• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

Line_HTX

What are you Texans fans going to do for the game?

I'm probably going to meet up with some friends and check the box score after the game to see if we won.

I'm going to be binge watching many different shows because I refuse to watch Brock start anymore.

Him saying that Joe is in charge of the board made it seem like, blame that guy if stuff sucks. So I hope you are right that it is actually more clear now.
What's described is literally how most teams handle their business. The Giants have Marc Ross who's the Vice President of Player Evaluation. He's basically in charge of the scouts. He sets up the draft board based on the information the scouts come to him with and alongside input from Jerry Reese who makes his own visits when possible for players that the team may be targeting. Drafted players are Reese's responsibility as the General Manager but input is taken from the head coach and ownership when a pick is made. Picks aren't made in a vacuum.

The thing about Reese is that he was the Director of Player Personnel for four years under Ernie Accorsi before he was promoted (he functioned in Marc Ross's role) and he was a scout himself for years before that.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

I'm probably going to meet up with some friends and check the box score after the game to see if we won.

Likely watching it sitting on the toilet. Have to match them shit for shit.

Good article on the Packers beating the Giants defense. First note is exactly what I said - use the tight end.

http://shepherdexpress.com/article-29004-beating-the-giants.html

The Giants are the 2nd best team in football against an opponent's #1 receiver, but it doesn't stop there. They are 5th against #2 receivers, 7th against slot receivers, and even excel against pass-catching running backs, where they rank 3rd. Their only real weakness in the passing game is against tight ends, where they are a surprisingly terrible 26th, and when the Giants have surrendered points this season it has usually been tight ends like Zach Ertz, Ladarius Green, and Tyler Eifert doing the damage.

Second note is a fun comment that's ignored about this past weeks game:

I think what worries me more than anything else about the Giants is that last week, from what I could tell, they were actively trying to lose against Washington. They ran the ball 40 times, not because they were up and protecting a lead, but because they were resting players. They had 19 carries in the first half. At no point did they approach anything close to a modern offense. Beckham played only 48 of 72 snaps and they sacrificed any risk on offense to protect Eli. Despite all of this, they won easily against the 5th best offense in the league per DVOA, giving its all to get into the playoffs. They Packers are currently 4th on offense in DVOA. Nothing is ever easy in the playoffs, and this game will be no different.

More at the article.

C1Wxa8zVQAATAvp.jpg:large

Happy Birthday to the greatest coach in NFL History!

We doing it for the Don this weekend!

#Finsup

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm glad we're keeping Coach Caldwell for at least another season.

It was disappointing not winning the NFC North Division Championship but this team is no doubt on the rise and has probably exceeded most people's expectations these last three seasons.

The players seem to respect and play hard for Coach Caldwell. Most of our issues can be attributed towards holes in the roster which will get fixed as Bob Quinn has more time to fix the roster through the draft and free agency.

Also I'm just glad this means another season of Jim Bob Cooter and no Josh McDaniels.

JABEE

How did Grigson and Pagano keep their jobs after losing the division to the Texans?

Andrew Luck is your QB and you lost your division to the Texans.

this_guy

How did Grigson and Pagano keep their jobs after losing the division to the Texans?

Pagano mentioned something about beating the Jags in his end of the season presser. Not joking.

jmdajr

I will probbaly turn on the TV, eat some junk food, and drink some high quality beer like miller lite.

Maybe I will even do this with friends.

Line_HTX

Dale Robertson ‏@sportywineguy 35m35 minutes ago

Ravens in 2011, Patriots in 2012, Chiefs in 2015 and now the Raiders. So far Texans are 0-3 in rematches.

Yes please

If you haven't noticed, Garrett is a pretty damn good scouter of offensive talent, not to mention his Dad was an NFL scout for 17 years. I'd wish he would focus all his attention on that side of the business. Plus he's just about the only one who could co-exist with the Jones family.

Tony wants to keep competing, and could continue to do so as a coach. He's a great locker room guy and beloved within the organization. Plus he's got a great mind for football.

I don't know, I'm obviously biased but I could see it working. I don't think Garrett is that great of a head coach, mainly based on how inconsistent the team has been.

Fitts

Dale Robertson ‏@sportywineguy 35m35 minutes ago

Ravens in 2011, Patriots in 2012, Chiefs in 2015 and now the Raiders. So far Texans are 0-3 in rematches.

And Connor Cook is the first QB to have his first NFL start come in the playoffs.

Congrats on breaking the streak, TexansGAF! :)

MechDX

Because other than Luck and Hilton that have zilch on the roster worth a damn or healthy

Want me to mention the o line?

Also the Texans have a really damn good defense. I swear some of you don't actually pay attention

JABEE

Because other than Luck and Hilton that have zilch on the roster worth a damn or healthy

Also the Texans have a really damn good defense. I swear some of you don't actually pay attention
The Texans have a good defense and I'll admit I don't watch a lot of Texans games, I understand the Texans have a good defense, but my point is about how Grigson and Pagano keep their jobs when they can't build or coach Luck to a winning record.

This isn't their first season either. How do you leave those people in power?

I was just thinking about the pipe dream that Wentz will be as good as Luck and the current Roseman/Pederson duo staying on despite failing. 8-8 shouldn't be good enough for that team.

Luck is the perfect QB to run chips system. The colts should fire everyone and give chip a shot, no way could it be worse then what they have now.

Spinluck

Every team in the AFCS is garbage.

Texans probably have the most talent, but I think coaching decided the division this year.

That much was evident.

fun fact:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/12/27/14092848/andrew-luck-has-been-under-more-pressure-this-year-than-ever-colts

Luck was under more pressure than he's ever been in his career this year, but still had his best year statistically.

Doomsayer

So who is going to fuck it up for everyone this year?

Not just being doom and gloom, I think the 49ers will. We have a metric fuckton of cap space and no talent. Couple that with a new GM who will more than likely want to make a splash... we are going to overpay a lot of mediocre players.

Football!

MechDX

Every team in the AFCS is garbage.

Texans probably have the most talent, but I think coaching decided the division this year.

That much was evident.

fun fact:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/12/27/14092848/andrew-luck-has-been-under-more-pressure-this-year-than-ever-colts

Luck was under more pressure than he's ever been in his career this year, but still had his best year statistically.

Problem was Pagano was focusing on beating the Jags

#MissionAccomplished

Dolphins did it like 3 years in a row, we done.

Friend pls, you couldn't afford what it would cost to get high priced FA to go to the browns, sorry :(

Not just being doom and gloom, I think the 49ers will. We have a metric fuckton of cap space and no talent. Couple that with a new GM who will more than likely want to make a splash... we are going to overpay a lot of mediocre players.

Football!

This is a good candidate.

We already did it last year with Brock so someone else's turn this year.

Yeah I hope you guys learned your lesson lol

Top Bottom