• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG Fighting League presents Rice-Eater's SSFIVÆ Online Tourney Streaming Live 2/25

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
x3YQL.png

════════════════════════════════════〈Presents〉

J0Biv.jpg

════════════════════════════════════〈What is〉

We of the NeoGAF fighting game community, is the most popular of all communities not named SRK within the fighting game community as a whole itself. Top players gives us shoutouts and our tournaments threads are viewed by outsiders and tournament players alike. Members of the FGC are always trying to get GAF accounts. Mods and Evilore himself have attended tournaments and Majors. Active members would like to see GAF's FGC grow even bigger.

════════════════════════════════════〈Rules and Guidelines〉

♦ Will be streamed live via my channel. http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe
at approximately 8 PM Eastern 5 PM Pacific.

The stream will be high quality 60fps so make sure your PC and Internet speeds are adequate and Adobe flash software is up to date. Torrents or programs affecting your download speed and PC CPU should not be running.

♦ Random character selection for all matches
♦ Will be played via Tournament Mode
♦ Rounds will be 4 out of 7
♦ Coaching via stream chat will be allowed
♦ There will be two different tournaments, one for Xbox 360 and one for Playstation 3

════════════════════════════════════〈Confirmed Participants〉

53uWM.png
GAF players

♦ Jlai
♦ BlackVegeta
♦ Kyored
♦ Lost Fragment
♦ gunbladeV
♦ goldlion054
♦ Axis
♦ Eissan

gSvwX.png
GAF players

♦ cloudius
♦ narcosis
♦ professor beef
♦ Immort4l
♦ Rickenslacker
♦ kev_huevo
♦ Hikarutilmitt
♦ morro!

════════════════════════════════════〈Sponsors〉

This tournament is sponsored in part by....

eZUcZ.png

MarkMan, our resident Arcade stick expert and Madcatz go to guy as well as the FGC's version of Santa wants to throw in prizes.

For Madcatz arcade sticks and accessories, you can always stop by his thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207393

════════════════════════════════════〈Prizes〉

♦ A copy of the upcoming Capcom game Street Fighter X Tekken for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 will be rewarded to the winning player of each console.

XZmKK.jpg
yqwc9.jpg

♦
dS7M7.png
will throw in shirts and Keychains.

You can see their selection of shirts (and various other items) at the Madcatz store.
http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=332

And for the keychains. They're in his pants. I'll beat them out of him.

♦ I will personally throw in Xbox Live points and Playstation Network credit.

════════════════════════════════════〈Special thanks to〉

♦ Evilore- Without NG, we don't exist. And for his support of the scene itself.
♦ Capcom- For bringing about a new renaissance for fighting games. Street Fighter X Tekken will be their third major release.
♦ Madcatz. The number one sponsor in the actual FGC and MarkMan's ever dying support of gaming period, yet alone the FGC.
♦ Anybody who has helped contributed to this, Rice-Eater himself for the tournament. The NeoGAF stream monsters, players, scrubs, lurkers and supporters alike.

Just a quick explanation about my format for those who are curious. This is random select because I wanted luck to play a big factor in the giveaway. Skill still matters, but I didn't want that to be the determining factor. Some players are just better than others, to even the playing fields more that's why I chose to make it random select. I will admit, this will bring down the quality of the matches. But I wanted this to be more like a raffle rather than a tournament for these guys to test themselves.

And if you guys are watching and also SF4 players yourself, you could participate in the game if you like. Say if someone ends up with someone they don't know how to play. Well you can get in there and try to tell them what they should and shouldn't be doing. Hell if you want to sabotage them then be my guest. Audience participation is a factor although the players could very well choose to just ignore us altogether and just do what they want to do.

Again good luck to the participants and if you decide to watch I hope you enjoy it.

Tobe

Is there a chance of getting in the tourney? Ill watch anyways, hope we can get soomething like this for marvel as well.

And big shout outs to Kadey for blowing this up. I was just like "yo SFxT is coming out soon, I'll do a give away". Kadey's like "nah dawg, you're doing it wrong, this is how it should be done. Thread on GAF, get Markman and Mad Catz involved, spread the word and get more people to watch".

This fun looks as hell. Format is going to lead to a whole of silliness

shoutouts to Rice-Eater for heading this thing and Kadey+Markman for stepping the realness up a notch

And another person drops out, Axis(aka Vexco) is out and RB is in. Apparently Vex is feeling unsure about his chances since he can't herp and derp his way to victory(j/k man), no matter RB is stepping up to the plate.

Robot Pants

If only I didn't have to work tonight I probably would have been able to compete...and lose :/
Oh well, will watch though.

Please say the Xbox tourney is first. I don't think I'll be available until after 630pm PST. If I'm not logged into ps3 by then, please have someone (maybe the_log_ride?) take my spot.

I'm dont think I'll be home for about another 2 hours :(

Good luck guys

are we getting this going soon? I'm ready to drop all of my links and combos

Also, big thanks to everyone who is putting this on and making it so much bigger than it has to be. FG Gaf blows things up

Top Bottom