• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
You're becoming a hero to many starving children.
1zyanix.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Hey marvie did you ever get NHL slapshot for wii? It's only $10 at bestbuy so I'm thinking of picking it up just because. Curious if you ever wound up playing it.
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Apparently I won't be getting it. Can't get it shipped and no store by me has it. Lame.
20048q8.jpg

Blinding

Marvie_3 said:
I'm not THAT bad at D. :lol

We just seem to have a glut of forwards and very few dmen anymore.

I'd play defense if I was good at it. :>

Maybe I'll change my plus-minus from -3 to something positive tonight.

Blinding

Fuck the host system in this game, kid spammed the same move all game yet because it was their host half of the time I couldn't win the draw. :l

zsswimmer

Man we got royally fucked over. I wish someone could've sent a PM before the games started so I could've at least lubed up before we got our asses pounded

Blinding

zsswimmer said:
Man we got royally fucked over. I wish someone could've sent a PM before the games started so I could've at least lubed up before we got our asses pounded

Yup. I haven't done that terrible in faceoffs in a long time, so sorry about that. :l

zsswimmer

Blinding said:
Yup. I haven't done that terrible in faceoffs in a long time, so sorry about that. :l
Well I was talking about all the garbage goals and penalties against us. Like the last game I was in... 6 goals in 14 shots. -_-

Blinding

zsswimmer said:
Well I was talking about all the garbage goals and penalties against us. Like the last game I was in... 6 goals in 14 shots. -_-

Oh of course, but had I not been getting screwed over in the faceoff circle I'm sure it would've reduced some of those goals. Oh well.

Love how I get dropped from a game where I'm actually performing like I normally do. ffs

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yeah, I always lube up before we even start so I'm ready.

That was a brutal night though. It's so fucking hard to find a decent club game anymore. It's almost always either a team of pro cheesers or a shitty team that does nothing but try to cheese all game. If you get a team that actually plays hockey, then they're most likely juicing so they can still beat you.

moop1167

I just had my account approved so I've been lurking for a while now. Does your team try to play legit hockey? I am on an EASHL team comprised of Capitals fans and we try to play actual, real hockey, but the game doesn't really reward it. There are really only 2 or 3 of us active, but I consider us good players and highly skilled.

It seems like every team consists of guys with 99 strength and 99 hitting, just running around smacking people without really getting any penalties. There doesn't seem to be any coordination hockey-wise - a damn free-for-all. It's like they lock on to you and you can't get out of the way because you're stuck in a deke animation or something like that. Then you get hit and it takes 5 hours to stand up and backcheck.

The worst is the amount of glitch/cheese goals and moves. Another problem with the ridiculous WWE hitting is that if you can't get someone back in time, and you have no human D's, it leaves your computer D open to the cheese-deke (which isn't even a move) that freezes the CPU in its tracks. If I find myself coming in on the computer D I at least try to deke using the dekes that EA put into the game as to not be a cheeser.

Regardless of this, I am one of the few people it seems who makes actual hockey plays and if I were like some of these cheesing goofballs I'd be above the 1.8 ppg that I am at right now. It just sucks that when you actually make a nice play using a timely saucer pass or good deke and get a goal, only to have them come down, wind up a slapshot from the blue line and score. Or do the same move over and over. Frustrating game, but I keep coming back for more lol.

Marvie_3

Banned
moop1167 said:
I just had my account approved so I've been lurking for a while now. Does your team try to play legit hockey? I am on an EASHL team comprised of Capitals fans and we try to play actual, real hockey, but the game doesn't really reward it. There are really only 2 or 3 of us active, but I consider us good players and highly skilled.
We try to play legit. Milly is about the only cheeser we have on the team. We're a pretty good team (top 1000 for most of the year) but we've lost a lot of guys lately and haven't been playing as much.

moop1167 said:
It seems like every team consists of guys with 99 strength and 99 hitting, just running around smacking people without really getting any penalties. There doesn't seem to be any coordination hockey-wise - a damn free-for-all. It's like they lock on to you and you can't get out of the way because you're stuck in a deke animation or something like that. Then you get hit and it takes 5 hours to stand up and backcheck.
The hitting is way overdone but thats the only way you can do anything in NHL 11, as long as the person you're hitting doesn't have their stats jacked and bounce off of every hit.

moop1167 said:
The worst is the amount of glitch/cheese goals and moves. Another problem with the ridiculous WWE hitting is that if you can't get someone back in time, and you have no human D's, it leaves your computer D open to the cheese-deke (which isn't even a move) that freezes the CPU in its tracks. If I find myself coming in on the computer D I at least try to deke using the dekes that EA put into the game as to not be a cheeser.

