• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tourney Weekly: Capcom Pro Tour Asia Finals (3 weeks till Capcom Cup) & more

since nemo beat kindevu, nemo will play poongko in grand finals

Game differential is the first tie breaker, then head to head I guess. Kindevu is +4 while Nemo is +3. That's why it's Poongko vs Kindevu.

I'm rooting for Poongko, but I have to admit that part of me wants to see see Kindevu get in Capcom Cup with 7 points or whatever he has lol.

pixelish

Game differential is the first tie breaker, then head to head I guess. Kindevu is +4 while Nemo is +3. That's why it's Poongko vs Kindevu.

I'm rooting for Poongko, but I have to admit that part of me wants to see see Kindevu get in Capcom Cup with 7 points or whatever he has lol.

the problem was that zhi said head-to-head was prioritised over game differential

crash-14

So game difference it's the tie breaker?

I don't know how I feel about that. But if Poongko keeps this level I think Misse should be ok (I keep in mind that yesterday it was close).

Kindevu getting in would be awesome. and well deserved. winning the last chance tournament and then winning the actual round robin. Pretty badass.

I don't know why everyone roots for Misse. He has been going around farming points not really placing and would qualify here on points because other people did well. I guess Makoto is cool but it's not like Misse is this world class player who hasn't had a ton of opportunities.

crash-14

I Really want Kindevu to take it.

I rather have him and Misse, thant Dakou and Misse. I really doubt Dreamhack premier event will go to a non already qualified.Unless topanga it's the same weekend and those guys aren't able to go.

4 hour break for 1 match?! Lol wtf. Is it just 3 out of 5? Seems silly to not just get it over with.

grand finals exist as a show match done in the middle of a bunch of other presentations for other companies/games. Like Hearthstone. Game Start is a gaming event like E3. The tournament just takes place there.

And it's FT7. If the runner up wins, they play another FT7.

pixelish

let's have a ft5 round robin between bonchan, nemo, misse and kindevu to determine who gets 2nd place right now instead of a 4 hour break...

well poongko just tweeted this
Angry PoongKo ‏@efpoongko 3m
Me VS Nemo cominsoon!!!!

that doesn't make sense for a round robin tournament, there'd be no reason to track points since there has to be a winner in each matchup.

There is a reason.

Player A is 5-3
Player B is 5-3
Player C is 5-3

Player A beat Player B
Player B beat Player C
Player C beat Player A

game differential then becomes the tie breaker

16BitNova

grand finals exist as a show match done in the middle of a bunch of other presentations for other companies/games. Like Hearthstone. Game Start is a gaming event like E3. The tournament just takes place there.

And it's FT7. If the runner up wins, they play another FT7.

Ohh ok gotcha. So this will be 2 am Pacific then?

Elena is love?

Always.
elena_win.gif

Top Bottom