• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

mr2xxx

Banned
Send me the link!!!!!!

Also good game Panthers. There was one major blown call but I't wouldn't of mattered anyways. Our team is a disappointment once again. Rg3 is still great but the rest of the team is garbage around him. He doesn't have a weapon worth a damn, our oline couldn't even stop the Carolina front four. Our defense has been garbage and continues to be garbage, at least make them work for the yards instead of giving up those big plays. I just hope we get some of our cap money and next year we get injuries were we have depth at.

And Fuck CAM and this avatar!!!

Draxal

No bans yet in that thread, even though somebody even posted a dick pic or something apparently?

Man, I was waiting for meltdowns to cheer me up. I don't even care on what side of the argument.

Or was the post deleted?

Nah, it was subtle and just glossed over, Its more amusing that it hasn't been banned more then the actual post. Kinda feel bad for bringing it up, it's really nothing.

3q5Ce.jpg

Milchjon

Nah, it was subtle and just glossed over, Its more amusing that it hasn't been banned more then the actual post. Kinda feel bad for bringing it up, it's really nothing.

No, the dick thing was another post. There are several posts about "account suicide" or something at some point.

Edit: Post 53X

Crisco

Banned
So Alex Smith, Josh Freeman, and Cam Newton are all in the top 5 in YPA. I think we can officially retire that stat has having any actual relevance.

LJ11

Been saying it since he benched McNabb for Grossman:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8596009

Stephen A Smith is at about 10% of my anger level right now.

Cue the Kyle Shanahan quotes on John Beck! Remember Mike making excuses last year when they got pounded a couple of times, blamed injuries. Meanwhile, his opponents had just as many and still managed to come out on top.

RGIII getting blasted on that trick play says it all. Art Briles ran a similar play with RG against TCU. They ran it off a bubble screen look, had the WR throw a pass earlier in the game for a TD. Second time around, instead of the WR throwing to a WR, they had RG run a route right up the middle of the field. Dude got leveled, route took him right to LBs/S, made the catch though.

No one gives a shit if you do that in a college game, whole different ball game when you're running the franchise up the sideline and into danger. It's good to borrow things, but borrow the smart/good plays, stay away from idiocy.

Doug Martin leads the NFL in yards per game with 129.9. AP is closest to him with 123.0. Next closest guy to those 2 is Marshawn Lynch at 110 ypg

bionic77

I don't want to go to the transGAF threads because I will definitely be banned within 10 seconds, but what exactly do pro-trans people want?

I mean I support trans people's rights to get married, dress how they want, be addressed how they want, and get any job or any other right that everyone else is entitled to. But do they also want me to pretend that it is normal? I mean do they want people to pretend that someone doesn't have a penis or vagina just because that doesn't fit in with their self identity? I remember going to a lecture on trans rights in law school and I did not get it then and I don't get it now. Obviously no one should be murdered, injured or discriminated against based upon their sexual preference or the way they dress and present themselves, but I feel there is a few hundred years of evolution backing me up when I say it is a little weird and not exactly for me.

Maybe I am a huge dumb cunt but I don't seriously don't get what they are after sometimes.

cajunator

Banned
Cue the Kyle Shanahan quotes on John Beck! Remember Mike making excuses last year when they got pounded a couple of times, blamed injuries. Meanwhile, his opponents had just as many and still managed to come out on top.

RGIII getting blasted on that trick play says it all. Art Briles ran a similar play with RG against TCU. They ran it off a bubble screen look, had the WR throw a pass earlier in the game for a TD. Second time around, instead of the WR throwing to a WR, they had RG run a route right up the middle of the field. Dude got leveled, route took him right to LBs/S, made the catch though.

No one gives a shit if you do that in a college game, whole different ball game when you're running the franchise up the sideline and into danger. It's good to borrow things, but borrow the smart/good plays, stay away from idiocy.

I want to see the swinging gate again. Im still amazed that SOMEBODY had to call that play and actually thought it was good enough to include in the first place.

