• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

squicken

Looks like some bad news coming down the line about Corey Coleman

https://t.co/I44H6ugzid
Statement from Browns WR Corey Coleman agent David Mulugheta:

Unfortunately Corey Coleman's name has surfaced in a police report concerning an incident that occurred in the lobby of the apartment complex in which he lives. Corey, while aware of the incident, denies the allegations that have been made and looks forward to clearing his name.

It's legitimately infuriating. Can't wait for Marlon Humphrey, Mike Williams, and Derek Barnett to all somehow fall to the Cowboys this draft

Just need Jerry to pull a few strings with local PDs and these guys will fall into our laps after being found passed out drunk in the parking lot with the keys in the ignition!

WedgeX

Banned
Most wins this season vs. playoff teams: Tennessee 5, Green Bay 5, New England 4, Philadelphia 4.
Fewest wins this season versus playoff teams: Detroit 0

Also noteworthy Miami 1, Oakland 1, Houston 2, Atlanta 2, Pittsburgh 2.

This is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I ain't got nuffin.

Greg

I hate myself immediately after drinking anything sweet

unless there's alcohol in it, and then I save the hatred for the next morning

I feel like Grover was a really fat kid and then he stopped drinking sugary shit, lost weight and turned into a beautiful, handsome black man, like Bread.
I like to think that your phrasing implies he morphed from a fat white kid into a handsome black man.

I hate myself immediately after drinking anything sweet

unless there's alcohol in it, and then I save the hatred for the next morning
Oh look Greg is the worst. Stunned.

Hindl

Just need Jerry to pull a few strings with local PDs and these guys will fall into our laps after being found passed out drunk in the parking lot with the keys in the ignition!

UojZt2r.gif

Also missed it last night but how was Lettuce?

Most wins this season vs. playoff teams: Tennessee 5, Green Bay 5, New England 4, Philadelphia 4.
Fewest wins this season versus playoff teams: Detroit 0

Also noteworthy Miami 1, Oakland 1, Houston 2, Atlanta 2, Pittsburgh 2.

New England is kinda funny actually.

They beat Miami (Tannehill) with Jimmy G at QB. So ... not a Brady win, playbook likely adjusted.

They beat Houston (Brock) so :jnc, with Brisket at QB.

They beat Pittsburgh (Landry Jones at QB) so :jnc.

They beat Miami (Matt Moore at QB) so :jnc.

So Brady won two games against playoff teams, and neither of them had their starting QB in the game.

soyouresayingtheresachance.gif

bionic77

NFL Now would actually be worth watching if they did this on the regular.

Ike Taylor and MJD walk us through their 2007 playoff game (the 4th and 2 Garrard game).

Best parts:

Ike marveling that he caught an interception :/

MJD talking about Lebeau's tendencies. On two plays MJD flat out says "We knew if we did this Lebeau was going to do that, so we exploited it."
That was close to a break your laptop type game for Steelers fans.

No question a break your remote game.

I feel like Grover was a really fat kid and then he stopped drinking sugary shit, lost weight and turned into a beautiful, handsome black man, like Bread.

I wasn't REALLY fat but college (and college girls) forced to think more about my shape. Sweet drinks got cut way down.

I'm not going to sit here and like a paragon of health tho (like I don't have at least 14 bottles of beer in my fridge as we type)

That was close to a break your laptop type game for Steelers fans.

No question a break your remote game.

That Jacksonville team had Rasean Mathis and Fred Taylor, two guys who just owned the Steelers in their day. Mathis had a TAINT in that game.

That 4th and 2 play is still hard to watch. Their o-lineman flat out tackled our d-line to the ground. Grrrr.

bionic77

That Jacksonville team had Rasean Mathis and Fred Taylor, two guys who just owned the Steelers in their day. Mathis had a TAINT in that game.

That 4th and 2 play is still hard to watch. Their o-lineman flat out tackled our d-line to the ground. Grrrr.
Didn't Ben throw two TAINTS?

I remember them pushing it in until the 4th quarter after which we came back from like 20 down only to lose on 4th and 2...

Slurmer

Banned

A Steelers friend of mine swore after that game, that the NFL purposely lost the game for Pittsburgh after the blowback they got from Super Bowl XL, lol.

Hindl

Eagles blocked Jets from interviewing DeFilippo. Makes sense, losing both Reich and DeFilippo would hurt Wentz' development. I could see DeFilippo getting bumped up to OC if Reich takes the Bills job

Tom Nook

Friends...it's happening.

Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica
Join us at 9:30AM EST on 1/13 for Treehouse Live and an in-depth look at upcoming games featured in the Nintendo Switch Presentation.

That's 8pm Thursday Night here in California time.

