• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

2016 was a low point for America.

The Cavs won, the Cubs won and Trump won. I have nothing against the Cavs or Cubs, but clearly all the previous rules were thrown out the window.

The real question is that an aberration and a true low point or this just now the status quo for this country?

Scary times ahead!

Switch will save all friend
It will unite all enemies with mario kart and splatoon
Zelda will cause people to not go outside to cause trouble

Texans vs Cowboys superbowl in Texas would be fucking hype though
believe in Bork

This reminds me of the one time Joe Thomas introduced himself to one of the qbs for the first time in the huddle. Congrats 9ers you are the Browns now, you did it!

This is incredible

Starter Thaddeus Lewis was sacked and knocked out of the game with 1:22 left in the fourth quarter, and the Browns faced fourth-and-9 at the Steelers 36. In came Josh Johnson, a fourth-year pro who had started five games over three seasons for Tampa Bay.

"I just said [in the huddle], 'I'm Joe Thomas, I'm your left tackle. Nice to meet you,'" said Thomas.

Congrats 49ers

MechDX

Texans are kings of the Saturday 3pm central time slot!

Da Komrad!

C1NzWviUUAAB_-z.jpg:large

Zeke

Looks like Mo will play in the divisional, I hope he can stay healthy through the playoffs and Collins is coming back from IR to be Leary's backup good stuff. Also cowboys finished 13th in sacks for the regular season great job by Marinelli and his orphans.

MechDX

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith 58s59 seconds ago
Vince Wilfork said he will consider retiring after this season. #Texans

"One last ride!"

Osweiler gonna Flacco us an owl!

Regular season points differential!

+191 Patriots
+134 Falcons
+115 Cowboys
+78 Chiefs
+72 Steelers
+62 Seahawks
+56 Cardinals
+44 Packers
+36 Eagles
+36 Broncos
+31 Raiders
+26 Giants
+22 Ravens
+21 Bills
+20 Vikings
+19 Colts
+15 Saints
+13 Washington
+10 Bengals
+3 Titans
-12 Lions
-13 Chargers
-15 Buccaneers
-17 Dolphins
-33 Panthers
-49 Texans
-82 Jaguars
-120 Bears
-134 Jets
-170 Rams
-171 49ers
-188 Browns

Bolded are disgraceful playoff teams. Obviously one stands out among the pack

Regular season points differential!

+191 Patriots
+134 Falcons
+115 Cowboys
+78 Chiefs
+72 Steelers
+62 Seahawks
+56 Cardinals
+44 Packers
+36 Eagles
+36 Broncos
+31 Raiders
+26 Giants
+22 Ravens
+21 Bills
+20 Vikings
+19 Colts
+15 Saints
+13 Washington
+10 Bengals
+3 Titans
-12 Lions
-13 Chargers
-15 Buccaneers
-17 Dolphins
-33 Panthers
-49 Texans
-82 Jaguars
-120 Bears
-134 Jets
-170 Rams
-171 49ers
-188 Browns

Bolded are disgraceful playoff teams. Obviously one stands out among the pack

That was just from Pats loss, we were +4 before that lol

Zeke

In more good news Todd Archer said Jaylon Smiths nerve is regenerating and he has tingling from his leg down to his foot. If he gets on the field next season it's going to fun to watch.

MechDX

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 13m13 minutes ago
Albert Breer Retweeted Adam Schefter
While it's easy to link Josh McDaniels to Pats-connected scouts, there's been word in league circles that Riddick/McDaniels could be paired.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 5m5 minutes ago
Also, I think the 49ers job is one Josh McDaniels would seriously consider taking. Just my feeling -- a clean-slate job like Jax was in '13.

#PatsWest

Two things worry me about the Packers game outside of our existing offensive woes. The first is Rodgers is a different level QB who can and will likely do everything he can to isolate our linebackers on a tight end. Its been kryptonite for this defense at times.

The second is Rodgers escapability under pressure. The Eagles game a few weeks back is educational here. Wentz showed impressive escapability despite some serious pressure from the Giants defensive line. They need to keep Aaron in the pocket or we're going to see some extended drives that could pose problems.

I know people keep going on about playoff Eli, but he hasn't shown his face yet. The offense has been inconsistent and at times unwatchable. The Giants formula for winning this season has been to hold teams to a low scoring affair with their defense, play the field position game and wait for Odell to break out his usual big play or two for the win. I don't know if that formula holds up in the playoffs (I veer towards no).

The positives? The Giants running game has quietly turned it on a bit in the last few weeks. With Paul Perkins taking on a bigger role, I expect to see more of it. I also expect to see more balance than we saw against the Redskins (40 runs vs 27 throws) to take advantage of the Packers busted up secondary and the fact that we have something to actually play for. If the version of Eli that showed up against the Eagles a few weeks ago shows up in Lambeau, we aren't going anywhere.

Who would hire Chip as an OC with that nonsense offense he runs. Just go back to college bro.

He has had a top 5 offense multiples times in the NFL, and all without any QBs at all, except for the one year he had Bradford but that year the OL was a mess. If Chip ever got a good QB that could run his offense it would be amazing.

Two things worry me about the Packers game outside of our existing offensive woes. The first is Rodgers is a different level QB who can and will likely do everything he can to isolate our linebackers on a tight end. Its been kryptonite for this defense at times.

The second is Rodgers escapability under pressure. The Eagles game a few weeks back is educational here. Wentz showed impressive escapability despite some serious pressure from the Giants defensive line. They need to keep Aaron in the pocket or we're going to see some extended drives that could pose problems.

I know people keep going on about playoff Eli, but he hasn't shown his face yet. The offense has been inconsistent and at times unwatchable. The Giants formula for winning this season has been to hold teams to a low scoring affair with their defense, play the field position game and wait for Odell to break out his usual big play or two for the win. I don't know if that formula holds up in the playoffs (I veer towards no).

The positives? The Giants running game has quietly turned it on a bit in the last few weeks. With Paul Perkins taking on a bigger role, I expect to see more of it. I also expect to see more balance than we saw against the Redskins (40 runs vs 27 throws) to take advantage of the Packers busted up secondary (and the fact that we had nothing to play for) but yeah. If the version of Eli that showed up against the Eagles a few weeks ago shows up in Lambeau, we aren't going anywhere.

Of these two teams, Giants scare me more. Aaron is deadly, but it took his best to get this far. I don't think he has another gear to elevate to.

That said, That Giants offense boy....Wooo. If I was a Giants fan my biggest fear would be Eli reverting to bad habits and overthrowing everyone. This seems like a one score game either way so a turnover could seal it.

Bread

Banned
Just went noticed that AT put kaves face on the chick in the joycon boyz video lmao

That picture is the greatest

this_guy

@HoustonTexans: O'Brien: "Brock Osweiler will be the starting quarterback for us on Saturday."

There it is. I will definitely be checking the box score after the game to see if we won or not. Also rooting for 100 team rushing yards.

Top Bottom