• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

Vesmir

Banned
What's this about Eli on the front page at ESPN???

image.php

tmdorsey

Was just talking with my father about how it seems like this season we play better on the road than at home. Makes me feel sort of conflicted about trying to get homefield for the playoffs. I blame this wacky schedule of alternating home-away games.

Oh well. 8-0 feels good and I'm enjoying this while we can. Also, fuck all the whining and complaining about lack of respect. I just want us to keep winning throughout the playoff.

Quick thought on the game tonight, seemed like the O-Line had a rough time tonight. Dallas front 7 were ferocious. Romo is also so slippery it's annoying.

There were a ton of Cowboy fans down at the Dome tonight. Did there chanting come through on TV? It was nice quieting them down and seeing them leave talking about "We have 5 rings, y'all have no hardware" blah, blah.

Only short time to enjoy this one as we have NO up next. No matter how sucky they are they always seem to played their best against us.

So I'm trying to get back into Friday Night Lights after dropping off because some of the plotlines just became a little too ridiculous and....okay what the fuck why does Riggins never have to go to practice?

Troll

Banned
I just can't be happy for Luck. Maybe him being good at football is God making up for the fact that he talks like a deaf person.

RBH

ATLANTA -- Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo left the Georgia Dome early Monday morning walking gingerly to the team bus because of a back strain.

Romo said he suffered the injury on the final play of the Cowboys' 19-13 loss to Atlanta, twisting away from several defenders and offensive linemen before delivering a pass to Felix Jones. While in some pain, Romo did not believe the injury was serious.

Romo completed 25 of 35 passes for 321 yards and a touchdown against the Falcons. It was the second game this season in which he did not have a pass intercepted. He was sacked once for a 9-yard loss.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...ers-back-strain-last-play-dallas-cowboys-loss

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
half a dozen coaches will probably be gone this off season. purge is needed, too many fools with the HC title, it's fucking pathetic that a pro team can run some of these guys out there.

speaking of, whats with Chan Gailey? That had to be one of the worst gameplans I have ever seen. All week I heard how Buffalo likes to spread you out 5 wide and then run the ball, i thought that if they did this, it could actually work against the Texans. They didnt run the ball at all. 12 times combined for Fred Jackson and Spiller. Also the wildcat was a joke, run straight to the nearest tacklers.

So ESPN is really running with this Luck-Tannehill matchup.

Luck versus Tannehill could be the closest thing we have to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning once those veteran stars retire.
I mean, I'm liking what I've seen from Tannehill so far but let's at least see if the guy can be solid for more than half a season, shall we?

Also, is there a defense in the league that's more unbalanced than Miami's right now? The front seven has been great against the run but the secondary is seriously struggling. They are succeeding in making their opponents one dimensional but they have no answer for that dimension.

jmdajr

Lol, Doug Martin literally won me my fantasy Game. I won by one point. While he did everything he could to help me win, Eli manning did the opposite.

Also looking forward to Sunday Night Football next week, when the two best 7-1 Defensive teams than can't beat Green Bay collide.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I;m watching the Redskins replay on mike & Mike

Those uni's look like a dustier version of Boston College

I think NFL is failing on these throwbacks

When the highlights are shown they looked like a fucking college team color scheme wise

Milchjon

I wasn't even aware of Brady's stats this year:

2,408 passing yards, 16 touchdowns, three interceptions and a 65.3 completion percentage.

Better than I thought.

effzee

Just heard on Mike and Mike what Shanny said after yesterdays game.

LOL already calling it quits this season? Evaluating for the years to come? If I am Snyder I call him into my office right now and smack him around a bit.

Draxal

Seems Like Papa/Tucker are joining on the teams have figured out how to stop the Giant's offense (patented by the Redskins). Give wr's different coverage looks on the line to confuse their routes, and not respect the run (seeing Bradshaw run I understand why).

squicken

I wonder how Andy Reid will do in his first year as the Cowboys head coach.

It's so going to be Sean Payton. Sucks to be cajun but that's the way it is. The image of Benson as this sort of fatherly goof who Payton would fuck over is also way off. The dude was notoriously stupid, cheap and meddlesome before he lucked into Payton and Brees.

