. It is totally insane.

The first PSP GoW game is the best in the series. That game is great.

The rest overstay their welcome. I haven't played 3.

GoW is Bob's second favorite series next to Dynasty Warriors though, so I know it sucks.

Three was alright I guess.

I hardly remember the experience.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No he won't. We don't lose to rookie QBs for a reason, and that's the fact that we don't run straight forward defensive schemes when we play them.

His legs may hurt us, but I guarantee when it comes to the passing game, it's going to become very apparent that he's a rookie.

Oh I hope so because I'm getting tired of hearing ESPN anticipate his HoF speech and congratulating him on his 6 MVPs and 4 Super Bowl wins.

jbug617

Banned
So the Falcons are the 4th or 5th best team in the NFC

1. Bears
2. 49ers
3. Packers
4. Falcons/Giants
5. Falcons/Giants.

I'd love to see the Steelers turn him into Peter Griffin, but I have my doubts. If the Harrison of 4 years ago was out there, RG would be shitting bricks. As it is, their best hope is that Timmons is up to the task of keying on him, he's probably the only guy with the speed to keep close. Might be another good game to sub out Foote as he won't stand a chance.

I love when the Marvel movies are discussed here.

Its either love or hate. No middle ground.

"Hey guys Thor 2 story synopsis!"

"Thor gave me cancer!"

"Thor was a beautiful retelling!"

"IT WAS LITERALLY THE WORST MOVIE IVE EVER SEEN!"

"Hey guys new Ironman trailer!"

"OH WOW AWESOME!"

"God looks fucking horrible stupid as shit"

Seda

"Thor gave me cancer!"

"OH WOW AWESOME!"

Welcome to the internet.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

"Thor gave me cancer!"

"OH WOW AWESOME!"

ThisIsNeoGAF.gif

h96iF.jpg
Back to Wino-NFL-GAF, on my trip to Niagara Falls I went to Peller Estates and fell in love with Ice Wine. Expensive but amazing (normally about $90 a bottle). The Late Harvest wine in the middle is a little bit more reasonable and still great.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
1. Giants
2. niners
3. Packers
4. Bears
5. Falcons

For this week of course.

I had the exact same list in my mind although I think you can switch the Bears and Falcons at will. The Falcons did beat Denver but Denver this week is definitely not the Denver of week 2.

eznark

Banned
I had the exact same list in my mind although I think you can switch the Bears and Falcons at will. The Falcons did beat Denver but Denver this week is definitely not the Denver of week 2.

I'd move the Giants to three but yeah, looks right. I think the top 4 are pretty interchangeable. I'd have the Falcons way, way behind those four.

Bears number one until proven otherwise.

Giants 2. Eli has been bailing that team out of a lot of early logjams and I doubt he'll be able to hold that up over a full season and into the playoffs.

Niners I would drop off that list. Sorry, but Alex Smith completely invalidates them.

"OH WOW AWESOME!"

I had to leave that thread immediately because it became an argument about the visual effects as if 7 months of post production don't exist.

I don't know why this made me laugh. :lol

Mrbob

Dynasty Warriors series is great, don't hate! I'm playing Viking: Battle for Asgard on Steam right now. It's sweet! Hack and slash!

lions played horrible on offense, actually better than last year on road.

It was a division game on the road. Bears were suppose to win at home. Lets see what happens in Detroit .

Bears have won 8 of the last 9 against Detroit. Beating the Lions is just like beating Jacksonville for this team! The two teams don't meet up again till the final week of the season, and Detroit's only chance is if Chicago is resting their starters because they have home field advantage locked up.

eznark

Banned

Giants 2. Eli has been bailing that team out of a lot of early logjams and I doubt he'll be able to hold that up over a full season and into the playoffs.

Niners I would drop off that list. Sorry, but Alex Smith completely invalidates them.

Wouldn't it be the Falcons then?

Back to Wino-NFL-GAF, on my trip to Niagara Falls I went to Peller Estates and fell in love with Ice Wine. Expensive but amazing (normally about $90 a bottle). The Late Harvest wine in the middle is a little bit more reasonable and still great.
I'm Buckethead and I approve of this post.

Lol niners off the list because of Alex but bears are still there with cutler? Lulz have you watched cutler play this year? Absolute trash. Not saying Alex is any good but let's call a spade a spade

Ice wine is soooo sweet. Desert wine for sure. I like the red ice wine better. It's more expensive but not quite as sweet.

It's funny, you can get amazing ice wine in Germany for around €10... The same shit that goes for over $100 a bottle here lol

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Finally get to see the iPad mini today. I hope it disappoints so I can just run out and get a nexus7. Oh wait, they're releasing a new version of that? Someone make up my mind already.

eznark said:
Apathy, no hate!
Pretty much. I've sort of become use to them having regular season success. Especially at home where they play well but come the playoffs, they still have a lot to prove which I'm sure Falcons fans understand. It's why no matter how good they look in a regular season it's hard to say it will translate into the post season. It never has.

