• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

KaYotiX

Banned
Just read a small stat about Kuhn. Thought it was kinda interesting.

"Kuhn now has a TD in each of the last four postseasons. He's the only guy in the NFL who can make that claim. "

Narag

I think that'd be an awesome idea just so i can read it! Maybe us plebs could "ask the experts" in that thread too (not sarcasm)

It's clear there are at least a few people who's knowledge of the game is much higher than the group.

Oh definitely. I try to follow some of the higher level discussion but get lost at times. Thread dedicated to such in conjunction with the All 22 stuff to illustrate as well would be great.

Oh definitely. I try to follow some of the higher level discussion but get lost at times. Thread dedicated to such in conjunction with the All 22 stuff to illustrate as well would be great.

Same.

And I think because the thread moves so quick sometimes that most of that discussion is quickly lost.

squicken

The Indy Star has a film breakdown every week of a play or two. Not super technical but better than most. My problem is that there just aren't Rams forums that do that stuff. Giants, Packers and Steelers fans probably have more of that stuff than they could ever want

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Indy Star has a film breakdown every week of a play or two. Not super technical but better than most. My problem is that there just aren't Rams forums that do that stuff. Giants, Packers and Steelers fans probably have more of that stuff than they could ever want

I wish. I think Spectral was in here complaining about how crappy most fan forum sites are and I agree. Most of them are just the same 10 people having the same argument over and over and over again. Wait, I just described this thread.

Chickens will beat WAS and then ATL, lose to SF if Justin Smith is back. If not, they are SB bound. They have the only team that can handle the elite passers. Everyone else gets run off the field by Rodgers, Brady, Manning. Keep it close and Wilson will run around and hit one or two big plays

Was by 24 tomorrow.

I'd like a seperate NFL thread as well so I can discuss how upset I am Lovie Smith lost his job and Jerry Fucking Angelo still has his.
mccarthy.gif

KaYotiX

Banned
Ehhh. this thread does get de-railed, but a lot of the time its good football talk all week before the games start.....

Then its just fans being fans :)

squicken

Was by 24 tomorrow.

Problem for SEA on D is their pass rush is awful. I think people got confused by that GB game and they had a bunch of sacks. That was more GB than SEA. If Griffin was healthier then maybe.

An interesting thing to watch for is what SEA does with Red Bryant. In no way can he handle the read option at DE, but he's also extremely stout vs the run. If they go with their smaller DEs, WAS should just run with Morris out of the I. If they catch him in the game, go no huddle

who did you mean to type? cutler?
I actually meant Phil Emery---but in a way I didn't, because I let my hatred for Jerry Angelo bleed into my opinion of Emery. I hated Emery's picks this year and it brought back bitter memories. In the end, I don't dislike Emery as much as would seem from my terrible post.

It's late....my brain isn't working. Not that I say anything terribly smart in the middle of the day, but anywho.

Slo

You thought that was a close game? Packers shut it down. Did you see how man rushes Grant had!

Yeah that game was tight! Did you see the two times Webb panicked and flung the ball straight up like it was on fire? Who knows what could have happened on those plays, man? If those two plays go for TDs, it's tied at 24!

Just came here to post that I hope tomorrows' games are more exciting. Joe Webb meant the game was over before it even started and its not like it's exciting watching two inept quarterbacks go at each other in a fieldgoal fest. Not a very exciting start to the playoffs but we shall see how tomorrow plays out.

KaYotiX

Banned
Yeah that game was tight! Did you see the two times Webb panicked and flung the ball straight up like it was on fire? Who knows what could have happened on those plays, man? If those two plays go for TDs, it's tied at 24!

:jnc way to be upbeat Slo :)

I was hoping those would turn into pick 6's

squicken

I actually meant Phil Emery---but in a way I didn't, because I let my hatred for Jerry Angelo bleed into my opinion of Emery. I hated Emery's picks this year and it brought back bitter memories. In the end, I don't dislike Emery as much as would seem from my terrible post.

It's late....my brain isn't working. Not that I say anything terribly smart in the middle of the day, but anywho.

no worries. not really familiar with emery, but I guess I would suggest that the coaches on offense were probably incapable of developing talent. did anyone go there (on offense) and get better?

