• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NGA Goin' the Okinaway Invitational.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
NGA Goin' the Okinaway Invitational--Saturday, April 5, 1 PM EDT/5 PM GMT

2005230743656730293_rs.jpg

Important Times
ALL GAF TOURNEYS ARE ON LAST FLOOR, LAST LOBBY.
12:45 EDT--Group Pic! See info above. People assigned to words please line up to the right of me in order (and with a bit of space between each of us) and say your words on 3. Everyone else in front of our row. dkeane snaps the pic!
12:55 EDT--Rooms created. Join BrandonJ335's, MojoZomg's, or AstroLad's rooms!
1:05 EDT--Alternates can join open rooms.
1:10 EDT--Group Leaders start tourneys.

RULES
1. If you are signed up, show up in the GAF Lobby (LAST FLOOR, LAST LOBBY) at 12:45 EDT (or earlier if you want to hang out with the other GAF Miis). 12:45=GROUP PIC TIME!
2. At 12:50 EDT or a little after, the Group Leaders (marked below) will create rooms for the qualifying round. Join any room, but try to join whichever room has the least people (will give you a better chance of qualifying and also make it fairer for all involved). At 1:00 the Group Leaders will post on if they have on open spots (they usually do, my group excepted for some reason--alternates can come in then. At 1:10 EDT, the Group Leaders wil start the matches, so get in before then.
3. After the qualifying round, Group Leaders and first-place finishers will post results, which will be added here (POST SCORES IN THE FORMAT BELOW UNDER "PREVIOUS RESULTS"--RANK, NAME, SCORE, POINTS). The top 2 from each Group are guaranteed spots in the final round. The other spots in the Final will go to wild cards--the highest two remaining scorers among all groups. I will post a list of the Final Round people in this post, and then designate a new Group Leader for the Final to create a room. If you are in the Final, join that room.
4. After the Final, the Group Leader and first-place finisher will post results, which will be added to the OP, with the Top 5 having the glory of being permanently enshrined in the main post OP.
5. GROUP LEADERS: Please print out list of players and ONLY allow those people in. You will get a lot of requests from random non-gaffers that happen to be in the room.

SETTINGS
Course: Okinawa CC (unlock it & the mirror version!)
Holes: Qualifying Rounds- 18 (Regular Tees). Final Round- 18 (Mirror--be sure you have this unlocked; it's one of the very earlier challenges).
Speed: Normal (watch your timer!).
Auto Handicap: Off.
Restricted Entry: Owner Permission (meaning group leader has to OK your entry into room, to keep riffraff out).
Hot Shots Rules: Novice Only (meaning you can only pick among the first row of characters).

Useful Online Features
-You can access your friends list in lobby (only) by pressing Select.
-A little smiley face will indicate if you have friends in a lobby, signed up for a tournament, and within a game room. This is why it's important to beef up your friends list with NGA members!
-At the score screen in a Real Tournament (50-person), you can see only your friends by pressing square twice. This way you can easily see each other talking even if your first and fiftieth! This is not available at the pre-match screen.
-In Created Tourneys (CTs), you can remove the score screen and watch people putting after you're done by pressing right on the d-pad.
-In CTs, you can make everyone else invisible by clicking R3. Click R3 again to make them visible.
-If you get "banned" for quitting or dropping, just log out and log back on. Good to go!

Qualifying Round Results
Finalists in BOLD
Alternate Finalists in ITALICS
1. AstroLad -15/3927
2. Forensick/Baker -9/3328

3. dkeane/studio810 -8/3360
4. besada -4/2663
5. zerohero 0/2220
6. seveNLayers/tyler TIMED OUT!

1. BrandonJ335/-16/4255
2. JovialCharacter/-15/4034
3. Fair_Witness/-9/3395

4. sefskillz/-7/3160
5. munita/+3/2229
6. RedNumberFive/+3/1760

1. Puma -11 3593
2. TheBigKahuna1 -9 3270
3. Dandare4444 -9 3187

4. Steroyd -6 3004
5. cjdunn -2 2390
6. Mojo -1 2251
7. rhfb -1 2210

Final Results
1. BrandonJ335/-16/4253
2. AstroLad/-11/3629
3. PuMa/-10/3397
4. Thebigkahuna1/-7/3210
5. Fair_witness/-7/3124
6. DanDare4444/-4/2695
7. JovialCharacter/-3/1820 - DNF12
8. Forensick/-3/1004 - DNF6

GAF Voice Chat Server (thanks to TheExodu5)
ip: raiders.nationvoice.com
port: 3930
http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Previous Results
HSG5 Early Bird Open Top 5
1. BrandonJ335/-16/4327
2. JovialCharacter/-16/4226
3. AstroLad/-15/4029
4. Thebigkahuna1/-12/3809
5. Bshock/-10/3517

NGA Lubbock Funvitational Top 5
1. BrandonJ335 -16/4365
2. seveNLayers -13/3860
3. SilverNGold -12/3721
4. AstroLad -11/3765
5. rhfb -9/3380

Count me in for this one! I meant to attend the first tourney, but screwed up the time. Never again will I suffer this folly!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just a reminder: Be sure to unlock Okinawa and Okinawa Back Tee or you won't be able to join the matches. It's the second course and you should get it and its back tee within a few hours of gaming, but you've been forewarned!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright just posted the uber-dorky, uber-radical (if I do say so myself) group pic info in the OP. Sign up to get a word and become a part of NGA history! Only four words remaining!

therapist

Im in.

Sorry i missed the last tourney guys , but i had tests and crap coming up , one on wed last week , now one today and one again on wednesday , god damn ccna!

(I had school last saturday ..)

Anyways see you guys saturday...

Also i picked up cod4 ps3 for 39.99 if any1 wants to play - JovialCharacter is my psn!

