• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Zakkath

If there's room, I'd like to join.

Gamertag: Zakkath
player type: playmaker
position: LW (RW works too)
number: w/e, my picks are all taken already :)
name: Zack Richard

Marvie_3

Banned
Zakkath said:
If there's room, I'd like to join.

Gamertag: Zakkath
player type: playmaker
position: LW (RW works too)
number: w/e, my picks are all taken already :)
name: Zack Richard
You can be #24. Are you picking up the game tomorrow?

Nice avatar too. :D

RS4-

Ok, make my new GT so I could have a free month of Live :lol

it's now "DokterrHouse"

sent FRs to a few of you so far

Marvie_3

Banned
I sent friend requests out to everyone so far from the 'GAF EASHL' metatag.

Who is going to have this tonight at midnight?

Repgnar

I don't plan on picking up until tomorrow morning, around 6 am central. Have class in the morning and at night so i'll be on before class, during midday, and all night. Were teams made or are you guys just gonna wait and see who gets on tomorrow with it?

Marvie_3 said:
I sent friend requests out to everyone so far from the 'GAF EASHL' metatag.

Who is going to have this tonight at midnight?

If I could I would, apparently Philly isn't a big enough hockey town for Gamestop to do any midnight launches and the Walmarts around here aren't reliable, won't be getting mine till tomorrow morning

Marvie_3

Banned
Dmorr07 said:
I don't plan on picking up until tomorrow morning, around 6 am central. Have class in the morning and at night so i'll be on before class, during midday, and all night. Were teams made or are you guys just gonna wait and see who gets on tomorrow with it?
I was going to make the teams as soon as I'm done writing a paper. I was just curious who was going to be on so we could get some practice in.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Marvie_3 said:
I was going to make the teams as soon as I'm done writing a paper. I was just curious who was going to be on so we could get some practice in.
I will try to be on by 815ish EST tomorrow night.

RS4-

I'll play tomorrow, too tired play online tonight. Not sure when I'll play tomorrow, tempted to see MACHETE :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
IHBoc.jpg

GM Scott Baio here.

Randomly drew positions from everyone that said they'd have it Day 1. Had enough players for 3 teams with 3 players leftover. Each team now has 6 or 7 players. Once people starting picking up the game later in the week, we can assign them to a team or set up a 4th team if it's necessary.

Team 1: Name undecided

C - Marvie_3
LW - LiveWire
RW - SnakesWithLasers
LD - Phthisis
RD - Kave_Man
G - N/A
Alternate - DoctorWho

Team 2: Name undecided

C - Sniper McBlaze
LW - RS4-
RW - Zaraki_Kenpachi
LD - TheVisualizer
RD - DenogginizerOS
G - Fixed1979
Alternate - Hardyboy1224

Team 3: Name undecided

C - KingHenrik30
LW - Zakkath
RW - Sefskillz
LD - FightyF
RD - BigJonsson
G - N/A
Alternate - purg3

A few people got switched between LW/RW or LD/RD because we were a bit unbalanced. If you wanted to be a forward, you're a forward, same with Dmen. I'll set up Team 3 as well since no one volunteered. Visualizer will handle Team 2.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Snakes and Marvie together? Wow, tell me these drawings weren't fixed...
Dude, there was a 1 in 3 chance. I numbered everyone at each position and found a random number generator onlne and drew that way. Hardyboy and Snakes have been friends for a long time in real life. If it was rigged, don't you think they'd end up on the same roster? I already have one person who isn't happy that I refused to fix the rosters. Random was the only fair way to do it.

Zakkath

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Got into the FFXIV beta which may mean limited play from me...

Don't worry about that. You'll get bored before level 15. I'm lev11 and I'm already bored playing this game. I don't think I'll touch it for at least a week and see if they can fix their shit.

NHL '11 should be a lot more fun.

Marvie_3 said:
Dude, there was a 1 in 3 chance. I numbered everyone at each position and found a random number generator onlne and drew that way. Hardyboy and Snakes have been friends for a long time in real life. If it was rigged, don't you think they'd end up on the same roster? I already have one person who isn't happy that I refused to fix the rosters. Random was the only fair way to do it.

No, you had a choice and right wing and you chose. :'( It just hurts is all...

Edit: I think Visualizer wants dibs on the ice cream jerseys. Those are the only ones he mentioned the other night when we played. :lol

Zakkath said:
Don't worry about that. You'll get bored before level 15. I'm lev11 and I'm already bored playing this game. I don't think I'll touch it for at least a week and see if they can fix their shit.