Regardless of this, I am one of the few people it seems who makes actual hockey plays and if I were like some of these cheesing goofballs I'd be above the 1.8 ppg that I am at right now. It just sucks that when you actually make a nice play using a timely saucer pass or good deke and get a goal, only to have them come down, wind up a slapshot from the blue line and score. Or do the same move over and over. Frustrating game, but I keep coming back for more lol.
Yeah, this game is extremely frustrating at times. There are very few legit players left playing 11. I think the slapshots are the thing I hate most about this game. You get teams of assclowns who do nothing but take garbage slapshots the whole fucking game. They end up beating you because they can hit the top corner like its nothing.

Since you're now an official GAFer, you're required to join our club. ;)

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
We try to play legit. Milly is about the only cheeser we have on the team.

Ah, Marv. You're garbage. You know I don't cheese unless it's done to us, and then again, I'm not very effective at it. I can't hit the curl, opposite corner shot like most can. I don't try and fire off slappers in the slot like most do. About the only thing I try is the wrap-around roof and it hardly works anymore. The backhand goal line goal is just effective.

I'd attribute us playing like garbage because we don't play as often and it doesn't help with no Viz and Noz half the time. Blinding is good, but we have to play more for him to get chemistry with us.

I feel like we used to have a system, but now we just try and free wheel it. I guess that's because we don't play as much.

I think you're just jealous of my hip check flip-flop animation, or my constant LB+Y troll. ;)

moop1167

Marvie_3 said:
Since you're now an official GAFer, you're required to join our club. ;)

The team I am on right now is called Bros Inc. We dropped out of our Caps Msg Board Team because some of the people weren't very fun to play with. We had a swedish guy who was really good on D, but he never plays any more. Now it's just me and this other guy, and occasionally another. The one guy I mostly play with doesn't do the speed/acceleration thing but I kind of tweaked my guy a bit so that I am a little more competitive against people who are douches with their stats. I still can't hit people if they have jacked up strength, but I don't really need to hit for 2-way play anyways. I still get wrecked all the time though.

I left my team open invite anyways so I can leave and choose when I please, so I wouldn't be opposed to playing a few games with you guys sometime soon. I consider myself a good player but even if a team glitches/cheeses against me I will not do it in response. I take pride in actually trying to play hockey, but it leads to a lot of frustration. I am a LW by the way, and that's all I've played for the past year or so.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Ah, Marv. You're garbage. You know I don't cheese unless it's done to us, and then again, I'm not very effective at it. I can't hit the curl, opposite corner shot like most can. I don't try and fire off slappers in the slot like most do. About the only thing I try is the wrap-around roof and it hardly works anymore. The backhand goal line goal is just effective.

I'd attribute us playing like garbage because we don't play as often and it doesn't help with no Viz and Noz half the time. Blinding is good, but we have to play more for him to get chemistry with us.

I feel like we used to have a system, but now we just try and free wheel it. I guess that's because we don't play as much.

I think you're just jealous of my hip check flip-flop animation, or my constant LB+Y troll. ;)
I just find it funny because everyone of your goals is shortside. I do need to start doing the LB+Y move though.

moop1167 said:
The team I am on right now is called Bros Inc. We dropped out of our Caps Msg Board Team because some of the people weren't very fun to play with. We had a swedish guy who was really good on D, but he never plays any more. Now it's just me and this other guy, and occasionally another. The one guy I mostly play with doesn't do the speed/acceleration thing but I kind of tweaked my guy a bit so that I am a little more competitive against people who are douches with their stats. I still can't hit people if they have jacked up strength, but I don't really need to hit for 2-way play anyways. I still get wrecked all the time though.

I left my team open invite anyways so I can leave and choose when I please, so I wouldn't be opposed to playing a few games with you guys sometime soon. I consider myself a good player but even if a team glitches/cheeses against me I will not do it in response. I take pride in actually trying to play hockey, but it leads to a lot of frustration. I am a LW by the way, and that's all I've played for the past year or so.
2rf4ffl.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Lol. And all you do is shoot top right.
I aim everywhere. My player shoots top right for some reason. My accuracy is way below my power though so that could be a big part of it.

Edit: I'm gonna tinker with my player in OTP.

moop1167

My gamertag is Moop1168 so add me whenever. I don't know if I'll be on until Thursday/Fri. I live in Chicago so I am in the central time zone, and usually can play after 8pm.

I am a LW as stated above, and mostly a playmaking type with good two-way play. I have more career assists than goals but the guy I usually play with is more of a scorer so I adapted my game to play with him. I can score when needed, though. I think I have 1000 goals and 1,100 assists about in total.

Milly79

I still think it's bush you're gonna call me a cheeser for the backhand. Any of my other goals aren't cheap, cause honestly, I don't score that much. Much more of a passer.

