• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Blinding

zsswimmer said:
I was trying so hard to score in that last game but you had like 5/6 goals :(

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be greedy or anything, I think I tried to set you up a couple times there, but oh well.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
And we have a new contender for the 'Marvie' award (most penalties) :p
2ailu7n.jpg

Milly79 said:
And now you're all done? Fuck you all.
24d58bt.jpg

Montresor

Can someone please teach me how to fix auto-backskating. I always like it off. It should always be off. I have auto-backskate set to off. When I play OTP/EASHL with you guys, auto-backskate is never a problem. My guy only skates backwards when I tell him to do it (when I hold LT).

But when I'm playing the regular versus mode (where you control all 5 skaters), my defensemen are always auto-backskating. It's driving me insane.

Montresor said:
Can someone please teach me how to fix auto-backskating. I always like it off. It should always be off. I have auto-backskate set to off. When I play OTP/EASHL with you guys, auto-backskate is never a problem. My guy only skates backwards when I tell him to do it (when I hold LT).

But when I'm playing the regular versus mode (where you control all 5 skaters), my defensemen are always auto-backskating. It's driving me insane.

it's in the options or settings section of the main menu. You have to go the submenu where can change your controller configs (sorry don't know what it's called, probably XBOX 360 CONTROLLER). There is a short list of 3 or 4 things you can change other than button defaults at the top of the screen, I think you need to scroll that little menu down to find the Auto-Backskate option.

Once I changed it in the menu it worked in all modes for me.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
it's in the options or settings section of the main menu. You have to go the submenu where can change your controller configs (sorry don't know what it's called, probably XBOX 360 CONTROLLER). There is a short list of 3 or 4 things you can change other than button defaults at the top of the screen, I think you need to scroll that little menu down to find the Auto-Backskate option.

Hey, look! It's Brett Favre!

Montresor

TheVisualizer said:

It's not working for me. I know what settings menu you're talking about. It's under My NHL, then under Settings, then under Xbox360 Controller Settings. I have auto-backskate set to off but my players still automatically skate backwards when I'm playing the regular versus mode.

I think it's broken in versus mode. Are you sure it's working for you in versus mode? Because I already know it works in the be-a-pro / OTP / EASHL mode.

Marvie_3

Banned
sefskillz said:
Vis, we need you back. Marvie has ruined the jerseys
Viz likes those and I only made those because so many people were clamoring for black jerseys.

We could make new ones though.....

Marvie_3 said:
Hey, look! It's Brett Favre!
at least I could get the team to play more than one day a month while I was around... :)

Montresor said:
It's not working for me. I know what settings menu you're talking about. It's under My NHL, then under Settings, then under Xbox360 Controller Settings. I have auto-backskate set to off but my players still automatically skate backwards when I'm playing the regular versus mode.

I think it's broken in versus mode. Are you sure it's working for you in versus mode? Because I already know it works in the be-a-pro / OTP / EASHL mode.
you can try clearing your cache and redownloading all of the patches/updates then changing it to on then off. One of the last patches was what fixed the autobackskate thing for good. Autobackskate off worked for me in EASHL, and offline and online VS mode right before I got rid of the game.

sefskillz said:
Vis, we need you back. Marvie has ruined the jerseys
says the guy that plays once every 4 months :) you better be ready for NHL12 we need at least one Preds fan on the team that isn't a total asshat...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
says the guy that plays once every 4 months :) you better be ready for NHL12 we need at least one Preds fan on the team that isn't a total asshat...
You and milly should just fuck already. The sexual tension between you two is making you both resent each other.

/Dr. Marvie

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
TheVisualizer said:
at least I could get the team to play more than one day a month while I was around... :)
You were always able to get me to do a lot more than that...

Nozdeuce said:
You were always able to get me to do a lot more than that...

yes, and that's quite an accomplishment since you only regularly used 3 words to communicate with me during our EASHL lobby text chats

1) meow
2) blargh
3) <3

Nozdeuce

That was amazing

In my defense the ea censors aren't very fond of me. I couldn't even complain adequately during my lose 1000 face off games.

Marvie_3

Banned
I wish I had my xbox at work with me today. I have some sweet ideas for some new jerseys but I have to wait until I get home to make them. :(

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Marvie_3 said:
I wish I had my xbox at work with me today. I have some sweet ideas for some new jerseys but I have to wait until I get home to make them. :(
might want to hold off a bit anyway as the preds are unveiling their new home jerseys tonight. those sex kits are sure to deliver some inspiration

sefskillz said:
might want to hold off a bit anyway as the preds are unveiling their new home jerseys tonight. those sex kits are sure to deliver some inspiration

i thought they already were unveiled, these right?

jY86Z_medium.jpeg

Ve2Lx.jpeg

I think they look pretty good, but you're right Marvie needs all the inspiration possible.

