• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

FightClubPunch.gif

After sleeping on yesterday's win..

There's always been one thing I have never liked about Ben Rothlisberger and it has happened every game this season.

Ben always takes his foot off the gas when the Steelers get a lead. Watch for it - Steelers get ahead, the drive immediately after will always stall, and is often a three and out with Ben trying to force something big downfield.

He has done this for years. It's his greatest flaw, and before this season it worked for him because he was sitting on the Steelers defense.

This game would have been another collapse if it was any team but the Bengals. Ben did the same thing here - offense stalled when they got a lead. Only difference is the Bungholes could do nothing with it.

This is where Haley's offense will be beneficial. Ben needs to learn to sustain drives after the lead is gotten. The most important touchdown is the one after you get the lead, and that's the one that Tom Brady and (at one time) Peyton Manning make sure they get.

Jim Wexell wrote an article about this very thing i'm talking about with some interesting stats. For once you don't need to be a member of his site to read it.

http://pit.scout.com/2/1233998.html

brentech

Ugh. 2 weeks in a row I'm blocked from GB game because of Cleveland. Seems whenever it's not on a network here, the Red zone almost never shows the game either.

squicken

Good Lord was Lattimore's injury gruesome. I feel awful for him. So many millions that cost him

On to happier things, hopefully, let's all pray that Landry Jones remembers what team he is on and evil is vanquished

DeaconKnowledge said:
Care to go into detail?
Sure. I only got to play Rayman but I messed around with the controller plenty and got a good look at the system itself and the demo videos. Rayman is just stunning. I thought Legends was nice but the tweaks to the art and added power certainly shows up nicely on the screen.

The controller feels really good and the screen is much nicer than I anticipated. Looks like the resolution is a bit higher than the original iPad which looks great on the smaller screen. NSMBU has a demo video that shows the game off we'll. It's bright, colorful and it's a treat to finally see Nintendo's quality art teams paired with HD visuals.

Definitely has me excited for the system release. I have NSMBU and ZombiU already payed for (along with the system) but I might have to add Rayman to my launch buy list.

The WiiU itself is much longer than I expected. Quite a bit larger than the Wii.

eznark said:
So back to console wars. Rad.
Console wars are dumb. Own them all (along with a beefy PC). Problem solved.

It plays Mario

Sure does. Can't wait.

Sure. I only got to play Rayman but I messed around with the controller plenty and got a good look at the system itself and the demo videos. Rayman is just stunning. I thought Legends was nice but the tweaks to the art and added power certainly shows up nicely on the screen.

The controller feels really good and the screen is much nicer than I anticipated. Looks like the resolution is a bit higher than the original iPad which looks great on the smaller screen. NSMBU has a demo video that shows the game off we'll. It's bright, colorful and it's a treat to finally see Nintendo's quality art teams paired with HD visuals.

Definitely has me excited for the system release. I have NSMBU and ZombiU already payed for (along with the system) but I might have to add Rayman to my launch buy list.

The WiiU itself is much longer than I expected. Quite a bit larger than the Wii.

I think i'm just gonna get Zombie U for launch. I'm really excited for that game. Looks great.

Console wars are dumb. Own them all (along with a beefy PC). Problem solved.

I think I'm gonna stay with 1 + PC this gen. Hopefully Wii U gets sports games with the same features this time instead of dumbed down cartoons.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I like Nintendo games so buying a Wii U at some point is a no brainer. The only console I get along without is the 360 it seems. Halo 4 looks sweet but no way I'm buying a 360 again with the next one coming out next year maybe?

Wrayfield

So, since I won't make it to NYC in time, I will see the Falcons play the Eagles. How do I tailgate in Amörika anyway? My old-ass rental Nissan doesn't have a grill I can fry cheesesteaks on... Can you drink in the parking lot or will you get tased?

On a side note, went to DC (first time for me), wonderful city for a tourist like me. And a beautiful day as well.

Also, cheapest retail stores for games? I am buying a couple PS3 titles not available in Europe before I head back in a week.

Drakeon

So, since I won't make it to NYC in time, I will see the Falcons play the Eagles. How do I tailgate in Amörika anyway? My old-ass rental Nissan doesn't have a grill I can fry cheesesteaks on... Can you drink in the parking lot or will you get tased?

On a side note, went to DC (first time for me), wonderful city for a tourist like me. And a beautiful day as well.

Also, cheapest retail stores for games? I am buying a couple PS3 titles not available in Europe before I head back in a week.

Uh, usually Amazon is the cheapest, but they aren't retail so... I don't know. I don't really think any retail store is typically cheaper than others. Walmart/Target/Best Buy/Gamestop all seem to be around the same price when I look, unless they're having specific sales.

squicken

The best game deals are online. And big retail stores aren't likely to carry something that is older or obscure. You may be forced to head to Gamestop to try and find what you need.

Can't help you on tailgates. Never been to one before

MechDX

Best Buy can be great if you hit a sale. Got 3 games a month ago for $15 total. One was a CE.

Target can have some good deals. Also BestBUy is having a B2G1F this week, Target having one next week and Toys R Us having a Buy 1 get one at 40% off sale now.

Wrayfield

Thanks, guys. I will figure something out, prolly a sale or something.

Awefully many people are dressed as euro football players today, is that THE costume this year? Weird.........

Slo

Thanks, guys. I will figure something out, prolly a sale or something.

Awefully many people are dressed as euro football players today, is that THE costume this year? Weird.........

You're a Frenchie here on vacation? If I were you I'd got to WalMart and photograph the wild life. You know your friends back home are dying for pictures of Ameriwhales.

Slo

Who will get to 6 wins first, the Gophers or the Vikings?!? They could both be bowl eligible any week now! I'm sure Ponder would love to take a crack at Alaba....at Flori......at LSUuuu......at the fourth place SEC team.

he's not in wisconsin

There are Packer owner/operators nation wide!

Wrayfield

You're a Frenchie here on vacation? If I were you I'd got to WalMart and photograph the wild life. You know your friends back home are dying for pictures of Ameriwhales.

Bite my baguette, I ain't French. Also, seen plenty of rather large people around here. I feel like a regular out of shape guy. Pretty depressing, actually. Gonna hit the weights after I'm back, damn...

Top Bottom