Milchjon

I don't want to go to the transGAF threads because I will definitely be banned within 10 seconds, but what exactly do pro-trans people want?

I mean I support trans people's rights to get married, dress how they want, be addressed how they want, and get any job or any other right that everyone else is entitled to. But do they also want me to pretend that it is normal? I mean do they want people to pretend that someone doesn't have a penis or vagina just because that doesn't fit in with their self identity? I remember going to a lecture on trans rights in law school and I did not get it then and I don't get it now. Obviously no one should be murdered, injured or discriminated against based upon their sexual preference or the way they dress and present themselves, but I feel there is a few hundred years of evolution backing me up when I say it is a little weird and not exactly for me.

Maybe I am a huge dumb cunt but I don't seriously don't get what they are after sometimes.

I think it all boils down to "I am a woman, therefore I want to live like a woman".

Gender dysphoria as a whole such a complicated issue, really, with so many layers that I realized I don't really feel qualified to have an opinion on it anymore. It's also one of the topics where GAF has been most enlightening to me.

I think it all boils down to "I am a woman, therefore I want to live like a woman".

Gender dysphoria as a whole such a complicated issue, really, with so many layers that I realized I don't really feel qualified to have an opinion on it anymore. It's also one of the topics where GAF has been most enlightening to me.

tbh before GAf I didnt know anything about trans people

Quikies83

Raiders paid him 10 million for 16 shitty games. He doesn't care, he's already said he's getting paid so he's good.

I don't care that we lost the player - he sucks, fuck him. I'm upset because our idiot GM let Brandon Carr go to Dallas and he has cut the scrub he got to replace him mid-way into the season.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Trading Jay Cutler for Doug Martin is paying off so much right now!

During our fantasy draft my buddy's brother accidentally disconnected on his turn so the computer autodrafted Doug Martin. He didn't know who he was and freaked out that he got some "scrub".

Lucky for me he also forgot to draft a backup QB so I told him I'd give him Jay Cutler for Doug Martin and he actually agreed.

Milchjon

tbh before GAf I didnt know anything about trans people

GAF has taught me so much about LGBT stuff, my real life friends often act like I must be part of some kind of gay swinging circle.

Just because I know about hanky code or twinks and bears doesn't have to mean I'm necessarily gay. :jnc

I'm only gay for Tom!

Talon

Y'all need some Judith Butler in your hearts.

I went to a talk when she came to campus as an undergrad. I'd read her materials before, but she was incredibly difficult to understand. I meant verbally. She speaks as if she writes - like a reverse Hemingway.

bionic77

That is fine. But just because you want to be a woman you can't expect me to ignore the fact that you have a 10" penis or a mustache. The locker room thing is a great example of that. Honestly if it is adults and they are clear that anything goes in the locker room I don't give a fuck (they had co-ed showers at my college so I am used to this), but some of the lengths the pro-trans people go to make it seem like this is perfectly normal I feel kind of hurt the cause.

There is a limit to how far we can go as a society to accommodate everyone. I feel like this is stuff that people should be permitted to do in the confines of their social lives and their own homes but no one's sexuality should be imposed on anyone else.

LiveWire

Yep. And I think I can understand why Shanahan made the statement...he might think he's tried everything and still can't get through to the players. But there's 2 problems with that assumption:

1. He's trying to "light a fire" but the problem is it won't work with these guys. There's still Cerrato trash in there, there are still locker room cancers that need to be excised. You could bring Lombardi in and he couldn't get these guys to perform.

2. For the rest of them, lighting a fire won't work because, if RG3 is giving up his body like that, you'd think his teammates would be like, "wow, if he's willing to do that, I'll run through a brick wall for him." And they probably would love to (the new rookies/vets that have been brought in post-Cerrato era). But they have horrible playing techniques, bad physical habits. That is coachable, and correctable, regardless of how many starters go down due to injury. Above all else, you have to have a sense of confidence in an organization, from owner to janitor. Every has to buy in that there is a clear plan, and that there will be disappointments and obstacles along the way, but that there is a plan and everyone will give 100% and believe.

