• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

this goalie is ridiculous

finally scored

this motherfucker's got a fast glove/stick. looks like i have to snake aroudn tis bitch

EA servers are fucking atrocious. We got dc'd twice now, and the second time the puck didn't even drop and it said we won 3-0 with everything else being 0. Dunno if it actually counted as a win. :lol

2152m8.jpg

Never change EA, Never change.

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
When there is only 2 of you playing online, is it better to go 1 Defense and 1 forward? Or does it not really matter?
I would always have at least 1 human d-man. CPU Defense sucks.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
ggs last night. god damn, i got my ass tapped by that opposing center. faceoffs are simply not my strong point :/ jacking up shots is!
You did pretty well the other night. I think it was the alcohol/weed/mcdonalds that messed with you last night. :lol

I think now that we have a much smaller group, we really need to concentrate on one position, like we did last year. It's a lot easier to get in a flow when we all know our roles on the ice. Wings and defense are kind of interchangeable as far as left/right side goes, but if we have a couple dedicated centers who can dominate in the circle, I think that'd help a lot. Seems like some games we can't get any flow because we get hammered in the circle.

If anyone else wants to try for legend cards tomorrow, I'm game. I know swim and I are at 150+. Not sure if anyone else is close enough though.

Marvie_3 said:
You did pretty well the other night. I think it was the alcohol/weed/mcdonalds that messed with you last night. :lol

I think now that we have a much smaller group, we really need to concentrate on one position, like we did last year. It's a lot easier to get in a flow when we all know our roles on the ice. Wings and defense are kind of interchangeable as far as left/right side goes, but if we have a couple dedicated centers who can dominate in the circle, I think that'd help a lot. Seems like some games we can't get any flow because we get hammered in the circle.

If anyone else wants to try for legend cards tomorrow, I'm game. I know swim and I are at 150+. Not sure if anyone else is close enough though.

I'm only at 70. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
OTP SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS though. I pulled a OTP move in the game this morning and cost the game on us. :(
You should play more OTP and learn how not to play hockey then. :lol

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Just dominated a drop in game. 2 goals, 3 assists, +4, 29 hits, 0 minor penalties, and a fight win. :lol
29 hits? Did you hit everything that had the puck lol. I remember I did that in club and could only manage 24 hits I think.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
29 hits? Did you hit everything that had the puck lol. I remember I did that in club and could only manage 24 hits I think.
I hit everything thing that moved and everything that didn't move. :lol

No idea how I didn't get any penalties but at one point there were three different opponents on the ground from my checks. Looked like a war zone. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Totally dominated a few more drop in games tonight. Soooo close to my legend card I can taste it. :lol

Had one game where the goalie on my team wasn't even trying and we lost 12-6. He let in 12 goals on 16 shots and I scored all 6 goals for my team. It was like a battle of wills. I was trying to keep the team in it and he was trying to stop me. Ended up being a -7 for the game but got all A+'s. :lol

swim, if you want to grind sunday, I'm game. I'm at an A-, high-B, borderline B+/A- so it won't take me long. :D

bumpkin

I managed to get online late last night -- around 4am -- but didn't see any of you guys still on, so I played some drop-in games. I managed to come away with 3 goals and 3 assists in two games. One goal was even the game winner in a 3-2 thriller. :D My games last night put me up to 42 games played, I think. I'm a long ways off from legend, but there's a new card at the 60 game mark, right?

Marvie_3

Banned
bumpkin said:
I managed to get online late last night -- around 4am -- but didn't see any of you guys still on, so I played some drop-in games. I managed to come away with 3 goals and 3 assists in two games. One goal was even the game winner in a 3-2 thriller. :D My games last night put me up to 42 games played, I think. I'm a long ways off from legend, but there's a new card at the 60 game mark, right?
Yeah, you get one at 60, 100, and 150. I think you only need a B- for the one at 60, which is really easy to get.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Brosefs, I've realized why we've suffered so much in the playoffs. We haven't been going in with the right mentality.

We need to rock playoff beards!

