• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

DMczaf

I´ll never understand how he put Blount in yesterday. Fuck the fumble, but the hamster had a real shot for the rushing record yesterday. :(

Apparently they wanted to limit his touches and thought that was the best time to take him out for a series... :|

Yeah, he probably would have had the record if they kept him in. The Raiders front 7 was completely dead and they kept their safeties deep to cover Jackson and Williams.

LJ11

speaking of, whats with Chan Gailey? That had to be one of the worst gameplans I have ever seen. All week I heard how Buffalo likes to spread you out 5 wide and then run the ball, i thought that if they did this, it could actually work against the Texans. They didnt run the ball at all. 12 times combined for Fred Jackson and Spiller. Also the wildcat was a joke, run straight to the nearest tacklers.

Football is a pretty simple sport, at all levels it's very much the same, it just gets more detailed the higher up you go. At its core it's simply a numbers game. You can spread a team out to run, but that only works when they take players out of the box, Texans didn't so the Bills decided to pass since they had better matchups, in Chan's mind anyway. Wade knows his sub package will have a tough time stopping the run in spread sets sinch Cushing is gone for the year, so he stayed in base and dared them to pass.

Spiller is easily the most wasted talent in this league, he'll never be the player he can be, coach holding him back. Good dude too, doesn't complain one bit and has more talent than anyone on his team.

Football is a pretty simple sport, at all levels it's very much the same, it just gets more detailed the higher up you go. At its core it's simply a numbers game. You can spread a team out to run, but that only works when they take players out of the box, Texans didn't so the Bills decided to pass since they had better matchups, in Chan's mind anyway. Wade knows his sub package will have a tough time stopping the run in spread sets sinch Cushing is gone for the year, so he stayed in base and dared them to pass.

Spiller is easily the most wasted talent in this league, he'll never be the player he can be, coach holding him back. Good dude too, doesn't complain one bit and has more talent than anyone on his team.

What the hell is going on with the Bills defense? On paper they should be at least competent.

Smokey

Spiller is nice shame he's rotting in buffalo. Dude has some burners. Ya'll kept insisting on passing when the texans weak spot on d is up the middle. Shouldve ran spiller all day.

bionic77

Bigot!

No seriously though, I would never want to subject my child to that sort of thing.
No parent would. But half of GAF is teenagers who hate children anyways.

I just found it hilarious that some people were blaming the parents of posters who said they wouldn't want their 6 year old daughter exposed to some random she-dudes wang in the locker room. I bailed shortly after that instead of posting and getting permabanned. It was not worth it.

And I have always hated locker rooms anyways. They are breeding grounds for pedos, pervos, MRSA and athletes foot. Nothing good every came out of a locker room shower. Better to go in the car like a smelly beast and then shower at home.

MechDX

Sports radio down here said this morning that Fitz and Gailey both stated that Wade didnt react to what they were doing, just stayed in a base defense. Must have stumped them.

Wade you brilliant son of a bitch!

LJ11

What the hell is going on with the Bills defense? On paper they should be at least competent.

They suck. Some of it is coaching, way too simple. Some of it is personnel, LBs can't cover a thing and are slow to read run/pass. You can't play man coverage if you're LBs take years to read their keys. Some of it is on players not doing what they're paid to do. No real leaders on D.

Organization is a joke. Players go there, realize what they're in for after year one and honestly give up. They coast, jobs aren't at risk since they have shit depth. Pass Go, collect 200, just do the bare minimum.

MechDX

They suck. Some of it is coaching, way too simple. Some of it is personnel, LBs can't cover a thing and are slow to read run/pass. You can't play man coverage if you're LBs take years to read their keys. Some of it is on players not doing what they're paid to do. No real leaders on D.

Organization is a joke. Players go there, realize what they're in for after year one and honestly give up. They coast, jobs aren't at risk since they have shit depth. Pass Go, collect 200, just do the bare minimum.

This is probably the most depressing post I have ever read at NFL Age.

LJ11

Spiller is nice shame he's rotting in buffalo. Dude has some burners. Ya'll kept insisting on passing when the texans weak spot on d is up the middle. Shouldve ran spiller all day.

Don't think the OL played well yesterday, but yeah Texans are weak inside. Wade knows this so he kept numbers inside. Chan's a robot, if he sees more than 7 he's going to pass. All that mofo does is count, which isn't a bad thing but we can't win slinging it 35+ times a game.

Worst short yardage team in the game, can't run the ball on 3rd and less than 2. Soft as fuck. Teams don't sit in nickel/dime is short yardage, the smart ones anyway.

Edit: Only thing I like about Chan at this point is his screen game. Probably won't be fired either.