NHL '11 should be a lot more fun.

I only said it to bust Marvie but he just seems angry most of the time now. :( Patch has to take less than the 6d and 4h it's calculating now too. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
No, you had a choice and right wing and you chose. :'( It just hurts is all...

Edit: I think Visualizer wants dibs on the ice cream jerseys. Those are the only ones he mentioned the other night when we played. :lol

I only said it to bust Marvie but he just seems angry most of the time now. :( Patch has to take less than the 6d and 4h it's calculating now too. :lol
Eventually people are going to drop out and we'll end up as one team anyway. I just wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to play. Randomly drawing teams was a good way to try and get vets and newbies introduced as well.

I'll hopefully have the game in just over an hour(provided my Walmart doesn't fuck me over) so I'll be able to post a bunch of new jersey options with the new logos/customizations.

Edit: I'm angry all the time. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Eventually people are going to drop out and we'll end up as one team anyway. I just wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to play. Randomly drawing teams was a good way to try and get vets and newbies introduced as well.

I'll hopefully have the game in just over an hour(provided my Walmart doesn't fuck me over) so I'll be able to post a bunch of new jersey options with the new logos/customizations.

Edit: I'm angry all the time. :lol

I blame college and trying to make you think and putting all them crazy ideas in your head. We all knew it was trouble... :D And walmart? What will you do without your preorder equipment!?!?! :O?

LiveWire

Downloaded the demo this weekend, did pretty well getting open and setting up scoring opportunities, just couldn't find the back of the net against the Blackhawks until the 2nd OT. Really enjoyed faceoffs--I haven't played NHL since 07 and I don't recall that being in the game then.

Thanks for setting us all up Marv, can't wait to play some tomorrow after work.

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
Downloaded the demo this weekend, did pretty well getting open and setting up scoring opportunities, just couldn't find the back of the net against the Blackhawks until the 2nd OT. Really enjoyed faceoffs--I haven't played NHL since 07 and I don't recall that being in the game then.

Thanks for setting us all up Marv, can't wait to play some tomorrow after work.
You had problems scoring because you were playing against the Blackhawks, not the Penguins.

Faceoff engine is new for this year. I need to practice a bunch tonight with it.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Holy shit, another Redskins fan on our team? Represent!
Pssht.....

35lvh3l.jpg

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Marvie_3 said:
You had problems scoring because you were playing against the Blackhawks, not the Penguins.

Faceoff engine is new for this year. I need to practice a bunch tonight with it.

Pssht.....

35lvh3l.jpg

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

What was Niemi's stats in the finals again?

Marvie_3

Banned
Decided to pop in NHL 10 one last time and check my final stats:

1212 GP
687 goals
687 assists
1374 PTS
1880 PIM

The PIM's surpised me. I figured I'd have way more. I remember being happy about breaking 1000 way back around oct/nov. Of course, I was averaging about 2 fights per game then too. :lol

RS4-

I wish I had my stats :( I think I only squeezed in 140 games or so before that rrod hit me and my live ran out.

Marvie, how come you get 2 teams to captain and I only get 1? And your the goddamn GM too? TOO MUCH POWER!

I'll have Team 2 setup tomorrow morning when I get the game

Team 2 assemble! I'll send you guys friend requests, let me know what you want to roll with for each of the following:

1) team name
2) logo
3) jersey colors & type

This team will be a democracy and I it's dictator...:D

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Marvie, how come you get 2 teams to captain and I only get 1? And your the goddamn GM too? TOO MUCH POWER!

Team 2 assemble! I'll send you guys friend requests, let me know what you want to roll with for each of the following:

1) team name
2) logo
3) jersey colors & type

:lol

Nobody else volunteered, so I'm just setting up Team 3 with the metatag.

TheVisualizer said:

1) team name
2) logo
3) jersey colors & type

Make me co-captain. I want power too dammit. :mad:

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Make me co-captain. I want power too dammit. :mad:

I believe the title in hockey is "Alternate Captain" and you can have it after you donate to my paypal fund, $20 will be more than acceptable

edit: Alternate Captain, not Assistant..shows how much I know :lol

RS4-

Give the A to he who scores the first goal :lol

Haha Marvie, it was like 16 or something wasn't it? Didn't you have the most penalty minutes in a game?

