• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

RS4-

Marvie_3 said:
If someone is manually pinning themselves and you go to check them, you'll automatically pin them. It's still fuckin stupid that they can do that in the first place.

wow fuck that, goddamn EA :lol Time to rack up holding and interference penalties!

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
wow fuck that, goddamn EA :lol Time to rack up holding and interference penalties!
Well, they can't pin themselves if they don't have the puck. So you shouldn't have to worry about holding or interference. I'm just glad they put in the auto-pin for defenders......although I'd be more happy if they took out the ability to pin yourself.

Does hit power increase if you play a higher difficulty? I was playing the hardest difficulty last night messing around as the penguins and I don't think there was a single hit in those games that people were anything but absolutely crushed when hit. Even Crosby and Malkin were sending people flying or crumpled for a while. Was really awkward to play.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Does hit power increase if you play a higher difficulty? I was playing the hardest difficulty last night messing around as the penguins and I don't think there was a single hit in those games that people were anything but absolutely crushed when hit. Even Crosby and Malkin were sending people flying or crumpled for a while. Was really awkward to play.
Not that I know of. Just goes to show how unrealistic EA's games are if Crosby is laying people out. Toews breaking his jaw was way more realistic. The final score was not.

Marvie_3 said:
Not that I know of. Just goes to show how unrealistic EA's games are if Crosby is laying people out. Toews breaking his jaw was way more realistic. The final score was not.

You shouldn't have even had 99% of the players on your team last night. And ya it was just weird that those and kunitz were my biggest hitters. Didn't feel right at all.

RS4-

It's probably just the demo settings for the sliders, probably to showcase their animations and physics.

RS4- said:
It's probably just the demo settings for the sliders, probably to showcase their animations and physics.

No, it was in NHL 10 I did this. It shocked me because it was actually worse than the crushing hits in the demo but like I said I didn't notice this until I went from Pro to Superstar or whatever the hardest is.

RS4-

Marvie_3 said:
I really wish 11 was out already. The wait is driving me nuts. :lol

I'm getting mine today! But uhh...apparently EA is resetting the servers come Tuesday? so I'll screw around with the jerseys and such.

Didn't they try to pull of the whole server reset thing last year? Or was that MW2 :lol

RS4- said:
I'm getting mine today! But uhh...apparently EA is resetting the servers come Tuesday? so I'll screw around with the jerseys and such.

Didn't they try to pull of the whole server reset thing last year? Or was that MW2 :lol

lucky bastard, none of the mom and pop stores are selling early around my way, haven't heard of anyone outside of the Community Day people scoring copies outside of Canada so far

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:

You should hook us up with screens of all the create-a-team logos. :D

RS4-

Marvie_3 said:
You should hook us up with screens of all the create-a-team logos. :D

Will do! I'll just use my shitty webcam since I don't have any capture software and I still didn't register for my free month on my other account to take in game shots.

Why doesn't Canada sell Live script cards for 30$ :(

@Vis, it's such a pain in the ass to find stores here in Toronto willing to sell early.

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
Will do! I'll just use my shitty webcam since I don't have any capture software and I still didn't register for my free month on my other account to take in game shots.

Why doesn't Canada sell Live script cards for 30$ :(

@Vis, it's such a pain in the ass to find stores here in Toronto willing to sell early.
That's fine. I just wanna get an idea of what's there. I don't need high-def shots or anything. :lol

I'm gonna buzz around tomorrow morning and see if I can find any places selling early here. :D

Repgnar

Went to a few stores in between classes today and found nothing. If I remember correctly Backbreaker was going to be released the Tuesday after Memorial weekend but Gamestop ended up selling it Saturday for some reason. Would be epic if Gamestop did that with NHL 11 since it's Labor Day weekend but if not i'll just have to wait until Tuesday morning.

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
What's involved in captaining?
5-10 minutes for a draft. 5-10 minutes setting up that club first thing Tuesday morning or Monday at midnight if you're lucky enough to get a copy then.

