• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NGA Goin' the Okinaway Invitational.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Great 4/8 already.

Was pretty cool how even with wildcards, top 8 made the finals. Also 19 players=most yet.

1 PM EDT tomorrow then. Let me know if you're a finalist/alternate who's on board:

1. AstroLad
2. therapist/JovialCharacter
3. AlexAnderson/BrandonJ335
4. PuMa/PuMa
5. Baker/Forensick
6. FairWitness
7. thebigkahuna

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I can probably make it, but I think I'm third alternate, so I'm way down the list :)

i'll be on and up for some rounds after the final four games are over tonight if anyone wants to play

Strawman

AstroLad said:
oh this is for the finals; the qualifiers were today

Aye, realised that about 15 mins after I posted, thought for a sec the whole tournament was rescheduled.

Least I got in the group pics I suppose, will definitely not join some random strangers game at the next tournament!

Hi guys, yesterday's lobby issues opened a big ass can o connection woes cross my entire setup, and i ha4 to go out 20 mins after it kicked in. I think i made the cut as lowest scorer is that rite??

Edit: Nvm, saw your pm astro, count me in. Hangover's killing me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Great, so it looks like we've got everyone. I'll see you guys in an hour--last floor, last lobby as usual.

Strawman said:
Aye, realised that about 15 mins after I posted, thought for a sec the whole tournament was rescheduled.

Least I got in the group pics I suppose, will definitely not join some random strangers game at the next tournament!

Happened to Gowans too--it's a British epidemic!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright, alternates can come into the room at 1:05 (currently one spot--where art though brandon/alex?). Gonna start at 1:10 or when last person gets there if earlier.

Baker

Banned
I really really really hate that hole.

I cannot figure out how to get a good angle on it for the second shot.

It also didn't help that my drive randomly hit that first tree and I was shooting from the jungle the entire time, hehe.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
lol poor Baker!

well played guys--convincing win by alex; was glad to claw my way to 2nd (best finals finish yet, whoo!) in spite of some horrendous and careless putting early on.

Results:

BrandonJ335/-16/4253
AstroLad/-11/3629
PuMa/-10/3397
Thebigkahuna1/-7/3210
Fair_witness/-7/3124
DanDare4444/-4/2695
JovialCharacter/-3/1820 - DNF12
Forensick/-3/1004 - DNF6

-6 front nine, -10 back nine for me... I keep starting slow.

cjdunn

Alex Anderson said:
Results:

BrandonJ335/-16/4253
AstroLad/-11/3629
PuMa/-10/3397
Thebigkahuna1/-7/3210
Fair_witness/-7/3124
DanDare4444/-4/2695
JovialCharacter/-3/1820 - DNF12
Forensick/-3/1004 - DNF6

-6 front nine, -10 back nine for me... I keep starting slow.

Okay, that's ridiculous. We need to split future tourneys into Pro and Amateur or something so the rest of us, who are not battery powered or something, can compete fairly.

Baker

Banned
cjdunn said:
Okay, that's ridiculous. We need to split future tourneys into Pro and Amateur or something so the rest of us, who are not battery powered or something, can compete fairly.

Well, it was the finals. Those people would probably be in the "pro" category anyways if we split it up.

Unless you want to split it up so Brandon is in a tourney all by himself, hehe.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
cjdunn said:

It's not a bad idea, but I think the current system with the multiple rooms, wild cards, and alternate positions means almost everyone has a chance to at least make the finals and lose to brandon.

AstroLad said:
It's not a bad idea, but I think the current system with the multiple rooms, wild cards, and alternate positions means almost everyone has a chance to at least make the finals and lose to brandon.

:lol :lol

Chris R

Next week is Euro and intermediate level people right? If so I need to start building up some heart ratings and do a few dry runs(with incredibly shitty winds since I've never had an online game with good winds)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
rhfb said:
Next week is Euro and intermediate level people right? If so I need to start building up some heart ratings and do a few dry runs(with incredibly shitty winds since I've never had an online game with good winds)

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll make it open to Novice and Intermediate if people feel more comfortable with the Novice characters.

tyler

Congrats Alex. I'd like to think I could have put up a fight if I'd got through the earlier round without facepalming. I'll have my eye on that timer in future. Once bitten...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
tyler said:
Congrats Alex. I'd like to think I could have put up a fight if I'd got through the earlier round without facepalming. I'll have my eye on that timer in future. Once bitten...

That was pretty crazy. Happened to Baker in the Final too.

PuMa

Great tourney everyone!

I agree with Astro that brandon should now be banned...or in a tourney by himself. :lol

therapist

haha sorry about yesterday guys.

I was getting screwed on every shot....

You know when its 42-90% and it gives you 40 , then u go back in the sand...same percentage...same shot yet it gives you 90% and u scream at the game....Yea

THat happened a lot.lol.

Anyways ... sorry to have quit early but obviously i wasn't gonna win anyways lol.

Anyhow , im always up for another tourney.

Ill get you yet , brandonj335. LOLZ

Edit : next time i shall wake up more than 5 mins before tee-off time to avoid grogginess.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol but if you're not having a perfect game don't quit! I can understand quitting if you're playing with a bunch of randoms and not "in it" and don't even care about performing well to finish your round, but the GAF tourneys aren't really about beating Brandon or anything other than just having fun and, if need be, whining about shots and putting abilities (as I am prone to do, the latter at least). That's why people who admit they don't have a chance from the outset play! :D Plus you truly never know what will happen.

Top Bottom