On another note , its funny beating the crap out of gold cross guys when you're a level 5 noob, lawl.

TheExodu5

Banned
AstroLad said:
Alright just posted the uber-dorky, uber-radical (if I do say so myself) group pic info in the OP. Sign up to get a word and become a part of NGA history! Only four words remaining!

Word?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
TheExodu5 said:

Congratulations you're word is "Goin'"! Basically five people will line up like in the pic above and say the name of the invitational the rest of the gaffers will be in front and official NGA photographer and curator of NGA Films dkeane will snap a pic.

TheExodu5

Banned
AstroLad said:
Congratulations you're word is "Goin'"! Basically five people will line up like in the pic above and say the name of the invitational the rest of the gaffers will be in front and official NGA photographer and curator of NGA Films dkeane will snap a pic.

Ahh I see. Couldn't see the pic from work so I had no idea :lol. Sure, I'll be Goin'!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
TheExodu5 said:
Ahh I see. Couldn't see the pic from work so I had no idea :lol. Sure, I'll be Goin'!

Talamius saying "group pic" in that picture just gave me the idea. For some reason I found the pic looked funny as hell.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hell yeah

i'm assigning you the word "the" for our group pic. just b/c you strike me as an article-lovin' kinda guy.

Baker

Banned
Yay, I'll actually be around for this one. I can't remember the last time I've been home over the weekend.

PSN: Forensick

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woot woot

I'm also assigning you to say the word "Invitational!" Alex, and since you have a kb easy peasy!

dkeane

Alex Anderson said:
Hey, yo.

Alex Anderson/BrandonJ335. I'm cool with being a Group Leader (per your PM)
Well at least we know who will win :)
Can we choose a better lobby? Like the campfire or something. Should be a better game this weekend. I'm pumping up my novice character. Look out!

Is okinawa the one with the annoying bird/bug noises? So obnoxious!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
studio810 said:
Hey my friend would like in this week. Cool?

His PSN: nongaffer / evunyerobots

Sure but he'll just need to check the regular thread (I'll post qualifying restuls there as well as here, but everything else will go here) or with you to check if he's a wild card if need be.

PuMa

studio810 said:
Is okinawa the one with the annoying bird/bug noises? So obnoxious!

Oh man, that noise is horrible. What were they thinking?

Hey Astro, can you add me to this tourney? I missed last weekend, but that was just because I'm and idiot and I couldn't find the lobby GAF was meeting in...doh. I read the OP this time. :D

PSN: PuMa

Count me in. psn= DirtyWater

edit- Err sorry, didn't read the fine print!

Just a reminder: Be sure to unlock Okinawa and Okinawa Back Tee or you won't be able to join the matches. It's the second course and you should get it and its back tee within a few hours of gaming, but you've been forewarned!

I think I'm on the first character challenge, Sophie or something. How many challenges do I have to go?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Count me in. psn= DirtyWater

edit- Err sorry, didn't read the fine print!

I think I'm on the first character challenge, Sophie or something. How many challenges do I have to go?

Not that much. Okinawa is the second course, and you just have to unlock the back tee variant. Maybe a few hours of Challenge Mode total?

dkeane

AstroLad said:
Sure but he'll just need to check the regular thread (I'll post qualifying restuls there as well as here, but everything else will go here) or with you to check if he's a wild card if need be.
Will do, thanks for setting all this up astro!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
thebigkahuna said:
I'm in before alternate! :D
I thought about taking a week off but I can't resist the Dorky Awesome Group Picture.

:D nice. The funny thing is my weekends have been pretty crazy with work and continue to be but I've always managed to sneak in some fun tourney action.

Sign up for alternates! We'll need them as always. I think in both tourneys we called on every alternate available.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
cjdunn said:
Oh crap, 24 already! Well then put me in as an alt, please.

Like I said you will almost definitely get in. Basically at 1 EDT just go ahead and go into whichever room has the fewest people. Ideally they'll all have 8, but it usually breaks down to 8 (mine, always, damn competition)/5/5 or like last week 8/8/0 :lol, although that was just due to a flukey connection thing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Important Times
12:45 EDT--Group Pic! See info above. People assigned to words please line up to the right of me in order (and with a bit of space between each of us) and say your words on 3. Everyone else in front of our row. dkeane snaps the pic!
1:00 EDT--Alternates can join open rooms.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ps I changed the words for our group pic so we can just use it as a general pic (since it's such an undertaking), here are the new words:

Neo: AstroLad
GAF: TheExodu5
Golf: Mojovonio
Association: tyler
!: Alex Anderson

dkeane

AstroLad said:
Important Times
1:00 EDT--Alternates can join open rooms.
Don't forget I have to be somewhere in the center to get everyone on screen. We're so organized. Amazing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
studio810 said:
Don't forget I have to be somewhere in the center to get everyone on screen. We're so organized. Amazing.

Yeah and hopefully people can kind of scoot around so that we can see everyone's name. This is truly the dorkiest thing I have ever done, which is saying a lot.

Chris R

Would be nice to see more traditional people in the final group this time :lol Hoping my tax return is large enough to warrant a new tv so I can see stuff better :( This and PJM are so damn hard to see because they don't go to 4:3

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
rhfb said:
Would be nice to see more traditional people in the final group this time :lol Hoping my tax return is large enough to warrant a new tv so I can see stuff better :( This and PJM are so damn hard to see because they don't go to 4:3

Hey 3/8 traditional last time! ;)

Mojovonio

Banned
AstroLad said:
ps I changed the words for our group pic so we can just use it as a general pic (since it's such an undertaking), here are the new words:

Neo: AstroLad
GAF: TheExodu5
Golf: Mojovonio
Association: tyler
!: Alex Anderson

Lol, that'll be so awesome.

Top Bottom