• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Not to rain on the Texans parade, but again, Brock looked descent against one of the leagues worst defenses.

Brock is average to flat out shit, not raining on anyone's parade.

I think you need to get BORK off your mind for the rest of the night. You will see how he is next weekend.

may the BORK be with you

MechDX

C1neTSeVQAAxowd.jpg:large

I love Bouye. Hope he isnt too damn expensive next season.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Seahawks have won at least one playoff game every year that Russell Wilson has been a starter and 6 of the 7 years Pete Carroll has been head coach. I think that's what a "Super Bowl Factor" team looks like more so than the Lions.

That's what I mean when I say Super Bowl factor or perennial factor. Despite being in the league since 2009, Stafford will only be 29 at the start of next season. It would've been real nice to have a guy like Ameer Abdullah or Theo Riddick but we're still rebuilding the roster and we're right there.

Our first year GM from New England, Bob Quinn, drafted guys like Taylor Decker from Ohio State and A'Shawn Robinson from Alabama. These things take time but this is a young and talented team and we're going to get better.

At the end of the day this is a Quarterback league and Matthew Stafford is one of the best Quarterbacks in the league.

Like I said, we'll be back in the playoffs next year

Why do you say that?

I may be a crazy Cowboys fan, but I really really want to face the Giants. I know the Cowboys are better than them, we just haven't shown it yet. I also want revenge for 2008, or whatever the year was when the Cowboys beat the Giants twice in the season but lost to them in the playoffs

I may be a crazy Cowboys fan, but I really really want to face the Giants. I know the Cowboys are better than them, we just haven't shown it yet. I also want revenge for 2008, or whatever the year was when the Cowboys beat the Giants twice in the season but lost to them in the playoffs

Same. I need a historic revenge game against the Giants.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Well I hope you guys are disappointed and my packers come out on top. I live in Dallas now and want to go to a Cowboys Packers playoff game! And I want to go to a Super Bowl in Houston.

That's what I mean when I say Super Bowl factor or perennial factor. Despite being in the league since 2009, Stafford will only be 29 at the start of next season. It would've been real nice to have a guy like Ameer Abdullah or Theo Riddick but we're still rebuilding the roster and we're right there.

Our first year GM from New England, Bob Quinn, drafted guys like Taylor Decker from Ohio State and A'Shawn Robinson from Alabama. These things take time but this is a young and talented team and we're going to get better.

At the end of the day this is a Quarterback league and Matthew Stafford is one of the best Quarterbacks in the league.

I don't understand your counter argument. The Seahawks have more playoff wins with Russell Wilson as their QB than the Lions have in franchise history. Your QB is approaching his decline phase and hasn't won a playoff game. Your team had the worst defense in the league by every advanced metric, you spent heavily on WRs for a middle of the pack passing game and you have a bottom tier rushing game.

Aside from crappy volume stats what has Matthew Stafford done at this point to make you think your team is a Super Bowl contender at any point before he completely collapses?

MechDX

I don't understand your counter argument. The Seahawks have more playoff wins with Russell Wilson as their QB than the Lions have in franchise history. Your QB is approaching his decline phase and hasn't won a playoff game. Your team had the worst defense in the league by every advanced metric, you spent heavily on WRs for a middle of the pack passing game and you have a bottom tier rushing game.

Aside from crappy volume stats what has Matthew Stafford done at this point to make you think your team is a Super Bowl contender at any point before he completely collapses?

You're arguing with Kas.

Just nod your head and slowly back away

Pagusas

Elden Member

He's just being an irrational fan, we all are guilty of it from time to time, he just had a tough loss so just excuse him for a bit while he recovers.

Pepiope

Not that I don't agree, but Stafford is only 28. He still has a ton of time left at his peak.

KaYotiX

Banned
Hope Green Bay doesn't lay an egg. Really nervous about the game, especially since I didn't even think they would make the playoffs lol

Wussle would have 0 playoff appearances or wins without his defense. QB is important, but if you have no D then you ain't winning shit

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

My counter argument has nothing to do with the Seahawks other than "we'll get there."

Matthew Stafford took over the worst team in NFL history in 2009 and has improved into one of the Top 5 Quarterbacks in the league.

It wasn't that long ago we went into New Orleans and kicked the Saints ass with Matthew Stafford in the MVP discussion. He then dislocated his middle finger on his throwing hand the next week against the Bears.