Read and enjoyed them all.

The Bradford gifs just started to run together though. He is what he is.

Yeah I laid it on there too much. But those are the only games I really dug through. Posted one about when a WR should slice vs Cover 2 or stay vertical. Only way I'm gonna come across that question is in a game I watch

no worries. not really familiar with emery, but I guess I would suggest that the coaches on offense were probably incapable of developing talent. did anyone go there (on offense) and get better?

No one has ever gone to Chicago and gotten better. If anything, it's the place where offensive players have gone to die. I blame Lovie for a lot of it. He had control over his staff, and a ton of input into drafts. He kept bums like our receiver's coach Daryl Drake around when it was obvious he simply couldn't develop the talent Angelo was drafting him. Hester and Knox are complete disasters because of him. Mike Tice was Lovie's bright idea, as was Mike Martz. While Lovie built an amazingly consistent defense, he also build a consistently terrible offense.

Right now Emery is saying all the right things. His press conference was incredibly impressive. After having lived with Angelo as the GM for so long, it was nice to hear a GM who could reasonably explain his decisions and the direction he hoped to take the franchise. I'm really liking the various coaches being interviewed. It's a really wide net, and not at all the typical Bears cheap defensive coordinators. I think he can take this team to the next level.

In all honesty, I don't think we do a good job at developing talent. I liked the potential in Greg Olsen, but we used him as a blocker more than a receiver to patch up our terrible O-line, then traded him away to Carolina. I could be completely wrong, but I feel like you have to be a great player when you come to the Bears, else we'll ditch your ass. The idea of evolving or developing someone seems like a lost notion. I wanted to use Hester as an example of developing talent, but I don't like him at all as a receiver. He doesn't know how to finish a route. Doesn't know how to step up to the ball.

No one has ever gone to Chicago and gotten better. If anything, it's the place where offensive players have gone to die. I blame Lovie for a lot of it. He had control over his staff, and a ton of input into drafts. He kept bums like our receiver's coach Daryl Drake around when it was obvious he simply couldn't develop the talent Angelo was drafting him. Hester and Knox are complete disasters because of him. Mike Tice was Lovie's bright idea, as was Mike Martz. While Lovie built an amazingly consistent defense, he also build a consistently terrible offense.
I really liked Martz. But it was someone's bright idea to bring him to Chicago for his "offensive genius" then not allow him to run the kind of offense he wanted to. That I blame on Lovie.

Those passes were something else. After the first one, I went and started playing with my nephew---lost hope real quick.

JABEE

Why did Minnesota start throwing the ball more? They were moving the ball really well on the first drive by just running it. You could see that Webb wasn't going to be accurate tonight. Did Webb practice with the first team this week, or was it really just a last minute decision to have Ponder sit?

Minnesota needs a new backup quarterback for next season. Webb doesn't appear to be capable of doing that job.

Kiryu

You crazy.

Believe me, I was crazy about the Seahawks @ 49ers game about all Sea WR drops the pass. It was inexcusable for any WR to not catch that easy throws for RW.

Narag

Why did Minnesota start throwing the ball more? They were moving the ball really well on the first drive by just running it. You could see that Webb wasn't going to be accurate tonight. Did Webb practice with the first team this week, or was it really just a last minute decision to have Ponder sit?

Minnesota needs a new backup quarterback for next season. Webb doesn't appear to be capable of doing that job.

Thought someone said Webb took the practice snaps this week. Ponder tried to warm up but couldn't make throws so Webb started.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
strap on night next week in Foxborough. Texans may as well bend over now!
Fuck you schaub!

:( why you got to hate so much on our pro bowl franchise QB

Problem for SEA on D is their pass rush is awful. I think people got confused by that GB game and they had a bunch of sacks. That was more GB than SEA. If Griffin was healthier then maybe.

An interesting thing to watch for is what SEA does with Red Bryant. In no way can he handle the read option at DE, but he's also extremely stout vs the run. If they go with their smaller DEs, WAS should just run with Morris out of the I. If they catch him in the game, go no huddle

Hopefully the Rams game was a wake up call for the D-Line. Not expecting them to play out of their minds, but hopefully can get some pressure w/o sending every god damn LB and DB.

Top Bottom