Better be no Thusday Night Fuckball jinx for Nintendo.

Pepiope

Eagles blocked Jets from interviewing DeFilippo. Makes sense, losing both Reich and DeFilippo would hurt Wentz' development. I could see DeFilippo getting bumped up to OC if Reich takes the Bills job
Then there's this

Amy Trask ✔@AmyTrask
Note: sometimes when a team denies another permission to interview it's b/c assistant doesn't want that interview, team provides "cover."

Hindl

Switch fridge would have parts that would break off into portable coolers

That actually sounds pretty dope. Fuck Smart fridges Samsung should build that

Then there's this

Amy Trask ✔@AmyTrask
Note: sometimes when a team denies another permission to interview it's b/c assistant doesn't want that interview, team provides "cover."

Good point. With no standout QBs in this class plus having Hack and Petty, Jets probably isn't the best destination for an OC atm

Line_HTX

Texans PR ‏@TexansPR 2m2 minutes ago

.@HoustonTexans OLB @Merci380 sits down with Jon Gruden on the ESPN @NFL_MNF Bus to talk about the #Texans defense, the Raiders and more:

C1bnuqcUcAATJwD.jpg

Then there's this

Amy Trask ✔@AmyTrask

Rotoworld said:
That's the Eagles' right, but it's still poor form. Despite the ability to block such job hopping, teams usually grant position coaches the ability to seek coordinating work. DeFilippo did an excellent job with the 2015 Browns. He'll be a coordinator again sooner or later.

Sucks for him that if Reich doesnt get the Bills job he will be trapped as a QB coach again next year.
No way would he not want to interview for a job, your blind defending of the Eagles truly knows no bounds.

BigAT

oops, got the events mixed up.

The switch presentation is on Thursday 8pm, The treehouse (showing off more of the games in detail) is 6:30am next day.

Wait, we're getting TWO streams for SWITCH™?! Boys, we really are being serviced further.

Pepiope

Sucks for him that if Reich doesnt get the Bills job he will be trapped as a QB coach again next year.
No way would he not want to interview for a job, your blind defending of the Eagles truly knows no bounds.
He may want a chance to succeed though, being connected to Wentz if he turns into a stud may look better on his resume than making a shitty offense a little less shit. Possibly much more stability here than in NY too. We have our QB, coach, and GM for the foreseeable future.

He may want a chance to succeed though, being connected to Wentz if he turns into a stud may look better on his resume than making a shitty offense a little less shit. Possibly much more stability here than in NY too. We have our QB, coach, and GM for the foreseeable future.

I am going to quote this post like 1000 times after next year when Lurie finally kicks that trash roseman out of the building. Hopefully he takes his little lap dog dougie with him.

squicken

I really have no idea why he doesn't see the field at least as much as Patterson.

In the Cowboys game he just looked awful. He was knocked off his route on a deep throw and then ran the wrong route on a 3rd down pass in the RZ. If you have Gamepass you can see just how physically dominated he was by the Cowboys' DB. And he was drafted to be a physical WR that could make contested catches

With Patterson I think they were trying to give him that last chance to be a real WR. He's great on the short stuff, but once teams figure that out, all he can do is go routes. Against CHI he ran a really lazy post route that got picked off b/c the DB ran the route. Probably should not have been thrown but it is the kind of play you see all over the league where a big body WR or TE walls off the defender for the catch, but it takes good technique and Patterson just doesn't have that capacity as a player. Unless he will come back cheap as a KR guy I think he is gone

I would imagine if Reich stays they may reverse the decision and allow him to interview with the Jets. Risking 2/3 of the coaches developing Wentz changing at such a crucial time of his would be a big mistake. It's bad enough that one of them may go, but both leaving would be extremely bad for his development. In this case limiting the damage is the best option for the organization. Reich is higher on the totem pole so he gets the flexibility that won't be given to the QB coach.

I've fallen down a rabbit hole here. NFL has tons of past game uploaded. I'm watching Colts Steelers 2005 Divisional now.

After that I may get my courage up to watch Chargers Steelers 94. :s

Pepiope

I would imagine if Reich stays they may reverse the decision and allow him to interview with the Jets. Risking 2/3 of the coaches developing Wentz changing at such a crucial time of his would be a big mistake. It's bad enough that one of them may go, but both leaving would be extremely bad for his development. In this case limiting the damage is the best option for the organization. Reich is higher on the totem pole so he gets the flexibility that won't be given to the QB coach.
Tim McManus ✔@Tim_McManus
Bills had still not submitted official request to interview Eagles OC Frank Reich at last check. No follow-through after initial contact.

I think he just didn't want the job.

Top Bottom