But no one in that organization really believes except RG3. I'm sure Patrick Ramsey and Jason Campbell once believed too. Will RG3 last more than either of them?

Slo

So guys, who's spending their week watching the All-22 film you motherfuckers were all so excited about?

Yep. And I think I can understand why Shanahan made the statement...he might think he's tried everything and still can't get through to the players. But there's 2 problems with that assumption:

1. He's trying to "light a fire" but the problem is it won't work with these guys. There's still Cerrato trash in there, there are still locker room cancers that need to be excised. You could bring Lombardi in and he couldn't get these guys to perform.

2. For the rest of them, lighting a fire won't work because, if RG3 is giving up his body like that, you'd think his teammates would be like, "wow, if he's willing to do that, I'll run through a brick wall for him." And they probably would love to (the new rookies/vets that have been brought in post-Cerrato era). But they have horrible playing techniques, bad physical habits. That is coachable, and correctable, regardless of how many starters go down due to injury. Above all else, you have to have a sense of confidence in an organization, from owner to janitor. Every has to buy in that there is a clear plan, and that there will be disappointments and obstacles along the way, but that there is a plan and everyone will give 100% and believe.

But no one in that organization really believes except RG3. I'm sure Patrick Ramsey and Jason Campbell once believed too. Will RG3 last more than either of them?

Shanahan ain't trying to light a fire under shit. He's throwing the blame at the players to save his job. Same thing he did last year to Beck/Grossman, and McNabb and Haynesworth before.

eznark

Banned
So guys, who's spending their week watching the All-22 film you motherfuckers were all so excited about?

Other people, and then they are writing up awesome analysis complete with .gifs. It's been the most important tool for internet analysis of all time. ALL TIME.

Serious, you think it was overblown or what? Because shit is fucking awesome.

Milchjon

That is fine. But just because you want to be a woman you can't expect me to ignore the fact that you have a 10" penis or a mustache. The locker room thing is a great example of that. Honestly if it is adults and they are clear that anything goes in the locker room I don't give a fuck (they had co-ed showers at my college so I am used to this), but some of the lengths the pro-trans people go to make it seem like this is perfectly normal I feel kind of hurt the cause.

There is a limit to how far we can go as a society to accommodate everyone. I feel like this is stuff that people should be permitted to do in the confines of their social lives and their own homes but no one's sexuality should be imposed on anyone else.

Is that why Americans happily pay several hundred thousand dollars for college?

Your last sentence is kinda weird, should straight couples not be allowed to kiss in public?

As for the rest, like I said, I don't really have an opinion anymore, because most of it is hypothetical anyway. The cases people talk about are such a small number.

cajunator

Banned
I notice that all the playoff teams lately have either had great defense and shit offense or shitty defense and great offense, or good offense and opportunistic defense. No team has really been completely dominant on both sides of the ball. Im sure free agency and the cap has a lot to do with it.

squicken

Other people, and then they are writing up awesome analysis complete with .gifs. It's been the most important tool for internet analysis of all time. ALL TIME.

Serious, you think it was overblown or what? Because shit is fucking awesome.

In slo's defense you don't really need the All 22 to see the safeties when playing the Vikes offense

cajunator

Banned
Is that why Americans happily pay several hundred thousand dollars for college?

Your last sentence is kinda weird, should straight couples not be allowed to kiss in public?

As for the rest, like I said, I don't really have an opinion anymore, because most of it is hypothetical anyway. The cases people talk about are such a small number.

Honestly they shouldnt either.

I think the Packers are a little bit better than the 9ers despite their earlier matchup.

I don't watch all the games

That's not saying much. Niners are all defense, no offense. Packers are mediocre to poor defense, above average offense (though with injuries less so than they could be.)

Top Bottom