• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

AJ2A7oJ.gif

Damn................

Pepiope

Anyone but howie setting up the draft board is already a massive improvement. I do not see how the organization is set up better internally with a much worse head coach then either Chip or Andy, but maybe if they could get someone competent to pick the players then dougies failings wont matter as much. I really wished he had agreed to give up the playcalling duties, it definitely seemed like it was to much for him this year.
He's a rookie HC. Gotta give him time to adjust.

Pepiope

Howie on WRs: "it's not that long ago we led the league in 20+ yard plays.. I don't have a Delorean time machine to go back in time and go get some of those guys back.."

Nah it was definitely howie who got rid of the talent.

WedgeX

Banned
Going to assume that kas beat me to this already but post it anyhow:

Detroit Free Press: Seahawks' Michael Bennett: Lions' Zach Zenner best white RB in the NFL

“I think the running back, man, he’s - there’s not many white running backs in the NFL but he has to be the best right now," Bennett said. "He’s doing such a great job of cutbacks and hitting the hole. He’s a really good back. I know all the stuff he did in college, three straight seasons of 2,000 yards. I don’t care where you’re at, if you can do that you have got amazing talent. And I think he’s just an amazing running back, the things he can do with the ball. He got good balance, he can spin, he can catch it out of the backfield. I think he fits the offense perfectly."

And what's the bar for being the best white running back?

He ran for a career-high 67 yards and two touchdowns on just 12 carries two weeks ago in a 42-21 loss to the Dallas Cowboys, then topped that with 69 yards rushing on 20 carries and 41 yards receiving last week against the Green Bay Packers.

Pm the Whole thread pls Wedge. And Browns gaf has movie night and cookouts. Also cookies when you officially join

I'll at least be the Detroit ambassador to the Becleveland.

Wedge's making a list.

One today, and one hundred and twenty tomorrow.

Checking it twice.

:jnc

Damn just found out that Wedge put me on ignore.

Fuck

;)

Yep. We're by far the worst coaching opportunity. Only advantage is if someone wants to bring a GM with them, we're the only place that can happen (for now, I'm still not entirely sure Grigson/Pagano are safe).

We'll probably have to settle for someone like a Mike Pettine, an assistant coach not getting offers elsewhere, basically.

Our roster is just so fucking piss poor, it's going to take years to climb out of the hole Baalke/York put us in.

That is the most messed up part to me. The roster sucks but Chip still had them playing hard. They hadnt quit at all, another year or two of him getting guys to fit what he was doing and hopefully some luck at QB and they could have turned things around. Now a new GM and HC are going to come in and want to start all over again. Jed is the worst owner in all of sports.

Howie on WRs: "it's not that long ago we led the league in 20+ yard plays.. I don't have a Delorean time machine to go back in time and go get some of those guys back.."

Nah it was definitely howie who got rid of the talent.

How many playoff game wins did those 20+ yard plays get them? Glad to see howie has his priorities in place though.

Pepiope

How many playoff game wins did those 20+ yard plays get them? Glad to see howie has his priorities in place though.
The offense wasn't the problem the first year with chip. Our defense sucked.

The issue is chip made the offense worse for whatever reason by forcing Jackson out, and the offense declined over the next two years until he was finally fired.

bionic77

:lol

Also, fuck Joe bitchass Theismann and all the other fake ass patriots. I don't agree with everything Kap has to say but at least he took a stand for something that needed to be addressed and he is going to pay for it the rest of his life because of the fact that we have so many bitch ass bitches like Joe Theismann, who will just sing the current song or face whatever direction the wind is blowing.

Fuck off Joe! I am glad he broke your leg! They should have never you win anything. You can't appreciate shit!

@flasportsbuzz 25s25 seconds ago
Bacarri Rambo did not practice, and beyond Rambo and Thomas, Dolphins don't have another healthy safety who played any defen.snaps in 2016..
@flasportsbuzz 36s36 seconds ago
... Aikens and AJ Hendy didn't play a defensive snap in 2016, according to PFF. Reshad Jones, Abdul-Quddus on IR.

