• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

about 1000x better than pages of vike bike tacos lady brady hello kitty rape or rape rape

Insert something about you switching teams here.

not as good as this essay!

624168199-315x600.gif

Insert something about the size of the hands of your shitty QB here.

squicken

At least this game is going fast.

And what the fuck squicken? Two years ago is a lifetime for an athlete. The fact that he is kind of mediocre now doesn't mean he was worse then.

that's true, and maybe it's just my perception, but i've always felt QBs declined more gradually than other positions. and rivers isn't really that old. but that is an eternity for a football player

eznark

Banned
that's true, and maybe it's just my perception, but i've always felt QBs declined more gradually than other positions. and rivers isn't really that old. but that is an eternity for a football player

I used to think his shoulder was fucked but I went back and watched some of his college film and yeah, he somehow was even more of a dart thrower then. Crazy.

Godslay

Banned
You really think Rivers is done?

As squicken points out he has a terrible line at this point. He hasn't looked great though. He's had a string of ints throughout the games this year. Maybe a new coach would do him some favors. I'm not sure he's entirely done, but seems to be dropping off.

as recently as two years ago I thought Rivers was borderline elite. such a far fall. just so dependent on having a line keeping him clean

Might be my imagination, but it seemed in the Denver game he was feeling pressure that wasn't necessarily there and forced balls. He seems less confident or shaky in the pocket at times.

Drakeon

As squicken points out he has a terrible line at this point. He hasn't looked great though. He's had a string of ints throughout the games this year. Maybe a new coach would do him some favors. I'm not sure he's entirely done, but seems to be dropping off.

Might be my imagination, but it seemed in the Denver game he was feeling pressure that wasn't necessarily there and forced balls. He seems less confident or shaky in the pocket at times.

Let's be fair, he also used to have Vincent Jackson. Now he has... Malcolm Floyd, Eddie Royal and Robert Meachem. Rivers doesn't really have many, if any, weapons. Then again, was it 3 years ago where he made Ajirotutu and Naane look like NFL wide receivers?

A shame that Norv's career extends beyond this game. But the Chiefs are baaad.

Forgot about the Clausen cats. Would the Jags be that bad without Gabbert?

0-16 Lions weren't as bad as their record, honestly. I'd take them over teams like the 2012 Chiefs or the Clausen/Moore Panthers that went 1-15.

It seemed like that 0-16 Lions team had just about the worst run defense of all time though. If the opponent had a competent offensive line against that Lions' team, it seemed like they could run it on every play and score easy touchdowns. Hard to see how they would have won a game against a decent team with a weaknesses as bad as that. Maybe I'm mis-remembering how bad they were at defending the run though.

squicken

Was listening to a podcast today. I had no idea Buffalo was minus three starters on OL, and the Bucs were down both guards. Football death

He got his job because he beat the packers.

Hailey was a good HC.

Towards the end of last season, I was completely done with Haley. In the time since his firing, enough stories and bits of info have come out detailing how much of a lunatic and shithead Pioli is to convince me that it makes Haley the sane party.

Haley had his problems, but I'd take his coaching over Romeo's. This current team is soft as fuck on both sides of the ball and the offense is completely aimless and lacks any heart.

Seda

From Twitter:

"The Chargers' defense has as many TDs in the last three minutes as the Chiefs have in their last four games combined."

ouch

Charles out for game with a neck injury. Not sure if it's from the killer hit or if the Chiefs have finally just decided to put him into cold storage until they can find a winnable football game

Hmm Browns may actually be favoured when they play the Chiefs.

I'd seriously consider taking the Browns even in eliminator in that situation

Godslay

Banned
Let's be fair, he also used to have Vincent Jackson. Now he has... Malcolm Floyd, Eddie Royal and Robert Meachem. Rivers doesn't really have many, if any, weapons. Then again, was it 3 years ago where he made Ajirotutu and Naane look like NFL wide receivers?

Figures I would say something and he starts scoring. You forgot Gates, as well as Matthews. But you do make a good point.

Top Bottom