The Bills season turned in the game against the Pats where they fumbled at the goal line right before halftime.They were owning the Pats and after that its like they just gave up.

squicken

Didn't watch the game except for RZC but saw Brady James too much. I thought they were trying Reed at MLB in dime and nickle?

MechDX

Didn't watch the game except for RZC but saw Brady James too much. I thought they were trying Reed at MLB in dime and nickle?

Ive seen Reed move into the ILB spot when they do a defensive audible. Never seen him locked in that spot from the get go though.

MechDX

550289_10151097843531314_2060983750_n.jpg

NINJA STRIKE!

verbum

Boy, the Steelers looked good yesterday. Do the Steelers have a game plan and stick to it or do they kinda let Ben wing it?

My Falcons got a good win despite sub par play in the first half. And when Romo and company marched downfield so quickly toward the end of the game, I had to drink another beer.
The Cowboys looked desperate and very frustrated yesterday. Romo made no big mistakes. Was it the game plan that called for all those running plays late in the game?

Wes

venison crêpe
The worst part is even f you make a rather unassuming post, if it is even slightly biased you will get quoted by 30 people and it will immediately become the hot button issue where YOU are the problem. I hate the hive mind mentality that such threads produce. Itsl ike there is suddenly a beacon shining at your post pointing it out as harmful to the discussion and worthy of moderation.

Absolutely agree.

harSon

Banned
Boy, the Steelers looked good yesterday. Do the Steelers have a game plan and stick to it or do they kinda let Ben wing it?

My Falcons got a good win despite sub par play in the first half. And when Romo and company marched downfield so quickly toward the end of the game, I had to drink another beer.
The Cowboys looked desperate and very frustrated yesterday. Romo made no big mistakes. Was it the game plan that called for all those running plays late in the game?

We're definitely sticking to the script a lot more this season, although Ben still has moments where he's forced to improvise.

Gameplan. Ben does control the no huddle though and if he sees something he doesn't like with the called play he can check out of it.

cajunator

Banned

Cam is trying to learn to be a good QB through osmosis.

Also, I notice people kind of throwing Shanahan under the bus, but isnt it common for a first year QB and the team around him to struggle during rebuilding?
Shanahan didnt have a lot to work with on offense before and RGIII has to develop more. He's barely played any. Arent rookie QBs supposed to be given a break when they first start out, or is it immediate expectations at this point?

Im tired of these late games.

Start sucking and they'll put you back in the early slots with the rest of the losers (including us)

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...(Charlotte+Queen+City+Agenda)&utm_term=#cltcc

Panthers in play for LA? Had no idea Richardson owned that stadium and had no real lease

Hmmm.

I had known that Richardson owned the stadium without a lease, but that's interesting.

"Dawg, they gon' throw your black ass under the bus next season too"

They'll probably start this week. Now that Luck is back on track to be the true Second Coming of Peyton (fuck that eli kid), they'll start shitting on Bob Griff instead.

Such is the way the media works.

cajunator said:
Cam is trying to learn to be a good QB through osmosis.

Also, I notice people kind of throwing Shanahan under the bus, but isnt it common for a first year QB and the team around him to struggle during rebuilding?
Shanahan didnt have a lot to work with on offense before and RGIII has to develop more. He's barely played any. Arent rookie QBs supposed to be given a break when they first start out, or is it immediate expectations at this point?

Rookie QB's used to be given a lot longer leash to work with back in the day. The old notion was that quarterbacks weren't supposed to start as roookies, they needed to sit and watch behind a veteran and any playing time they got would just be in losing situations to just get their feet wet and get used to NFL game speed.

Matt Ryan, Joey Elites, Cam, and Andy Dalton have wrecked that notion. Three of those guys went to the playoffs in their rookie year, Flacco won a playoff game, and Cam had his team competitive in every game they played. That's the new standard that people have set for these top top guys coming out of the draft. Play and win right away.

cajunator

Banned
Start sucking and they'll put you back in the early slots with the rest of the losers (including us)

Hmmm.

I had known that Richardson owned the stadium without a lease, but that's interesting.

They'll probably start this week. Now that Luck is back on track to be the true Second Coming of Peyton (fuck that eli kid), they'll start shitting on Bob Griff instead.

Such is the way the media works.

Why would that stadium need upgrades?
Did a 3d tour of it on the Panthers site (like I have done out of curiosity for every stadium using that seats3d tech) and it looks like an incredibly well equipped and fully featured stadium. the clubs are enormous and well appointed, the suites look fantastic. what need is there to upgrade?

Sanjuro

I think Scam is going to reach Sammy Sosa levels of whiteness before his career is over. RG3 should stay the hell away from that train-wreck.

Top Bottom