• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

Wow Jarvis Landry fined $48,000 fucking dollars for his td celebration. just.....priorities still in order at the NFL headquarters. How many players with a recent DUI playing this week?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wow Jarvis Landry fined $48,000 fucking dollars for his td celebration. just.....priorities still in order at the NFL headquarters. How many players with a recent DUI playing this week?

The fines for celebrations are pretty damn ridiculous but I think the NFL does the best job it can for off the field issues. They can certaintly improve but it's not an easy job.

The Seahawks are more vulnerable than you think

ALLEN PARK -- The Seahawks haven't lost at home in the playoffs since 2004, while the Lions haven't won anywhere in the playoffs since 1993. And haven't won on the road since 1957.

The Seahawks have won six playoff games the last three seasons, while the Lions have won one in the last 59.

So it comes as little surprise the Lions are a massive eight-point underdog for Saturday's game in Seattle against the NFC West champs. That's the second-longest odds of the opening weekend.

Few are giving them a shot.

"Figures," guard Larry Warford said, sighing deeply. "(Bleeping) people."

Bleeping people are down on the Lions, and understandably so. They've lost three straight, they're basically down to one running back, their quarterback is dealing with a dislocated throwing finger and their defense allowed 73 points the last two weeks against the kind of mobile quarterbacks they'll face in Seattle.

The Seahawks are 2-2 in four games without their All-Pro safety. They finished the season by losing at home against Arizona (7-8-1), then hanging on by just two against dysfunctional San Francisco (2-14).

Green Bay hung 38 points on that defense. Arizona hung 34.

"Obviously, Earl brings a mentality to them," Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford said. "He's an extremely aggressive player. Trusts his eyes probably more than any safety I've ever seen, and the young guy they've got filling in for him doesn't as much."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...more_vulnerabl.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Somehow, someway I think we'll win this game. Going to be real tough against playoff Russell but the one thing the Lions defense does pretty well is not giving up the long play.

Super hyped for the game though, can't wait.

cdyhybrid

the one thing the Lions defense does pretty well is not giving up the long play

DAVIS HSU ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 13h
FO has Lions Defense at 32 DVOA, 32 wDVOA, 32 versus the Pass, 23 versus the run. #seahawks

Fm1dCEK.png

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
DAVIS HSU ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 13h
FO has Lions Defense at 32 DVOA, 32 wDVOA, 32 versus the Pass, 23 versus the run. #seahawks

Fm1dCEK.png

I had to Google what the hell DVOA means because I've seen it used here a couple of times. I still don't understand what it means or how it's used to rank the Lions defense 32. I appreciate advanced metrics though

I can tell you by watching almost every Lions game this year the defense is bad. Especially at the start of the season which no doubt factors into the rankings.

When I've seen the Seahawks and Russell play I've seen him scramble or go through a read and throw a bomb which somehow connects. That doesn't really happen because our Safety Glover Quin plays the deep ball pretty damn well.

As most saw against the Packers the defense just lacks the playmakers and ferociousness we had in 2014 with Suh. We still have Darius Slay, Glover Quin and a hobbled Ziggy Ansah.

I'm just holding out hope the offense can control the tempo because if they can, I think we'll somehow win. Call it blind faith.

Bitanator

I had to Google what the hell DVOA means because I've seen it used here a couple of times. I still don't understand what it means or how it's used to rank the Lions defense 32. I appreciate advanced metrics though

I can tell you by watching almost every Lions game this year the defense is bad. Especially at the start of the season which no doubt factors into the rankings.

When I've seen the Seahawks and Russell play I've seen him scramble or go through a read and throw a bomb which somehow connects. That doesn't really happen because our Safety Glover Quin plays the deep ball pretty damn well.

As most saw against the Packers the defense just lacks the playmakers and ferociousness we had in 2014 with Suh. We still have Darius Slay, Glover Quin and a hobbled Ziggy Ansah.

I'm just holding out hope the offense can control the tempo because if they can, I think we'll somehow win. Call it blind faith.

I'm pulling for your lions, just because it means Dallas will not face the Giants/Packers

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I can go a whole day just watching 30 for 30. Great films

If you guys can, watch OJ: Made in America. I got it as a gift, but it's well worth the $18 it's on Amazon right now.

I actually avoided watching it when it came out because I thought "what more can I know about the OJ trial". Football almost takes a backseat to all the socio-political stuff in it. I started the first episode and at 4 A.M. the next morning I did not want to go to sleep to finish it.

