• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tourney Weekly: Capcom Pro Tour Asia Finals (3 weeks till Capcom Cup) & more

Poongko reallt has my respect like Bonchan. Both of these guys constantly had their characters nothing but nerfed in every version of the game yet stuck with them, adapted their play style & still found a way to win at the highest level. Much respect.

Tripon

Poongko reallt has my respect like Bonchan. Both of these guys constantly had their characters nothing but nerfed in every version of the game yet stuck with them, adapted their play style & still found a way to win at the highest level. Much respect.
Poongko has an Fuetre that he broke out and quickly out back in after a loss and an Elena he is training up. He will bust that shit out if he needs to.

Poongko has an Fuetre that he broke out and quickly out back in after a loss and an Elena he is training up. He will bust that shit out if he needs to.

That's the nature of USFIV, it's a game based on match ups & counter picking so it'd be silly to not have some sort of secondary but still doean't change the fact he is doing so well with Seth.

Sayad

That's the nature of USFIV, it's a game based on match ups & counter picking so it'd be silly to not have some sort of secondary but still doean't change the fact he is doing so well with Seth.
That's not different from, say, Daigo doing well with E-Ryu, Kazunoko with Yun, or Nemo with Rolento, Seth is one of the better characters in the game! Nothing like Bonchan sticking with Sagat.

That's not different from, say, Daigo doing well with E-Ryu, Kazunoko with Yun, or Nemo with Rolento, Seth is one of the better characters in the game! Nothing like Bonchan sticking with Sagat.

Seth is not one of the best characters in the game lol. Maybe you never read his change log but he is pretty weak in this game. Remember Poongko is winning play footsies with Seth who has the 2nd slowest walk speed in the game.

Lulubop

Seth is not one of the best characters in the game lol. Maybe you never read his change log but he is pretty weak in this game. Remember Poongko is winning play footsies with Seth who has the 2nd slowest walk speed in the game.

People like Nemo and Snake eyes have him in the top 5, but ok. Listen to ZTS LOL.

Seth is still very good. Top 15 easily.
I'd agree with that, but he lost a lot of his bullshit from AE. And I think he was hit the most with the FADC nerf because that was one of his main mixups (pluss he's a glass cannon so he needs a safe reversal option and he lost some invincibility frames on his fierce DP)..

Seth is still very good. Top 15 easily.

Care to back that statement up? Problem X specifically stated Seth was no longer viable at high level play. Poongko has proven that was wrong but it doesn't change the fact he is in the lower half of the tiers. I can name 15 characters who are better than Seth easy.

E. Ryu, Ken, Adon, Elena, Rolento, Yun, Poison, Fei, Rose, Akuma, Abel, Fuerte, Decapre, Dudley, Gief, Juri, Ibuki, Makoto, C. Viper, Guile, Rufus, Gen, and maybe Hugo.

Seth is in the same tier with Yang, Characters with a lot of tools but the sum of their parts just don't add up to much. The small buffs Seth got to his nuetral game & damage do not off set his huge loss in offensive pressure, damage, and overall utility. He was MAYBE Top 10 in 2012 & the idea that he didn't drop 5+ spots after all of his nerfs & so many characters getting buffed is silly.

People like Nemo and Snake eyes have him in the top 5, but ok. Listen to ZTS LOL.

Justin had Akuma ranked low tier in Vanilla. So what? Didn't Nemo also have Sagat in Top 5? If Seth was top 5 like he was in AE & Vanilla you'd see a lot morw of him like you do E.Ryu & Elena. Also didn't America's #1 Seth Online Tony quit SF4 because he felt Seth wasn't good enough anymore? So both Problem X the best Seth in Europe & Online Tony the best Seth in the US both think the character is not good but we just ignore them?

mbpm1

Ya cos neither are very good in general.

Ryan Hart had a character crisis with Sagat and dropped way off, Bonchan stuck with him and got substantially better.

Tripon

Top tier players can be wrong about where an individual character can be at an new update or patch. It usually takes a while for people to reassess the character true capabilities.

Lulubop

You think at this point into people haven't broken this game down much more than Justin did in Vanilla? Come on. Nemo had Sagat in the top 10 not 5. Even if you don't think he's top 5 Seth is still a strong character.

mbpm1

You think at this point into people haven't broken this game down much more than Justin did in Vanilla? Come on. Nemo had Sagat in the top 10 not 5. Even if you don't think he's top 5 Seth is still a strong character.

We might be having a reverse Deejay problem here though.

Since the cast is relatively closer in terms of tiers to another few characters are impossibly weak or strong.

Tripon

As a reminder, Capcom Cup is in 3 weeks. If you want to write a player profile, please PM me, or I will show I am a Infiltration Stan and say that he is the favorite and everyone else is there to eat ass.

Marz

Care to back that statement up? Problem X specifically stated Seth was no longer viable at high level play. Poongko has proven that was wrong but it doesn't change the fact he is in the lower half of the tiers. I can name 15 characters who are better than Seth easy.

E. Ryu, Ken, Adon, Elena, Rolento, Yun, Poison, Fei, Rose, Akuma, Abel, Fuerte, Decapre, Dudley, Gief, Juri, Ibuki, Makoto, C. Viper, Guile, Rufus, Gen, and maybe Hugo.

Seth is in the same tier with Yang, Characters with a lot of tools but the sum of their parts just don't add up to much. The small buffs Seth got to his nuetral game & damage do not off set his huge loss in offensive pressure, damage, and overall utility. He was MAYBE Top 10 in 2012 & the idea that he didn't drop 5+ spots after all of his nerfs & so many characters getting buffed is silly.

You think Hugo and Guile are on Seths level?

Sayad

I can name 15 characters who are better than Seth easy.

MuMnRFz.png

Justin had Akuma ranked low tier in Vanilla. So what? Didn't Nemo also have Sagat in Top 5? If Seth was top 5 like he was in AE & Vanilla you'd see a lot morw of him like you do E.Ryu & Elena.
You're making it sound like no one play him anymore, there's like 4 Seth users in Capcom Cup Finals, outside E-Ryu and Elena, how many characters have as much representation?

Top Bottom