• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Not gonna lie I was hoping Draughn would have celebrated like an idiot.

Would have given me something to talk about in this game.

your defense isn't fantastic lol. and our defense played fine against the giants. did you watch the game? the giants had so many opportunities in our redzone because of turnovers and KR's and only came away with FG's most of the time. if you look at the box score and see 100+ yards rushing most of it came on their final drive in the 4th when the game was put away.

i dont think our WR's are great (they don't attack the ball) but against a poor secondary like the cards we had our best day in years. i dont think alex smiths game was anything extraordinary. he was accurate and put the ball in spots that allowed the receivers to get YAC.... which they did. our offensive line dominated the cards "great" D-line (cards shouldn't have had any sacks but alex just held the ball and took sacks).

and i'll keep making fun of patrick peterson until he stops sucking. he is one of the most overrated players in the league (not one of the worst, just one of the most overrated)

Yeah ok bro. No, I didn't actually catch your game as it was the same time as ours and I've went in person for every home game except the one against the Niners since it was a Monday night. I just know you let them score far too many points. As usual, you use a single game to make fun of an element of our team. I can't take your comments seriously when you do this. The numbers from previous weeks back up what I say.

Who overrates P2? I even said that is the weak link on our team due to inexperience. Still need a proper #2 as well. Hopefully Toler can pan out if he can stay on the damn field.

Yeah ok bro. No, I didn't actually catch your game as it was the same time as ours and I've went in person for every home game except the one against the Niners since it was a Monday night. I just know you let them score far too many points. As usual, you use a single game to make fun of an element of our team. I can't take your comments seriously when you do this. The numbers from previous weeks back up what I say.

Who overrates P2? I even said that is the weak link on our team due to inexperience. Still need a proper #2 as well. Hopefully Toler can pan out if he can stay on the damn field.

mike mayock called him one of the best players in the NFL when amendola was torching him. i've heard other media types refer to him as a top notch CB. i dont think he is even the best CB drafted in the NFC west last year. chris culliver is better than peterson!

i never said the cards D is shitty. good d-line and some decent LB play. but they are not an elite defense. just as i said when you guys were 4-1 you would win a max of 7 games, so too will my evaluation of your defense be proven correct by seasons end!

Godslay

Banned
Norv is in no danger of losing his job.

Put the entire Chargers fanbase on suicide watch.

Norv being around as the Chargers HC is a good thing.

It's kind of like knocking a bad QB out of the game. You don't know if the guy behind him is better, so it's best just to keep the bad guy in.

Striker

Hahaha oh my god the Chiefs are terrible.

image.php

squicken

The sad thing is, I could easily see the Chiefs reaching on a QB (probably Smith, Barkley, or Jones) and missing horribly.

Taking a bust QB with the number one pick is exactly what this franchise doesn't need.

going by early mocks it seems to be good for OL, and thank God for that

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Unfortunately... Was hoping for a SD implosion, but nobody implodes better than the Chiefs. Worst QB situation in the league. Ahaha they paid so much for Cassel. His defenders are nowhere to be found now!

Too many teams would probably like to have a word with you.

mike mayock called him one of the best players in the NFL when amendola was torching him. i've heard other media types refer to him as a top notch CB. i dont think he is even the best CB drafted in the NFC west last year. chris culliver is better than peterson!

i never said the cards D is shitty. good d-line and some decent LB play. but they are not an elite defense. just as i said when you guys were 4-1 you would win a max of 7 games, so too will my evaluation of your defense be proven correct by seasons end!

So what's elite to you? Top 3? Top 5? I haven't checked after the Niner game, not sure how much damage it did to our numbers but we were certainly elite going into it. decent LB play? HAHAHAHA Washington is playing better than any ILB in the league right now, hell, probably outclassing just about every D player not named JJ Watt right now. The amount of tackles and sacks so far, just ridiculous, playing pro bowl level. Take a look at his numbers for this season and get back to me. Again, talk about P2 while you can, he'll shit all over everything you're saying within a few years. So what's your prediction for our D at season's end? Your 7 win prediction would have been way off the mark if we stayed healthy so consider yourself lucky on that 'prediction'. I'd bet money we'd have beaten both Buffalo and Minny if Kolb was playing (finished in Buffalo's case). Whatever, it's a coulda woulda shoulda situation.

I don't see any scenario where KC doesn't go QB. The question is whether Geno's hype lasts the season, or if Barkley reclaims the top pick status.

So what's elite to you? Top 3? Top 5? I haven't checked after the Niner game, not sure how much damage it did to our numbers but we were certainly elite going into it. decent LB play? HAHAHAHA Washington is playing better than any ILB in the league right now, hell, probably outclassing just about every D player not named JJ Watt right now. The amount of tackles and sacks so far, just ridiculous, playing pro bowl level. Take a look at his numbers for this season and get back to me. Again, talk about P2 while you can, he'll shit all over everything you're saying within a few years. So what's your prediction for our D at season's end? Your 7 win prediction would have been way off the mark if we stayed healthy so consider yourself lucky on that 'prediction'. I'd bet money we'd have beaten both Buffalo and Minny if Kolb was playing (finished in Buffalo's case). Whatever, it's a coulda woulda shoulda situation.

I don't see any scenario where KC doesn't go QB. The question is whether Geno's hype lasts the season, or if Barkley reclaims the top pick status.

lol so let me get this straight. a MLB should be graded on how many sacks he has? washington has been playing great for sure, but i saw him just get mauled in the run game against the niners. took some shitty angles as well. MLB is more than just how many sacks you get. yeah, he has a lot of sacks in that scheme. put patrick willis or bowman in a scheme where they're constantly blitzing and i guarantee they'd be doing the same.

and we can all play the what-if game. if we stop minnesota on their opening drive 4th down we win that game! if we outscore the giants we win that game! if kyle williams was never born we are superbowl champs!

my 7 win prediction is what it is. i was generous to the cards, you don't have to thank me!

I have a bet against one friend that the Texans will win the superbowl against his pick that the Packers will win. If neither win, nobody is accountable. If someone wins, they get a case of beer from the other. (I won last year picking the Giants)

I have another bet that the Broncos will go further in the playoffs than the patriots for a bottle of whiskey of my choice against another friend.

I will have a lot of booze later this year. Shame I cant make these solid ass predictions with the Vikings.

Vesmir

Banned
I have a bet against one friend that the Texans will win the superbowl against his pick that the Packers will win. If neither win, nobody is accountable. If someone wins, they get a case of beer from the other. (I won last year picking the Giants)

Probably a draw. Texans cycle vs.
yiOXx.gif

I have another bet that the Broncos will go further in the playoffs than the patriots for a bottle of whiskey of my choice against another friend.

Grats on your whiskey

I will have a lot of booze later this year. Shame I cant make these solid ass predictions with the Vikings.

Yeah, the impending loss to the Seahawks would make you feel that way.

Probably a draw. Texans cycle vs.
yiOXx.gif

Grats on your whiskey

Yeah, the impending loss to the Seahawks would make you feel that way.

I'll have you know I predicted the Vikings to go 6-10 before the season started.

As long as we dont go 0-8 to finish the season I'll be happy.

Milchjon

What's the social status of marching bands? Are they an integral part of high school/college football, or is it just an outlet for geeks that no one takes seriously?

But pointing out an offensive line that holds is like pointing out a bird that can fly. That's what they do.
About sums it up right there. Somehow, I don't think Tomlin will be doing a press release about it though.

EDIT: Wow

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Chiefs are first team not to hold a lead during a game in first 8 games of season since 1929 Buffalo Bisons, who folded after 1929 season.

Top Bottom