• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

bionic77

I have never needed or wanted to do this. I always have my smartphone right next to me. What's the advantage? I guess I can see it for text messages.
It definitely sounds and works better via your computer mic and speakers than over your smartphone. At least it has in my experience.

For text messages the real advantage is you get to type out long ass text messages on your keyboard and it does not interrupt your work flow because it is just another window on your computer instead of picking up your phone and responding to the same. Definitely the most first world of first world problems. But I love it.

squicken

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-...make-one-catch-rookie-season-a-distant-memory

Minnesota Vikings rookie wide receiver Laquon Treadwell caught as many passes this season (one) as Sam Bradford and Chicago Bears quarterback Matt Barkley.

He had as many targets (three) and yards from scrimmage (15) as Vikings fullback Zach Line.

Since 2009, 47 first-round picks have caught a pass as a rookie in a regular-season game, according to ESPN Stats and Information. The list of players who caught as many as Treadwell includes three quarterbacks (Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota and Carson Wentz), three offensive linemen (Michael Oher, Kyle Long and Ereck Flowers) and a cornerback (Patrick Peterson).

Bread

Banned
John Ourand ‏ @ Ourand_SBJ 15m 15 minutes ago
SBD: Chris Berman to step down as ESPN's NFL studio host. No more NFL Draft, Home Run Derby. Details on new deal: http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2017/01/05/Media/Berman.aspx …
iasip-dance.gif

Spinluck

As if Eli was the main reason those teams won

Eli had a defense in both runs, but there is absolutely no denying he made some clutch ass throws.

He could have easily choked those away. This ain't no Trent Dilfer shit.

That NFC Championship against the Niners was good considering he got fucking destroyed all game but still delivered against that defense. Eli has definitely made a name for himself in the postseason imo.

BigAT

Friends...it's happening.

Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica
Join us at 9:30AM EST on 1/13 for Treehouse Live and an in-depth look at upcoming games featured in the Nintendo Switch Presentation.

Farooq

Banned
@DMN_George 18m18 minutes ago
Cowboys rookie LB Jaylon Smith said he'll be on field participating in OTAs in May now with his nerve regenerating.

@DMN_George 14m14 minutes ago
Cowboys rookie LB Jaylon Smith on if doctors have told him his nerve is regenerating or if it's something he's feeling: "It's both."

You guys jealous of all these first round picks that are not actually first round picks?

bionic77

Friends...it's happening.

Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica
Join us at 9:30AM EST on 1/13 for Treehouse Live and an in-depth look at upcoming games featured in the Nintendo Switch Presentation.
The JoyConBoyz era starts tonight.

I'll buy whatever jgar is selling!

It sounds like he was in the room during Tomlin's interview with the Steelers. That's pretty much how Tomlin coaches, and its why he gets criticism for being a cheerleader. He gets guys to work hard and compete during the week, but it's the Sunday execution where, occasionally, the wheels come off.

RBH

Sweet tea is great as long as they find a nice balance.

McDonalds? Way too damn sweet
Sonic? Too sweet
Wendy's? About right

Just order it "half n half" or "half cut" to be safe. Half sweet, half un-sweet

#IStandWithTDR
Chick-Fil-A is the best sweet tea of all!

*folds arms and smiles*

MechDX

If bob gets fired i dunno if i can support this team anymore. Not till smith leaves (never?). Makes me sound like squicken..

Squickens theory: Irsay waiting to see if Texans fire BOB. Hires him as HC with his choice of GM. I added he hires Vrabel as his DC.

We would look good in Blue Dega

bionic77

On January 13th, 2017, Nintendo will introduce the newest way to service your boys. Finally you'll be able to go further for your viewership.

You know what it does™
One thing we can all agree on is if Mr. JoyConBoy himself shows up in the presentation it becomes mandatory for any person who has even a little respect for him or herself to buy a Switch as soon as it becomes available.

@BradWellsNFL
To recap: Manning discussed role with Colts front office. No deal. Pagano's job is in jeopardy. Grigson staying as Colts GM.

Sorry ColtsGAF

Bread

Banned
One thing we can all agree on is if Mr. JoyConBoy himself shows up in the presentation it becomes mandatory for any person who has even a little respect for him or herself to buy a Switch as soon as it becomes available.
is it not mandatory already?

BOB is gonna have his choice of jobs.