By my count he was 1/98 in creating good looking jerseys this year's EASHL team...

sefskillz

yea those are pretty much it. earlier prototypes tho, the unveiled away had a few small changes

the only tweak i noticed for the home was they removed nashville off the chest piping

Blinding

Milly79 said:
Games? Tonight?

I'd be willing, dependent upon who else gets on.

Well, those two losses were filled to the brim with bullshit bounces and glitch goals, but at least the night ended on a good note. :>

Milly79

Decent games last night. We definitely got screwed quite a few times by lame goals, but that's normal.

Didn't seem to have a whole lot of chemistry with Blinding, but I feel like it will come in time, as he's a skilled player (just tone down the PIMs :p).

Manchot, stop winding up for the slapper. Throw it in the corner with a pass, or snap it onto net. We had so many breaks against us because of that.

Oh, and I'm down for some games tomorrow night, if anyone is down.

Blinding

Milly79 said:
Didn't seem to have a whole lot of chemistry with Blinding, but I feel like it will come in time, as he's a skilled player (just tone down the PIMs :p).

Yeah, I'm used to having to really do everything by myself, and it's a refreshing change to actually be playing with people that have a clue about what they're doing, it'll just take some time for me to get settled into a grove. And yeah, I know, after those first couple games I felt like I toned down the penalty taking a bit.

Milly79

Blinding said:
Yeah, I'm used to having to really do everything by myself, and it's a refreshing change to actually be playing with people that have a clue about what they're doing, it'll just take some time for me to get settled into a grove. And yeah, I know, after those first couple games I felt like I toned down the penalty taking a bit.

You did, no worries. And yeah, I played on a top 300~ team and it was all just random BS. At least here I feel like I can set up more plays (god knows Marv needs that).

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
You did, no worries. And yeah, I played on a top 300~ team and it was all just random BS. At least here I feel like I can set up more plays (god knows Marv needs that).
Man, it was so fucking weird when I passed it to you, and it like...got to you. And then you scored. That was awesome. But weird.

Nozdeuce

sefskillz said:
my veteran grinder feels so under-appreciated in this lovefest
If memory serves, I actually complete passes to you (which is a fucking miracle in itself) and then you score the worlds worst fucking goals. Always nice doing business with you.

Milly gives me the most slack of assists though, some weak pass in our defensive end then he goes all the way up the ice and scores. Our children will be so inbred (southern+canadian) they'd qualify as british royalty.

Milly79

Nozdeuce said:
If memory serves, I actually complete passes to you (which is a fucking miracle in itself) and then you score the worlds worst fucking goals. Always nice doing business with you.

Milly gives me the most slack of assists though, some weak pass in our defensive end then he goes all the way up the ice and scores. Our children will be so inbred (southern+canadian) they'd qualify as british royalty.
Haha thanks.

sefskillz

Nozdeuce said:
haha, i love the dirty goals. no flashy shit dekes here!

zsswimmer

sefskillz said:
haha, i love the dirty goals. no flashy shit dekes here!
House is the master of some of the most greasiest goals.

Anyone remember that fucking goal he got when he dumped the puck from the behind the blue line and got top shelf? :lol :lol I actually saw one of these goals again in OTP the other day.... it had me dying cuz of the replay.

And I remember another where he took a weak wrister near the blue line and it slid in.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:

Anyone remember that fucking goal he got when he dumped the puck from the behind the blue line and got top shelf? :lol :lol I actually saw one of these goals again in OTP the other day.... it had me dying cuz of the replay.

And I remember another where he took a weak wrister near the blue line and it slid in.
A few of us have gotten one of those. I know Viz and I both scored like that in the past. Hopefully they remember to turn the retard stat down for the goalies in '12.

zsswimmer said:

Even better, House had more than 1 of those long dump in goals. I remember him scoring at least 2. The first one was when we first started playing and I was the "captain" of "Team 2". Besides Dok, I think Manchot is the only other member still around from that bunch of misfits that probably was playing in that game.

Dok's 2nd one was even better, it was later in the year after his comeback and as soon as it went in the other team immediately quit, then were so disgusted they didn't even want to finish out the game and it was tied after this goal in the 2nd period.

TheVisualizer said:
Even better, House had more than 1 of those long dump in goals. I remember him scoring at least 2. The first one was when we first started playing and I was the "captain" of "Team 2". Besides Dok, I think Manchot is the only other member still around from that bunch of misfits that probably was playing in that game.

Dok's 2nd one was even better, it was later in the year after his comeback and as soon as it went in the other team immediately quit, then were so disgusted they didn't even want to finish out the game and it was tied after this goal in the 2nd period.

I remember one that was a dump in I think from center ice on a human goalie that went in. That team quit so quickly it didn't even allow me to get a replay of it. :(

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I remember one that was a dump in I think from center ice on a human goalie that went in. That team quit so quickly it didn't even allow me to get a replay of it. :(
Oh yeah it was a human goalie. That shit was hilarious

Top Bottom