• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Kave_Man said:
Argh I was so tempted to call in sick today but nooo I had to show up to work. Now I have to suffer while the rest of you have fun this afternoon. :(
Just tell your boss your aunt died. That's how I got out of my night class tonight. :D

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Isn't there a computer version of axis and allies? I wish I had someone to play the boardgame with. :(
Dude, if you lived closer, I'd totally come to your house and play Axis & Allies. I love that game. :D

BigJonsson said:
Wonder what they say about the Wings
24g7e3m.jpg

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Should I stick with being left-handed as a Right Defenseman? I prefer to shoot lefty (emulating Scott Stevens as much as possible).

Marvie_3

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Should I stick with being left-handed as a Right Defenseman? I prefer to shoot lefty (emulating Scott Stevens as much as possible).
Yeah, defensemen should be that way (left handed RD, right handed LD). Forwards are usually the opposite, although I'm right handed and always played LW. :lol

DenogginizerOS

SnakeswithLasers said:
Where are these name generators?
Just google "German Name Generator" or "______ Name Generator". I wouldn't use your real name though. Most are just random.

I may use Otto Denogg as my name after one of my favorite movie characters of all time - Otto from "A Fish Called Wanda".

Marvie_3

Banned
Please post in here as soon as you start up NHL 11 so we can get invites sent out to everyone as soon as possible.

The soundtrack on this game fuckin sucks monkey assballs.

DenogginizerOS said:
Just google "German Name Generator" or "______ Name Generator". I wouldn't use your real name though. Most are just random.

I may use Otto Denogg as my name after one of my favorite movie characters of all time - Otto from "A Fish Called Wanda".
I love that movie. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Team 1 (NeoGAF Axis Powers) is set up. Went with the puke & maroon jerseys.

Team 3 (NeoGAF Allied Powers) will be up and running soon. I think the green, black, and yellow ones will work for that team.

DenogginizerOS said:

I think we are gonna be a good d-men pair as Scott Stevens is my fav defenseman of all time too

btw when we link up for our games you can pinch down on offense a little more than the average d-man and help out with scoring goals and I'll stay at home and lock down the defense in the back

Marvie_3

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I remember that, too. I think Kariya came out later and scored a goal.
That he did. Totally bitchin goal too.

Dmorr07, you're on Team 2, not 3. Made a typo earlier. Sorry.

Marvie_3

Banned
I added links to the OP in two different places that link to each team's page on EA Sports World. You can check stats, records, invites, and recent games for each club.

One thing I would HIGHLY recommend, is that if you're waiting around today or any other day, and no one is online, play OTP games. You can rank up faster because the games count towards your cards.

DenogginizerOS

Please oh please I hope UPS hasn't screwed up. My package was out for delivery at 8:32AM and then at 834 AM it was scanned for a second arrival scan. It is not being shown as out for delivery.....

Marvie_3

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Wonderful. Did they fix anything from 10??!!?!?!
The game really does feel a ton different. I love the way the game actually plays.

The goalies are still pretty broken so I think human goalers are going to be even more important this year.

Edit: Scott Baio is on the board!!

DenogginizerOS

Marvie_3 said:
The game really does feel a ton different. I love the way the game actually plays.

The goalies are still pretty broken so I think human goalers are going to be even more important this year.

Edit: Scott Baio is on the board!!
I noticed in the demo how the physics and momentum have changed things. My hope is that good defense will counter the glitch goalers. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I noticed in the demo how the physics and momentum have changed things. My hope is that good defense will counter the glitch goalers. :D
It really helped me in the first game. Just being able to bump someone and have them lose the puck helps a lot. Obviously it won't be that much better until goalies and shooting physics are redone but its a start.

I'm already thinking about switching back to wing. I'm getting killed on faceoffs. :lol

Edit: Just a warning, be very careful about checking people after the whistle. They're giving penalties out to errrrreybody.

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
It really helped me in the first game. Just being able to bump someone and have them lose the puck helps a lot. Obviously it won't be that much better until goalies and shooting physics are redone but its a start.

I'm already thinking about switching back to wing. I'm getting killed on faceoffs. :lol

I was doing pretty well on faceoffs in the demo. If you wanna switch with me I'm fine with that.

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
I was doing pretty well on faceoffs in the demo. If you wanna switch with me I'm fine with that.
That'd be great. Eventually I'll go back to center but I want to practice a lot more before I kill the GAF team with my shitty faceoff percentage. :lol

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
That'd be great. Eventually I'll go back to center but I want to practice a lot more before I kill the GAF team with my shitty faceoff percentage. :lol

OK. I've been able to tie up my man on the faceoff pretty well, leaving the puck there for a wing to come in for a quick shot attempt in the opponent's circle. Just be ready for it. :) Speaking of teamwork, are we all using headsets in the league? I assume there's separate channels for teamspeak and all players, but then again this is EA we're talking about...

Repgnar

Fixed1979 said:
2 more hours until work is over! I'm guessing team 2 (the good team) will be rocking in a few hours?

I got in a game with team 2 (the good team) before having to leave for class. We ended up losing in the 2nd overtime but it was a close throughout the game and I got my first career goal. I'm definantly down for some more games once I get back from class tonight.

RS4-

Dmorr07 said:
I got in a game with team 2 (the good team) before having to leave for class. We ended up losing in the 2nd overtime but it was a close throughout the game and I got my first career goal. I'm definantly down for some more games once I get back from class tonight.

Yeaaaah, we just won a game 4-2 :lol I got robbed of a first period hat trick and Vis almost added his second and third as well

gg dmorr and RS4, just played two, lost a heartbreaker with both of them in the first one then me and RS pulled out our team's first W

I'll be back on in about an hour or so, gotta get something to eat

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
OK. I've been able to tie up my man on the faceoff pretty well, leaving the puck there for a wing to come in for a quick shot attempt in the opponent's circle. Just be ready for it. :) Speaking of teamwork, are we all using headsets in the league? I assume there's separate channels for teamspeak and all players, but then again this is EA we're talking about...
We usually use Party Chat during games. If you don't have a mic, at least get in the party so you can hear whats going on anyway.

Anybody up for some scrimmage games right now while we're waiting for more people to get on?

RS4-

Marvie_3 said:
We usually use Party Chat during games. If you don't have a mic, at least get in the party so you can hear whats going on anyway.

Anybody up for some scrimmage games right now while we're waiting for more people to get on?

shit I would but I just got into a drop in game

I'll be home from work around 12:15-12:45 AM if anyone from Team 3 is around

I'm going to go offensive defenceman with a heavy shot so we will need a power forward to clean up the rebounds :)

Top Bottom