Fair or not fair, the only way that perception changes is for the Falcons to win in the post season.

Jpout and Alex have each played the packers on the road and lions at home. I'll post the stats and you guess who is who!

40/57, 437 yards, 4 td, 0 int

Vs.

27/58, 276 yards, 2 td, 4 int

And Cutler gets the nod because?
Where are you going with this? Obviously i'm going to say Cutlet has won in the playoffs before.

Going by the "until proven otherwise" + "playoff wins!" logic, the Giants are obviously the best team in the NFC.

Out of curiosity, why where you so high on the Pack last season?

Lol niners off the list because of Alex but bears are still there with cutler? Lulz have you watched cutler play this year? Absolute trash. Not saying Alex is any good but let's call a spade a spade

I wouldn't go hoarse arguing for Cutler as a quarterback but he's much better than Smith. I just don't see Harbaugh's controlled handling of Smith lasting even the rest of this season.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jpout and Alex have each played the packers on the road and lions at home. I'll post the stats and you guess who is who!

40/57, 437 yards, 4 td, 0 int

Vs.

27/58, 276 yards, 2 td, 4 int

Which is why I weep for the day when the Bears figure out that Cutler should best be played as a game manager instead of awkwardly trying to make him an elite quarterback.

Seda

Skip and SAS talking about NFC Super Bowl odds. Talking about the Giants, Bears, Niners, Packers, even mentions of Cowboys, Eagles.

No mentions of the Falcons.

Just thought it was silly.

(They both like the Giants if anyone cares)

tmdorsey

Pretty much. I've sort of become use to them having regular season success. Especially at home where they play well but come the playoffs, they still have a lot to prove which I'm sure Falcons fans understand. It's why no matter how good they look in a regular season it's hard to say it will translate into the post season. It never has.

Fair or not fair, the only way that perception changes is for the Falcons to win in the post season.

Very true. Of course you have to make it to the playoffs first. I just hope we keep winning because I don't want the team having the chance to have to travel somewhere cold.

eznark

Banned
Where are you going with this? Obviously i'm going to say Cutlet has won in the playoffs before.

Out of curiosity, why where you so high on the Pack last season?

A team coming off a super bowl win returning the bulk of its starters, beating the next best team in the league week one and dominating most of the rest of the year. Seems pretty logical.

Cutler is 1-1 in the postseason (beating one of the worst post-season teams in football history), I'd hardly call that having any real post-season success. I personally evaluate teams on a week to week basis and don't worry about things like past post season success or pretend like the opponents they have beaten/lost to don't matter. The Bears lost to the only decent team they have played. I find it difficult to have any faith in them whatsoever. The Packers and 49ers can beat anyone but also lose to anyone on any given week, for opposite reasons (defense and offense respectively). The Giants are the most complete team and they fit your criteria for "until proven otherwise" (defending champs) and a QB with playoff success (Eli-te)!

ari

Banned
Alex have been way more productive then cutler. Cutler had became a game manager under this offense from mike tice... I don't like it.. But he also hasn't taking us out of games at all this year. Even with the 4 ints against the packs.

our defense will keep us in games as much as the niners d can keep them in games. The bears and niners are both scary on defense and somewhat manageable on an offensive perspective.

I don't see how we can't stack up against you guys.

AirBrian

Atlanta is the (pre-2011) Dallas Mavericks of the NFL. Great in the regular season but somehow botches it in the post-season.

The good new for ATL fans is eventually the Mavs won a championship.

Ice wine is soooo sweet. Desert wine for sure. I like the red ice wine better. It's more expensive but not quite as sweet.

It's funny, you can get amazing ice wine in Germany for around €10... The same shit that goes for over $100 a bottle here lol

Buy some for me if you go back!

tmdorsey

Skip and SAS talking about NFC Super Bowl odds. Talking about the Giants, Bears, Niners, Packers, even mentions of Cowboys, Eagles.

No mentions of the Falcons.

Just thought it was silly.

(They both like the Giants if anyone cares)

Good! I prefer as eznark says "apathy" as opposed to the alternative.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Brandon Weeden has thrown as many passes as Drew Brees? What the fuck, Cleveland?

Pat Shurmur is an idiot is the answer to that.

Never-ending slants is our go to play.

Now for Eagles fans, from everything you guys have been saying what's the real deal with Banner? From what I'm understanding from you guys is he's great for establishing a proper Front Office and setting up the salary but he shouldn't stay around too long?

Damn I hate Gaming Side.

Thread asking about GOTY choices. I say The Walking Dead and NBA 2K13 and I instantly get berated by a guy with a anime sex game avatar about playing a sports game.

Top Bottom