• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

Dragon

Banned
I need a game to play. Should I continue with The Witcher 2? For some odd reason I'm having trouble going back to it. It could be that every NPC has the same voice...but nah that's not it.

I'm a fucking hoarder, need to actually beat some games (besides Sleeping Dogs which is fuck-awesome).

Oh and go Chargers. Virgin Rivers will rise again!

squicken

Such a bad game. I thought Eric berry was supposed to be a stud out of college, and his injury was the cause of the Chiefs woes in 2011? Guy doesn't look that good, though he did catch the pass Rivers threw to him

If you think this board is even close to one of those, you haven't been to enough web forums! Disaster is the board dies, not has thousands of active members. As frustrating as many content-type decisions have been, the management has largely done well up to this point. No subjectivity necessary, we're all here.
Right I was just phrasing it like that. The staff has done pretty well.

But deleting posts when he was mod (not to mention being a giant dick) is pretty much a disaster any way you slice it.
The only way it'd have been worse is if he had ran this little scam then.

Right I was just phrasing it like that. The staff has done pretty well.

But deleting posts when he was mod (not to mention being a giant dick) is pretty much a disaster any way you slice it.
The only way it'd have been worse is if he had ran this little scam then.
My bad. Interpreted it as a broader commentary.

you SHOULD have been able to annihilate our offense based on what? take away alex smiths passing and we still ran all over you. even on your best day that would happen. we might have the best run blocking line in the league. even in our 2 poor games (vikings and giants), we averaged a good YPC but we just didn't run because we got down.

and as i've been saying since last year, patrick peterson is an average corner on his best day. monday wasn't his best because he looked like complete dog shit. and he has to have your kicker tell him where to lineup on punt returns? is he fucking retarded?

Based on our D being fantastic and your offense is still garbo in my opinion. At least the one thing Moss and Manningham do is free up Crabby and Davis more. Crabcakes is taking advantage of his new opportunities which I can respect. I guess I shouldn't say your O is garbage, it is efficient and does what it's supposed to. Small hands is a perfect fit for a team that relies on defense and the running game, that doesn't mean he's a good QB and I still don't think you have any receivers to write home about. Well, Vernon Davis is an exception. Our D had a bad game, nothing more, just like yours looked like complete trash against the Giants. A good defense can shut the Niners down, unfortunately ours played like shit Monday. I already said our D played like shit, not sure why you bring up your rushing yards without Smith's throws. It was the same game, we did not play well that game.

Peterson has looked great many games, this is only the second I felt he looked bad in (the other being STL). He's in his second year and improving over all and with his work ethic and desire to be the best plus Fitz to lineup against in practice, there's no doubt in my mind he'll be elite. It's just a matter of when. Enjoy making fun of him while you can. Also, he doesn't 'have' to have Feely show him where to be, Feely has a nice feel for other kicker's capabilities and where it will end up so it's just an added asset.

FMT's rant about small hand's QB rating in 3..2...1..

Based on our D being fantastic and your offense is still garbo in my opinion. At least the one thing Moss and Manningham do is free up Crabby and Davis more. Crabcakes is taking advantage of his new opportunities which I can respect. I guess I shouldn't say your O is garbage, it is efficient and does what it's supposed to. Small hands is a perfect fit for a team that relies on defense and the running game, that doesn't mean he's a good QB and I still don't think you have any receivers to write home about. Well, Vernon Davis is an exception. Our D had a bad game, nothing more, just like yours looked like complete trash against the Giants. A good defense can shut the Niners down, unfortunately ours played like shit Monday. I already said our D played like shit, not sure why you bring up your rushing yards without Smith's throws. It was the same game, we did not play well that game.

Peterson has looked great many games, this is only the second I felt he looked bad in (the other being STL). He's in his second year and improving over all and with his work ethic and desire to be the best plus Fitz to lineup against in practice, there's no doubt in my mind he'll be elite. It's just a matter of when. Enjoy making fun of him while you can. Also, he doesn't 'have' to have Feely show him where to be, Feely has a nice feel for other kicker's capabilities and where it will end up so it's just an added asset.

Gotta say, I'm scared about the Cards game this weekend. It's Thursday now, which means there's still a couple nights for the majority of our roster to be deported to Mexico on the basis of them not being white, not to mention the fact that Clay and Rodgers are both from California which is probably considered "close enough" for the Arizona state police.

Luckily we have a bye week afterwards, so the team will hopefully be able to dig their way back into the country in time for the game against the Lions. On the positive side, they'll be battle tested after helping Rors with his CIA infiltration of the drug cartels, which should help them stay alive on the streets of Detroit long enough to make it into the stadium.

your defense isn't fantastic lol. and our defense played fine against the giants. did you watch the game? the giants had so many opportunities in our redzone because of turnovers and KR's and only came away with FG's most of the time. if you look at the box score and see 100+ yards rushing most of it came on their final drive in the 4th when the game was put away.

i dont think our WR's are great (they don't attack the ball) but against a poor secondary like the cards we had our best day in years. i dont think alex smiths game was anything extraordinary. he was accurate and put the ball in spots that allowed the receivers to get YAC.... which they did. our offensive line dominated the cards "great" D-line (cards shouldn't have had any sacks but alex just held the ball and took sacks).

and i'll keep making fun of patrick peterson until he stops sucking. he is one of the most overrated players in the league (not one of the worst, just one of the most overrated)

Lol Danario Alexander put the hit on the Chiefs secondary even though he caught the ball.

And now a sack. These teams are delivering

Edit: even the fan signs..."I'M NORVOUS." Really?! I feel like the refs should be able to deduct points from these teams

You don't like pages full of dueling essays between two members?

not as good as this essay!

624168199-315x600.gif

Godslay

Banned
Both of these teams are shit. They need new coaches, new QBs, and in both cases new GMs. I would say this even if I wasn't a Broncos fan.

squicken

Both of these teams are shit. They need new coaches, new QBs, and in both cases new GMs. I would say this even if I wasn't a Broncos fan.

as recently as two years ago I thought Rivers was borderline elite. such a far fall. just so dependent on having a line keeping him clean

eznark

Banned
At least this game is going fast.

And what the fuck squicken? Two years ago is a lifetime for an athlete. The fact that he is kind of mediocre now doesn't mean he was worse then.

Top Bottom