If you'll remember, Brees tried to screw every other player and wanted to walk from CBA negotiations to get himself exempted from the franchise tag. Payton got language inserted to get him an easy out on his extension, and never wanted to live there in the first place. Brees had to stay b/c of the franchise tag, Payton doesn't. Romo is a good QB that is poorly coached and Payton can win right away there.

jmdajr

Just heard on Mike and Mike what Shanny said after yesterdays game.

LOL already calling it quits this season? Evaluating for the years to come? If I am Snyder I call him into my office right now and smack him around a bit.

The Giants don't look like they have it wrapped up after yesterdays game. Seems premature to throw in the towel.

effzee

The Giants don't look like they have it wrapped up after yesterdays game. Seems premature to throw in the towel.

Especially since you can still fight for the wildcard spot. After the Eagles lose tonight, the whole division besides the Giants will be 3-5. And the Redskins still have 2 games against the Eagles and 2 against the Cowboys left. One game against the Giants left. And they played the Giants extremely well.

Same goes for the Eagles I guess but after tonight's loss I see them making a QB change, which to me is throwing in the towel. Good luck wherever you go Reid.

Also how long do I have to keep this awful avatar? After tonight can I go back to the shame that is the Eagles?

Talon

Payton lives in Dallas anyways. If he gets an offer to take over the Cowboys, I absolutely thinks he jumps ship.

"Loyalty" has no place in professional sports. Especially to Tom Benson.

bionic77

Was Victor Cruz faking a head injury on the bullshit hit to the head penalty or did Clark really knock the air out of him?

It would be funny if some player got taken out of game after faking a concussion by the independent doctors.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Was Victor Cruz faking a head injury on the bullshit hit to the head penalty or did Clark really knock the air out of him?

It would be funny if some player got taken out of game after faking a concussion by the independent doctors.

He was clearly knocked loopy from a blow to the head.

20121104_jla_so3_540.0_standard_730.0.jpg

"They knew they were wrong. The guy had a rib injury. Period," Clark said of the botched second-quarter call, which led to perhaps an equally questionable game-tying touchdown run by Andre Brown.

"They had meetings about me before the game," he added. "So anytime they see number 25 flash, and a hit be made, it's going to be an opportunity for me to get a flag."

Steelers played a great game yesterday. Haven't seen a team get abused with the run like that since Bettis was playing.

Defense was on point too, though I must say I'm not sure how much to attribute to them and instead to Eli having a bad game. He threw for 125 yards yesterday. More importantly, did he even complete a 3rd down pass yesterday? He was 0 for 6 on third down if i'm remembering correctly.

Part of that was Keenan Lewis. This guy is clicking all of a sudden and it couldn't come at a better time. Dude was a hair's length away from getting cut just two years ago. Good on you Booger.

Colon and Pouncey together are God Tier. They are making everyone who runs behind them look like All Pro's. Mike Adams is also surprisingly good against the run. If he could only handle speed rushers he'd be a solid Right Tackle. He was abused by Tuck yesterday.

On that running back note - see ya Mendenhall. Sucks, but you got injured at absolutely the wrong time. Dwyer, Redman, and Rainey will most certainly take your spot now.

No use bitching about the penalties. It happens, and either you overcome it or you don't. Though I will say that I am glad the Steelers were able to overcome it. I thought for sure the Giants were gonna pour it on after the half. They would have if Arians was still the OC - Ben would have given the ball up one to many times and allowed Eli to string something together. I will have nobody disparage Haley. He is a God to me right now.

Next week is the Chiefs - on Monday Night Football. Haley revenge Bowl.

jmdajr

Around the League Jerry Jones locked out of Cowboys' locker room

Jerry Jones was a picture of frustration following Sunday night's loss to the Atlanta Falcons.

It wasn't intentional, but the Dallas Cowboys owner was locked out of his team's locker room following the game. Matt Barre of NBC 5 in Dallas witnessed Jones pounding on the door. "It's the angriest I've seen him all year," Barre wrote.

Barre joined "NFL AM" on Monday morning to confirm the story, noting that Jones eventually made his way into the locker room to field questions from reporters. That makes sense. After all, Jones is master and commander of the Cowboys. All of this is his. He's not a man you leave on the outside looking in.

Jones isn't thrilled with his expensive toy at the moment. The Cowboys have been a maddening team this season, falling to 3-5 and hanging on for dear life in the NFC playoff picture. Not what Jerry had in mind.

Top Bottom