@BradWellsNFL
To recap: Manning discussed role with Colts front office. No deal. Pagano's job is in jeopardy. Grigson staying as Colts GM.

Sorry ColtsGAF

I don't understand how Grigson is safe, he's the one who has built that shit roster. Without Luck they are a 1 win team.

bionic77

is it not mandatory already?
It is pretty close to mandatory for anyone with taste or intelligence.

But if and when Mr. JoyConBoy shows up at the Treehouse presentation even the dumbs and the lames are now required to get onboard the train.

this_guy

I just had a sushi burrito for lunch.

Meh I'd rather just have some sashimi or rolls instead

That's not real food. You need to get some culture in your life and eat something authentic, like a burrito supreme or nachos bel grande.

BOB is gonna have his choice of jobs.

I don't understand how Grigson is safe, he's the one who has built that shit roster. Without Luck they are a 1 win team.

Colts went something like 6-3 last year without Luck...

Spinluck

@BradWellsNFL

Sorry ColtsGAF

So the rumor about Manning was true?

Pagano is probably staying. I don't see the point in waiting this long to let him go. It's a fucking no brainer.

LOL Grigson. Irsay really does owe any success he's ever had to Manning and Polian.

That's not real food. You need to get some culture in your life and eat something authentic, like a burrito supreme or nachos bel grande.

Colts went something like 6-3 last year without Luck...

Last years team was really different. Luck was also playing games he shouldn't have been playing in last year.

MechDX

After that tweet Sweeney posted squicken may be right. Waiting to see what happens to BOB. Hire him ASAP when fired and tell Grigson he will be bobs gopher.

My Colts future is happening. At least I will have a QB finally

Will Narag welcome me with open arms?

I just had a sushi burrito for lunch.

Meh I'd rather just have some sashimi or rolls instead

While I agree that sushi/sashimi/maki are generally better, they cost more if you want to get as full as the burritos make you. The burritos are a tasty budget conscious way of getting a similar flavor profile. The burritos cost like $10, whereas a single spicy tuna roll at lunch costs like $6-8 around here, and is 1/2 or 1/3 the size.

Hindl

You guys jealous of all these first round picks that are not actually first round picks?

It's legitimately infuriating. Can't wait for Marlon Humphrey, Mike Williams, and Derek Barnett to all somehow fall to the Cowboys this draft

Dishwalla

Banned
LOTS of Raiders/Chargers relocation talk/rumors out there the last 24 hours:

Raiders would relinquish the rights to L.A. and the owners will vote for the Vegas relocation. Talk is still that they would stay in Oakland for at least two years (I don't buy it), but could move to Sam Boyd stadium (which would add seats and renovate the locker rooms) if the NFL prefers they leave the Oakland market immediately. If this happens, those early season games in Vegas would be ridiculously hot.

Chargers would maintain rights to L.A. but would continue to try and get a stadium done with San Diego with the NFL potentially offering to bridge a deal (100-200 million). This would be paid back over 10-20 years, like a relocation fee. Hopes would be to get a stadium deal done in 2018, if not they would then relocate to L.A., and re-brand the team.

NFL/CBS would broadcast Raider games in the L.A. market for AT LEAST two years as a defacto home market team. This could go longer depending on what happens with the Chargers.
Yeah, reading about this on Raider Forums it's crazy how much of a done deal this seems to be. And it's not exactly a bad deal either, there's a few kinks like the part about the Raiders potentially playing in Oakland until 2019/2020, or the prospect of them playing in a tiny open air stadium temporarily, but in the long run this is what seems best for the three NFL teams provided the Chargers can get SD to work with them. Kroenke is potentially looking at having Los Angeles all to himself if this all works out, just like he wanted.

Guess we'll see what happens next week.

Most wins this season vs. playoff teams: Tennessee 5, Green Bay 5, New England 4, Philadelphia 4.
Fewest wins this season versus playoff teams: Detroit 0

Also noteworthy Miami 1, Oakland 1, Houston 2, Atlanta 2, Pittsburgh 2.

Gigglepoo

Most wins this season vs. playoff teams: Tennessee 5, Green Bay 5, New England 4, Philadelphia 4.
Fewest wins this season versus playoff teams: Detroit 0

Also noteworthy Miami 1, Oakland 1, Houston 2, Atlanta 2, Pittsburgh 2.

Most wins this seasons vs. Rams: San Francisco 2

We did it!

Top Bottom