Welp, it was a nice season while it lasted.

The offense wasn't the problem the first year with chip. Our defense sucked.

The issue is chip made the offense worse for whatever reason by forcing Jackson out, and the offense declined over the next two years until he was finally fired.

The offense did suck in the playoff game though. DJax didnt catch a single pass before Lewis got hurt, that is just pitiful. Paying him top Wr money is nuts. Losing Maclin hurt, but chip wasnt the GM when the Eagles decided not to franchise him, and he has sucked with KC so who knows how that would have worked out for the Eagles. The offense declined due to the OL falling apart, Chip should have done more his one year to improve that, but howie should have done more his years as well.

Drakeon

That is the most messed up part to me. The roster sucks but Chip still had them playing hard. They hadnt quit at all, another year or two of him getting guys to fit what he was doing and hopefully some luck at QB and they could have turned things around. Now a new GM and HC are going to come in and want to start all over again. Jed is the worst owner in all of sports.

I don't disagree that the team never gave up. Chip at least had the offense playing better than it had any right to be given the talent level. Although at a minimum they needed to fire Jim O'Neil, his defense was fucking terrible. I honestly don't know if some of that fell on Chip's system or not.

cdyhybrid

Torrey Smith keeping it real:

Who cares what he thinks? Everyone from DMV knows he is one of the most arrogant people ever..his opinion has no value

Edit: from Sheil Kapadia

Seahawks pass defense ranked 30th (DVOA) since Week 12, a span in which Earl Thomas played one quarter.

*pukes*

Also, fuck Joe bitchass Theismann and all the other fake ass patriots. I don't agree with everything Kap has to say but at least he took a stand for something that needed to be addressed and he is going to pay for it the rest of his life because of the fact that we have so many bitch ass bitches like Joe Theismann, who will just sing the current song or face whatever direction the wind is blowing.
I think my favorite part of his quote was the "hey everyones allowed to express their opinion..unless you're at work" bit. Well, unless the employer takes issue with said expression - which the NFL did not - what the fuck is the problem again?

Pepiope

The offense did suck in the playoff game though. DJax didnt catch a single pass before Lewis got hurt, that is just pitiful. Paying him top Wr money is nuts. Losing Maclin hurt, but chip wasnt the GM when the Eagles decided not to franchise him, and he has sucked with KC so who knows how that would have worked out for the Eagles. The offense declined due to the OL falling apart, Chip should have done more his one year to improve that, but howie should have done more his years as well.
Not only did chip not do anything about the line, he got rid of Mathis and Herremans. He doesn't value the line as much as others, it backfired.

bionic77

I think my favorite part of his quote was the "hey everyones allowed to expression their opinion..unless you're at work" bit. Well, unless the employer takes issue with said expression - which the NFL did not - what the fuck is the problem again?
Fake ass patriots.

They get all angry if someone doesn't stand for the flag and or says they don't respect a president (when they are republican). But they can't seem to find anything to get worked up about fake wars, minorities getting killed, or anything that really matters.

Its ok Joe. The racists are running the place. Tell us how you really feel. You don't give a fuck about the anthem. You just don't want to hear about how the police are fucking peoples shit up or do anything about it because it doesn't impact you or any of your friends of family.

Anyone who was against Kap for protesting something everyone should be upset can go fuck themselves. He was not protesting capitalism, he was not saying that being a pedo was ok, he was saying maybe we should stop killing people based on the color of their skin. We ain't ready for that shit in 2016 I guess...

gutshot

OG Iron Chef > Anything on Food Network right now

When you say OG Iron Chef, you talking about the Japanese version? Or the American one with the original Iron Chefs: Morimoto, Bobby Flay and Mario Batali? Because if it is the latter, I totally agree with you.

Top Bottom