• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

RBH

jones-jerry-lurie.jpg

One of the reasons Jerry Jones has job security as the Cowboys general manager is that he believes he is free to take risks, also being the owner.

“That is one of the luxuries of my position as owner as well as the ultimate decision maker, general manager and president – I can do that and take the losses and come back for more,” he said this week at Valley Ranch, talking about his management style.

“I have won with that style,” he said. “We are not managing a widow-woman’s retirement account here. In other words, to compete, I think we need to be aggressive. You play the game, you manage the game that way. You take some risks. When they don’t pay off, they look bad. That has happened.”

The conversation began when reporters asked Jones why fans are divided about quarterback Tony Romo. Jones said it goes with the position, with the Cowboys, and with their image.

“We have a pattern of that. We have a precedent of that,” he said. “Aikman didn’t have to have it long because he won it pretty quickly, to his credit. He played at a high level quickly. His predecessors had it, certainly with Roger Staubach. You had it with Danny White. And you had it as far back as Don Meredith. It was so intense, that the criticism probably contributed to an early retirement of Don Meredith.”

Asked why Cowboys quarterbacks get such criticism, perhaps more than quarterbacks on other teams, Jones said, “We push a lot on the table with the Cowboys. Picture going to Las Vegas and putting an inordinate amount on the table with every hand. We do that, and I am a part of that. When you do that and you don’t have the right hand, then you subject yourself to a lot more criticism.”
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...m-i-can-come-back-for-more.html#storylink=cpy

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
USC lost again, fuck!! Matt should of came out last year, not sure if he will be as highly rated when they lose a couple more games and he didn't improve this year.

So the Redskins could've taken him?
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/4pp9PtOCA8TtMWvlcvtRXg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/blog/jones-jerry-lurie.jpg[img]

[url]http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/10/jerry-jones-says-being-owner-leaves-him-free-to-risk-losses-as-gm-i-can-come-back-for-more.html#storylink=cpy[/url][/QUOTE]
I will no longer call this man Jerrah. I dub thee, JerrAl.

Aren't they pulling stuff from other sources besides the book?

Yes, they're pulling stuff in from some of the appendices. I'm also nervous. I thought two would be stretching it, but three is really out there. Especially when you consider that Jackson has already confirmed the 1st movie will be around 160 minutes.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy Shit at the replay of Tennessee vs South Carolina

Poor #21 (Lattimore)

His right leg, Jesus!, that thing just collapsed/went rag doll physics on the field... Ouch!

Just getting a chance to read it tonight, but this games journalism thread on gaming side is incredible...
Notre Dame's going undefeated (until the NC game).

Colin Cowherd am cry.
I think they're still good for a hilarious upset.

But oh man, the bitter tears if the SEC champ lost to Notre Dame in the NC game?
Ignoring the realistic outcome where the final score is 62-3.
It'd be so worth it, even with the millions (and millions!) of bandwagon lifelong ND fans that would pop into existence.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just getting a chance to read it tonight, but this games journalism thread on gaming side is incredible...

I think they're still good for a hilarious upset.

But oh man, the bitter tears if the SEC champ lost to Notre Dame in the NC game?
Ignoring the realistic outcome where the final score is 62-3.
It'd be so worth it, even with the millions (and millions!) of bandwagon lifelong ND fans that would pop into existence.

No.

You have no idea the hell that would be unleashed if Notre Dame won a NC.

squicken

Evidently he broke his femur and tore all 4 ligaments in his knee. Just fucking awful.

I knew it was going to be bad. His lower leg seemed to be detached from the top half. So sad

Sad but not as sad is Landry Jones. Stoops has done too much for me to be a fire him kind of fan, but the UT win was just a win over a more in decline power. It's just gonna keep getting worse

No.

You have no idea the hell that would be unleashed if Notre Dame won a NC.
I'm not looking for anything logical. I can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. I just want to watch the college football world burn.

My alma mater is Illinois, and we recently managed to replace Ron Zook with a coach who's legitimately much, much worse.

zychi

Banned
I'm convinced Belichick dresses like a hobo to troll the league for making him do events like that.

its because the nfl tells coaches what to wear.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-billbelichick110107
As the theory goes – and Belichick, as is his style, has said little either definitive or convincing on the subject – he decided that if they were going to make him wear team apparel then he'd sift through the options and put on the absolute ugliest thing he could find. He chose a grey sweatshirt, often with a hood.

I've also heard that he wanted to wear a suit on the field and the NFL forbid it, they've turned down multiple coaches who have asked to wear a suit on the sideline.

eznark

Banned
I've also heard that he wanted to wear a suit on the field and the NFL forbid it, they've turned down multiple coaches who have asked to wear a suit on the sideline.

Pretty sure that is not the case. Belicheat has been wearing a sweatshirt and ladies head warmer since his early days with the Browns.

Other coaches have asked to wear suits, right FMT?!

ari

Banned
Just saw the Lattimore injury *vomits a little in own mouth*

That was horrible.:(
Would have been a complete talent in the NFL. Shame. :(

Fringe season 2-3 is up there with season 5 of 24 and season 1 of lost. Absolutely captivating television.

Top Bottom