Marvie_3

Banned
moop1167 said:
My gamertag is Moop1168 so add me whenever. I don't know if I'll be on until Thursday/Fri. I live in Chicago so I am in the central time zone, and usually can play after 8pm.

I am a LW as stated above, and mostly a playmaking type with good two-way play. I have more career assists than goals but the guy I usually play with is more of a scorer so I adapted my game to play with him. I can score when needed, though. I think I have 1000 goals and 1,100 assists about in total.
Sent you an invite.

Milly79 said:
I still think it's bush you're gonna call me a cheeser for the backhand. Any of my other goals aren't cheap, cause honestly, I don't score that much. Much more of a passer.
I still think it's funny you don't realize I'm joking when I do. ;)

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
Sent you an invite.

I still think it's funny you don't realize I'm joking when I do. ;)

You'd be more correct in your statement if you said that I was back in Glitchfest '09. You had to do it then to be competitive. That was nuts.

moop1167

I tried this new move where I do the fake wrist shot to freeze the goalie, then pull it back across the goalie like datsyuk (kind of like the curl and drag wrister shot) but wait until I pull it all the way short side and shoot. It's worked 2/2 in a game situation on a breakaway. Is that a glitch? Lol. I don't consider it one because I've never once seen anyone try something like that.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
You'd be more correct in your statement if you said that I was back in Glitchfest '09. You had to do it then to be competitive. That was nuts.
You pretty much have to in 11 anymore. You either have to juice or cheese.

moop1167 said:
I tried this new move where I do the fake wrist shot to freeze the goalie, then pull it back across the goalie like datsyuk (kind of like the curl and drag wrister shot) but wait until I pull it all the way short side and shoot. It's worked 2/2 in a game situation on a breakaway. Is that a glitch? Lol. I don't consider it one because I've never once seen anyone try something like that.
If it's in the game, it's probably broken.

Nice avatar change btw. :lol

Milly79

moop1167 said:

You talking about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gaGEaYzxTA

And I still want to do one of these on a Breakaway/PS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaKdKlPegV4

moop1167

Milly79 said:

Eh not really, I don't abuse the waving of the stick / left-right nonsense. I push down on right joystick to get the goalie to freeze (doesn't always work). Then I pull my stick back like I am going to shoot, but hold it until I get across the goalie's body like datsyuk does/did and roof it short side. I've only done it once or twice. I just haven't seen anyone try anything like that so I don't know.

Speaking of which, that is one of my biggest pet peeves. Skating up and down the ice weaving around and going left-right all around people. It's so fucking annoying when people abuse this. It's not deking if you do that.

Am I preaching to the quire? Or am I the only one that gets really annoyed when people have to utilize bullshit to win in a game.

Marvie_3

Banned
moop1167 said:
Eh not really, I don't abuse the waving of the stick / left-right nonsense. I push down on right joystick to get the goalie to freeze (doesn't always work). Then I pull my stick back like I am going to shoot, but hold it until I get across the goalie's body like datsyuk does/did and roof it short side. I've only done it once or twice. I just haven't seen anyone try anything like that so I don't know.

Speaking of which, that is one of my biggest pet peeves. Skating up and down the ice weaving around and going left-right all around people. It's so fucking annoying when people abuse this. It's not deking if you do that.

Am I preaching to the quire? Or am I the only one that gets really annoyed when people have to utilize bullshit to win in a game.
You're preaching to the choir, man.

This series needs a completely revamped skating/shooting system. The ease of doing so many dekes/cuts/quick turns/stops/starts is ridiculous. Add to that the ease of rifling one top corner with no effort after all the figure skating is rage inducing.

moop1167

Marvie_3 said:
You're preaching to the choir, man.

This series needs a completely revamped skating/shooting system. The ease of doing so many dekes/cuts/quick turns/stops/starts is ridiculous. Add to that the ease of rifling one top corner with no effort after all the figure skating is rage inducing.

Last night I played with my buddy and I sent him one of the best saucer passes I've ever made after bringing it in over the blue line and cutting off at the halfwall. Perfect set up for a quick deke and goal.

Off the next faceoff, the other team comes in over the blue line and takes a simple wrister and scores.

That seems to happen more often than not.

moop1167

Milly79 said:
I know how to juice now. Haha. Oh boy.

I thought they took that shit out? I understand the idea behind dropping speed/accel to be able to shore up on other areas such as strength, but there have been some guys lately that DO NOT fall unless you can get a hip check off.

Milly79

moop1167 said:
I thought they took that shit out? I understand the idea behind dropping speed/accel to be able to shore up on other areas such as strength, but there have been some guys lately that DO NOT fall unless you can get a hip check off.

Yep, I thought they did. Anyway, it adds +500 points to each of your 3 categories.

Top Bottom