TheVisualizer said:
I believe the title in hockey is "Alternate Captain" and you can have it after you donate to my paypal fund, $20 will be more than acceptable

edit: Alternate Captain, not Assistant..shows how much I know :lol

I wasn't sure if they used that actual terminology or not. I have no idea how clubs are setup actually. :lol

TheVisualizer said:
I like your idea but we can't afford to wait a whole month to name the Alternate Captain :lol

Most hits it is then! I'll take RS4 to school. :lol
Just give me the A already. You know I'm the only one who deserves it's power. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
And big fucking surprise, Walmart lost their shipment. Shouldn't be surprised given the group of inbred, mullet sporting, mouth breathers they have working there. So now I have to wait until tomorrow morning.

RS4- said:
Give the A to he who scores the first goal :lol

Haha Marvie, it was like 16 or something wasn't it? Didn't you have the most penalty minutes in a game?
19. All the records are on that stats page. I know I had the PIM record but it still says Jonsson has it. I had 30+ one game. :lol

TheVisualizer said:
I like your idea but we can't afford to wait a whole month to name the Alternate Captain :lol
:lol

TheVisualizer said:
That makes 2 of us, and was why I was such a fine choice for captain :lol
It's really easy. Shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes. If you need help, I'll walk you through it.

I think each team having 2-3 GM's would be a good idea. That way if any roster moves need to be made, it'll be easier to find someone on to do it.

Marvie_3 said:
It's really easy. Shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes. If you need help, I'll walk you through it.

I think each team having 2-3 GM's would be a good idea. That way if any roster moves need to be made, it'll be easier to find someone on to do it.

Sucks about Walmart, that's the reason I didn't even bother making the trip out there. Sounds good about the multiple GM's. Got some more ideas for jersey colors, just browsed thru a copy of the original Mighty Ducks movie and pulled out screencaps for all of the obscure teams besides the Ducks and Hawks, take a look...

UNKNOWN TEAM NAME (yellow/orange/gray/black)
unknown.png

JETS (neon orange/light teal/white)
jets.png

HUSKIES (royal blue/red/white)
huskies.png

HORNETS (yellow/brown/white)
hornets.png

CARDINALS (red/black/white)
cardinals.png

If none of these designs fly, I'm liking the beaver logo, was browsing the urban dictionary and found a bunch of hilarious ways the word beaver is used in a sentence, here are some of the better ones I turned up for possible team names if we go with the beaver logo:

Feed The Beaver
Sweet Beaver
Eat A Beaver
Hairiest Beaver
Her Beaver Bit Me
Beave Action

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beaver
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beave

I especially like Sweet Beaver if we go with the Ice Cream jerseys Marvie came up with...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Sucks about Walmart, that's the reason I didn't even bother making the trip out there. Sounds good about the multiple GM's.

I especially like Sweet Beaver if we go with the Ice Cream jerseys Marvie came up with...
The one here is less than 2 miles away so it's not a huge journey to get there. The 20-30 people waiting in line were pissed though.

The ice cream jerseys are all yours. :lol

Edit: What the fuck is up with the stripes on one leg only for those Cardinals jerseys?:lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Ok, I went and looked for the ugliest jerseys I could find. As long as we don't wear anything as bad as these, we'll be fine.

QBUOa.png

1kvrt.jpg
(Dastardly loves these)
x9Er9.jpg

SgETH.jpg

e2X0z.jpg

xpzE1.jpg

hXgJK.jpg

Ap1ca.gif

81 GP
11 Goals
34 Assists
45 Points
277 PIM
3 PPG
0 SHG
158 Hits
78 Blocked Shots
727 Shots
1.5 Shot % :lol

Going to pick up the game around noon, will be online 15 minutes after that :)

BigJonsson25 on XBL, lets raaaaage at cheap fucks again

Wait, we have different teams this year? I assume that if only 5 of us are online from this thread we'll just play together again like last year?

Marvie_3

Banned
BigJonsson said:
81 GP
11 Goals
34 Assists
45 Points
277 PIM
3 PPG
0 SHG
158 Hits
78 Blocked Shots
727 Shots
1.5 Shot % :lol

Going to pick up the game around noon, will be online 15 minutes after that :)

BigJonsson25 on XBL, lets raaaaage at cheap fucks again

Wait, we have different teams this year? I assume that if only 5 of us are online from this thread we'll just play together again like last year?
That's a horrible shot %. :lol

We'll probably just set up a private game or all huddle into an OTP lobby. I highly doubt you can play for a different EASHL team while you're on the roster of another.
TheVisualizer said:
I like how Marvie slipped the Red Wings jersey into the list of ugliest jerseys :lol
:D

Top Bottom