Let's see how any QB does with a dislocated finger.

You're arguing with Kas.

Just nod your head and slowly back away

Please. Stafford is 100x better than any QB the sorry ass Texans have trotted into the field.

Your team wouldn't crack the Top 8 in the NFC and you'll get destroyed by the Steelers, Patriots or whoever the fuck you face next week

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
. Please. Stafford is 100x better than any QB the sorry ass Texans have trotted into the field.

Your team wouldn't crack the Top 8 in the NFC and you'll get destroyed by the Steelers, Patriots or whoever the fuck you face next week

Schoob was better than fatty for a couple of seasons!

MechDX

lol same

Also as good as Clowney is proving to be now, I still don't get Wilfork saying he's a better player than Watt.

I kinda smh at that

Wilfork isnt the only one saying that. I do like Bouye's comment at the end of that article:

"Usually I go home and watch film with my cousin," Bouye said. "And you see some of the stuff Clowney does during the game and just go, 'man'. And in the back of my mind, I imagine if 99 (Watt) was there on the outside opposite Clowney. That's scary."

DJ Reader, 5th round rookie NT, has had a quietly good year. Joel Heath, UDFA from MSU, has also played solid at DT/DE. There is now depth on the d line. the front seven next year could be Mercilus, Watt, Reader, Clowney, Simon, McKinney and Cushing. Nasty, just nasty

Please. Stafford is 100x better than any QB the sorry ass Texans have trotted into the field.

Want me to pull up the last head to head for Schaub vs Stafford? It would be a waste of time though since Stafford couldnt out duel Brock Fucking Osweiler.

Matrix

Our D is damn nasty. Fix the damn O, special teams (that will never happen) & playcalling.

We need to throw money at Bouye.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
My counter argument has nothing to do with the Seahawks other than "we'll get there."

Matthew Stafford took over the worst team in NFL history in 2009 and has improved into one of the Top 5 Quarterbacks in the league.

It wasn't that long ago we went into New Orleans and kicked the Saints ass with Matthew Stafford in the MVP discussion. He then dislocated his middle finger on his throwing hand the next week against the Bears.

Matthew Stafford one of the Top 5 Quarterbacks in the league.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Gnats, we already beat the Double-Checks this season

Cowboys beat a packer team at their low point of the season, I don't think anyone considers the team of the last 5 weeks the same team that got blown out by the Cowboys.

But I do agree. Cowboys fear the giants. For some odd reason the gmen have their number.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Cowboys beat a packer team at their low point of the season, I don't think anyone considers the team of the last 5 weeks the same team that got blown out by the Cowboys.
Wah wah, still lost.

I swear, GAF will do anything to discredit this team at every turn. I don't see the Pats getting stuff like this.

_woLf

just realized that with the hawks lasting another week, the chances of bevell or cable being hired elsewhere goes down

i'm sad now

Bitanator

But I do agree. Cowboys fear the giants. For some odd reason the gmen have their number.

Giants have won but not kicked our ass this year so I know Dallas can hang with them, it is going to be who finishes the fight, and last I checked that is this teams motto, so fuck the Giants, they going down

All it takes is for the defense to have a bad day and this Giants team is out. The offense isn't good enough on its own to win. You guys are talking about Dallas and there's fuck all guanrantee the team gets past the Packers.

Giants D need to treat this game like they did the second game against Dallas. Pissed off at being told Dallas was the best team in the league and looking to punch someone in the mouth.

If playoff Eli shows up...

giphy.gif

Hopefully Rambo Eli brings the luck!

cdyhybrid

Sheil Kapadia ‏@SheilKapadia 40m
Per @ESPNStatsInfo, Thomas Rawls had 72 yards after contact. Last player with more in a playoff game: Marshawn Lynch in 2010 vs. Saints.

Wussle would have 0 playoff appearances or wins without his defense. QB is important, but if you have no D then you ain't winning shit

The Falcons made the playoffs with a pretty awful defense. I contend that you can win with a shitty defense but you have to be elite on offense to do so. The Lions have invested heavily in Stafford and their receiving group but are failing to get elite production and since every other aspect of their team is bottom of the league bad, they just aren't that good overall.

I see Cheeto got worked by kas.

Getting dragged into an argument with him is the definition of arguing with idiots, so I suppose you're right.

Top Bottom