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
5-10 minutes for a draft. 5-10 minutes setting up that club first thing Tuesday morning or Monday at midnight if you're lucky enough to get a copy then.

I doubt my EB is opening at midnight for this game; I can try to pick up my game on my lunch break and hop on to set it up....otherwise it will have to wait until after work on Tuesday (around 6PM Eastern). If that's not too late for you I'm happy to volunteer.

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
I doubt my EB is opening at midnight for this game; I can try to pick up my game on my lunch break and hop on to set it up....otherwise it will have to wait until after work on Tuesday (around 6PM Eastern). If that's not too late for you I'm happy to volunteer.
I might just randomly draw and set the teams up myself then.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dastardly Jerks said:
Ruck yeah, I'm gonna be the highest picked goalie.
V0UI7.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
Henrik, apparently they nerfed the classic controls even more for 11. You might wanna start practicing with the new control scheme now. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Hardyboy will be. :lol

We almost have enough players for a 4th team.

The more I think about it, 3 might even be pushing it, doubtful 10+ people are gonna be online at the same time from what I've seen from our "roster" so far and I figure Reach is gonna pull away most of these people on the fence

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
The more I think about it, 3 might even be pushing it, doubtful 10+ people are gonna be online at the same time from what I've seen from our "roster" so far and I figure Reach is gonna pull away most of these people on the fence
True. I suppose part of it depends on how soon the non-day 1 players join up too. I can see us getting some stragglers in the next couple weeks too.

Marvie_3

Banned
I can do them. I just hate using them. They look stupid and half the time they just result in a turnover. I'd rather just power the puck in.

Marvie_3 said:
I can do them. I just hate using them. They look stupid and half the time they just result in a turnover. I'd rather just power the puck in.

Dunno, the only reason I looked them up is I suck horribly at shootouts and figured I probably have to learn some of those to not suck from watching other people.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Dunno, the only reason I looked them up is I suck horribly at shootouts and figured I probably have to learn some of those to not suck from watching other people.

I'm pretty sure they blow the play dead when you use one of the LB+dekes in the shootout, they are only really useful in the game against people who aggressively body check all game long or in really specific situations.

Good positioning and poke checking pretty much cancels them all out. Especially if you get caught in a 1-on-1, always shade the player to the opposite hand he is holding the puck in, which is usually the backhand, this way he can't do the toe-drag crossover deke and make you look silly.

Dastardly Jerks said:
Winnipeg Jets logo please.

This, I made the Jersey's for 10 but I couldn't do the logo, also it looks like I'm getting 11 this Friday, stupid Amazon doesn't have release date shipping, but I'm getting the game for 32 bucks, so go me.

But....

I will have to split the time between this and Reach, and well, I love Halo, so yeah.

so Marvie you start on the "random" draw for teams yet? Can't wait to see who I will be enjoying losing alongside when the game comes out :D

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
I'm pretty sure they blow the play dead when you use one of the LB+dekes in the shootout.
They should blow the play dead when you use them outside of the shootout too. So lame.

CrazedArabMan said:
This, I made the Jersey's for 10 but I couldn't do the logo, also it looks like I'm getting 11 this Friday, stupid Amazon doesn't have release date shipping, but I'm getting the game for 32 bucks, so go me.

But....

I will have to split the time between this and Reach, and well, I love Halo, so yeah.
Halo sucks.

TheVisualizer said:
so Marvie you start on the "random" draw for teams yet? Can't wait to see who I will be enjoying losing alongside when the game comes out :D
I'm going to do it tomorrow.

CrazedArabMan said:
Also, when I do play, I can't be in party chat, you can probably figure out why, it will have to be game chat. :(
Could be a problem with your NAT settings.

SnakeswithLasers said:
I can't figure out why.
Shut up, Everybody Loves Raymond grandpa.

I'll try out.

Gamertag: JonnyKtyler
player type: all out assault
position: any
number: 33
name: Charles Barkley

Is this for PS3???????????

Top Bottom