• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

Slo

In the Cowboys game he just looked awful. He was knocked off his route on a deep throw and then ran the wrong route on a 3rd down pass in the RZ. If you have Gamepass you can see just how physically dominated he was by the Cowboys' DB. And he was drafted to be a physical WR that could make contested catches

With Patterson I think they were trying to give him that last chance to be a real WR. He's great on the short stuff, but once teams figure that out, all he can do is go routes. Against CHI he ran a really lazy post route that got picked off b/c the DB ran the route. Probably should not have been thrown but it is the kind of play you see all over the league where a big body WR or TE walls off the defender for the catch, but it takes good technique and Patterson just doesn't have that capacity as a player. Unless he will come back cheap as a KR guy I think he is gone

You nailed the analysis on Patterson. They worked really hard to get him touches this year, but it's never really flashed like he did in his first season again. Apparently there's also a short coming in either the work ethic or the intellect, possibly both. The local talk radio guys are such blue bloods that criticism comes in riddles.

Honestly I've not even really seen Treadwell play. Seeing him on the field is like seeing a unicorn fucking a thin 'sconi woman.

How will the Packers cover Odell Beckham if they don't even know who he is?

C1bsyPYUUAEQQYq.jpg
Why did you go from a comment about Odell Beckham to a picture of a random superhero?

BigAT

Packers DBs are not physical. Odell is going to have a monster game.

That's what everyone said the first time they played this year and he only ended up having 56 yards receiving.

The O-line still needs to be reasonable and Eli needs to play better than he has the last few weeks.

Greg

That's what everyone said the first time they played this year and he only ended up having 56 yards receiving.

The O-line still needs to be reasonable and Eli needs to play better than he has the last few weeks.
let me hate my team more, please - it is crucial to their success

squicken

Connor Cook

ELSJ1eN.gif

You nailed the analysis on Patterson. They worked really hard to get him touches this year, but it's never really flashed like he did in his first season again. Apparently there's also a short coming in either the work ethic or the intellect, possibly both. The local talk radio guys are such blue bloods that criticism comes in riddles.

Honestly I've not even really seen Treadwell play. Seeing him on the field is like seeing a unicorn fucking a thin 'sconi woman.

I listen to the Star Tribunes' podcast and the 1500 ESPN podcast, and they also sort of hint around Patterson having some learning issues. Zimmer said something in a press conference about Thielen getting the more targets this year like "run the routes right and you get the ball". Treadwell had 3 targets all year so he was easy to miss. Bradford played with a similar guy in STL in Brian Quick and he never threw him the ball his rookie year either, and Quick still sucks so that's not the best thing

Eli was under constant pressure all game, Flowerhouse=worse tackles in the league..

squicken

NFL Live redoing 2014 draft top 10

In Order

Carr
Donald
Mack
OBJ
Clowney
Martin
Evans
Mosley
Landry
Freeman.

What you think?

As good as I think those defenders are, I'd have to put OBJ at 2. There's very few guys that can generate big plays like he does. Carr gets the nod just b/c he is a QB, but overall he's just a middle of the road/above avg guy

As good as I think those defenders are, I'd have to put OBJ at 2. There's very few guys that can generate big plays like he does. Carr gets the nod just b/c he is a QB, but overall he's just a middle of the road/above avg guy

You put a true middle of the road (Dalton) QB on that Raiders team, and in no way do they win 12 games

Hindl

No way Williams falls past Tennessee..

The other two.. I could see because how deep they are.

I agree I was mostly joking. I think all 3 go in the 1st, Humphrey is the most likely to fall, just cuz out of Humphrey, Tabor, Wilson, Jones, Lattimore, Jackson, someone is bound to fall. And that's even ignoring some people, it's just so stacked at CB.

Also, curious to hear your thoughts on Fournette after he's been usurped by Cook as the top back and his relatively disappointing season

Euron

ONE WAS NAMED TIME MAGAZINE'S SEXIEST MAN OF THE YEAR

THE OTHER STARRED IN THE OSCAR AWARD WINNING MOVIE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN

TUNE IN THIS SUNDAY NIGHT TO FIND OUT WHICH ONE IS CROWNED THE NEXT WWE CHAMPION

xikhce762e7y.jpg

Sephzilla

Packers DBs are not physical. Odell is going to have a monster game.

I believe people, including myself, said this when the Giants played the Packers earlier this year,. Hopefully the Packers don't suddenly think they can 1 on 1 Odell like they thought they could 1 on 1 Plaxico Burress back in 07

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I believe people, including myself, said this when the Giants played the Packers earlier this year,. Hopefully the Packers don't suddenly think they can 1 on 1 Odell like they thought they could 1 on 1 Plaxico Burress back in 07
I don't think they could cover him three on one.

bionic77

It is not complicated.

Double Odell and don't let him beat you.

Rush someone good from the left side and make their clownshoes LT and someone other then Beckham beat you.

If mayor mccheese or whoever the fuck else they have on offense beats you and the LT gives up zero sacks you can live with that. That is really improbable. But if Odell scores 3 long TDs over the top against single coverage and you lose by 3, well then you done fucked up and deserved to lose for being so damn stupid.

Line_HTX

If bob gets fired i dunno if i can support this team anymore. Not till smith leaves (never?). Makes me sound like squicken..

I think I might just quit entirely if that happens. I've been wanting Rick Smith to be fired for many years now. He should've fucking gone with Kubiak.

Tom Penny

It is not complicated.

Double Odell and don't let him beat you.

Rush someone good from the left side and make their clownshoes LT and someone other then Beckham beat you.

If mayor mccheese or whoever the fuck else they have on offense beats you and the LT gives up zero sacks you can live with that. That is really improbable. But if Odell scores 3 long TDs over the top against single coverage and you lose by 3, well then you done fucked up and deserved to lose for being so damn stupid.
Beckham is most dangerous on slant pick routes but doubling him is the obvious move.

Top Bottom