I still remember at elementary school in L.A. when my 2nd grade teacher wheeled out the T.V. just to watch the verdict and her saying something to the effect "I can't believe it" when the Not Guilty verdict came in

Line_HTX

I'll be watching other things since it's a better use of time and I flat out refuse to watch another Brock start. I don't really give a shit, to be honest.

The Lions starting center is out and they might not have one of their guards.

Stafford and his broken finger with a different center sounds like potential disaster.

Bitanator

Stafford and his broken finger with a different center sounds like potential disaster.

I believe in Stafford to get it done, Dak and the Boys hopes are hanging on the Lions to win, I'm having nightmares of the Giants D plowing through everyone in route to the big one. Last thing I need is Eli being granted another devils favor and beating the Patriots again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I believe in Stafford to get it done, Dak and the Boys hopes are hanging on the Lions to win, I'm having nightmares of the Giants D plowing through everyone in route to the big one. Last thing I need is Eli being granted another devils favor and beating the Patriots again.

This was the year after all that we learned the secret behind Eli's magic beating the Pats: The Giants are unabashed cheaters and it takes a cheater to beat a cheater. Seahawks just didn't have enough Adderall to get the job done and I have no idea what the Packers and Bears did in those Superb Owls.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Fuck, I guess it just got announced because Travis Swanson was listed as Questionable. Saw an update as of 2 minutes ago

The Offensive Line hasn't been the same since he's been out, he was having a hell of a year.

You have to worry if Travis Swanson will ever play again. I think he's been out 4 weeks now with a concussion/brain injury. We may be without our starting Right Tackle, Riley Reiff, too =/

“For New York Jets fans clamoring for Christian Hackenberg and wondering why the rookie quarterback never got his chance this season, the answer was evident to others within the organization,” Schefter reports. “One Jets coach said Hackenberg ‘couldn't hit the ocean.’ Another team official said Hackenberg has regressed throughout this season; he's struggled with his play and his confidence.”

dead2.gif

Happy "The Meteorologists Lied Because There Aint No Snow And Its All Just a Conspiracy Between Big Weather and The Grocery Stores" Saturday!

If that's too big a mouthful, just call it Playoff Saturday

Steve-Smith.gif

BigAT

Pk0rNZN.gif

Up much earlier than I'd like to be, but now that we're less than a week away from the SWITCH™ stream I can't help it. Every morning feels like Christmas morning!

Dane Brugler ‏ @ dpbrugler 1m 1 minute ago
Talking to NFL folks, Deshaun Watson initiated the possibility of playing in the Senior Bowl. I dug into the details http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/Coll...shaun-Watson-to-scouting-event/6851483749318/ …
Hmm maybe he will attend.

C1iKqttUAAAR92t.jpg

Benjamin Allbright
Benjamin Allbright – Verified account ‏@AllbrightNFL

If this was directed at me @TonyGrossi I had never heard of you before today. It wasnt a "shot" it was correction. Learn the sport you cover https://twitter.com/_Jimbo_Slice_79/status/817555811048292352 …

Benjamin Allbright
Benjamin Allbright – Verified account ‏@AllbrightNFL

A guy I've never heard of, that barely knows the sport he covers, thinks I was "trying to make a name for myself" off him.

I've seen it all
C1i0Nv3UUAAe7Py.jpg

Not my pics
🤔🤔🤔

If you guys can, watch OJ: Made in America. I got it as a gift, but it's well worth the $18 it's on Amazon right now.

I actually avoided watching it when it came out because I thought "what more can I know about the OJ trial". Football almost takes a backseat to all the socio-political stuff in it. I started the first episode and at 4 A.M. the next morning I did not want to go to sleep to finish it.

I still remember at elementary school in L.A. when my 2nd grade teacher wheeled out the T.V. just to watch the verdict and her saying something to the effect "I can't believe it" when the Not Guilty verdict came in

2nd grade? Wow. I was in 11th grade. I thought you were older Kas.

Hunter S.

Rooting for the Raiders for two reasons.

1) Along with the the Chefs and the Squeelers the Raiders have the best chance to defeat the banal and unscrupulous Patriots.

2) The AFC South hardly even deserves a playoff team, but in this case of sports, there must be rules to prevent the kind of anarchy Chokeland loves.

this_guy

Morning GAF. Texans are gonna do it today and beat the Raiders in quite possibly the worst NFL playoff game ever. I will be eating McNuggets tomorrow.

Top Bottom