Zakkath said:
I found a blog explaining the stats effects. I know some have posted on this matter before, but this a nice in-depth guide. Good read.

http://www.thepensblog.com/eashl/xbox/xbox-nhl-11-attribute-explanation.html

good look, most of this stuff is in the help menu if you tab over

Kave_Man said:
Brosefs, I've realized why we've suffered so much in the playoffs. We haven't been going in with the right mentality.

maybe, but they dont let you put a wolfin beard on your guy anyway

Marvie_3

Banned
Kave_Man said:

My guy is always scruffy at least. It's as close as I could get it to actually looking like me without GameFace. :lol

Playoff beards are a sweet idea. Hopefully EA has a better CAP system next year with fucking GameFace finally implemented.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Marvie_3 said:
Your guy would look more badass if you actually played once in awhile. ;)
im holdin out for the extended playoff run so i can choke it away for you guys

Marvie_3 said:
Playoff beards are a sweet idea. Hopefully EA has a better CAP system next year with fucking GameFace finally implemented.

That's a great idea...I think we should all also try to make our dudes look as fucked up as possible. I thought my first guy was pretty good, got him looking as close to a panda bear as you can get :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
That's a great idea...I think we should all also try to make our dudes look as fucked up as possible. I thought my first guy was pretty good, got him looking as close to a panda bear as you can get :lol
Ugh, please no. The whole "black guy with black eyes, blonde hair, and a blonde beard" has been done to death by the 12-year-old NHL community.

Marvie_3

Banned
Finally got the records section updated. It was slow at work and I needed something to do. :lol

Anyone playing tonight? I'm going to be home a tad late but I'll be on around 11pm EST.

Marvie_3 said:
Finally got the records section updated. It was slow at work and I needed something to do. :lol

Anyone playing tonight? I'm going to be home a tad late but I'll be on around 11pm EST.

yeah I bet u will be on...playing Fallout :D

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
yeah I bet u will be on...playing Fallout :D
Nah, NHL is my #1 priority tonight. I'm almost done with Fallout anyway. I liked Fallout 3 way more so I'm putting Vegas aside until a GOTY edition comes out.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Nah, NHL is my #1 priority tonight. I'm almost done with Fallout anyway. I liked Fallout 3 way more so I'm putting Vegas aside until a GOTY edition comes out.
How do you like Fallout 3 more? Less content (initially) spread out over a larger, sparser map. Tell you what I'm looking forward to hearing about, TES V.

Might be on later guys if my interwebz arent too slow.

Marvie_3

Banned
That last game was by far the best game we've played as a team. Viz and swim, you guys are a fuckin awesome D-pair. Zak and I had it going up front and you guys held down the fort on the backend. Gahdamn that game was good. All I can say is....

2hov4ow.jpg

gg's tonight guys, we got some grimey wins there at the end, congrats to Marvie for getting his LEGEND card after the last game, maybe you will have enough points for 99 discipline so you can stay outta the box once in awhile :D Zak had the scoring touch tonight, pretty much had all our goals besides pheenix's nice snipe.

zsswimmer said:
Dude wtf how. I've got like 270 games and no legends. I think there should be an automatic game limit. GIMME MY FUCKING CARD

well you are a Legend of the ring if thats any consolation, Muhammad Ali aint got shit on ur fighting skillz :D You should rename your player "The G.O.A.T".

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
gg's tonight guys, we got some grimey wins there at the end, congrats to Marvie for getting his LEGEND card after the last game, maybe you will have enough points for 99 discipline so you can stay outta the box once in awhile :D Zak had the scoring touch tonight, pretty much had all our goals besides pheenix's nice snipe.
Hey. I only had 2 penalties tonight and one was total shit since the guy just had control maybe a second before I hit him. I did put more points in discipline though. :lol

zsswimmer said:
How do you like Fallout 3 more? Less content (initially) spread out over a larger, sparser map. Tell you what I'm looking forward to hearing about, TES V.
The desert setting is just boring. There are very few unmarked locations to explore. The larger map is awesome for someone such as myself who likes to wander around aimlessly for awhile. I hate that almost 1/3 of New Vegas' map is cut off by mountains/invisible borders. The writing and voice acting is better in NV, but overall the game just isn't hooking me the same way F3 did.

TES V should be awesome though.

zsswimmer said:
Dude wtf how. I've got like 270 games and no legends. I think there should be an automatic game limit. GIMME MY FUCKING CARD
As I've said many times before, I hate the grading system in this game. A progressive stat system like FIFA's would be ideal. I'll still help you if you want to get your legend card though.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Hey. I only had 2 penalties tonight and one was total shit since the guy just had control maybe a second before I hit him. I did put more points in discipline though. :lol

The desert setting is just boring. There are very few unmarked locations to explore. The larger map is awesome for someone such as myself who likes to wander around aimlessly for awhile. I hate that almost 1/3 of New Vegas' map is cut off by mountains/invisible borders. The writing and voice acting is better in NV, but overall the game just isn't hooking me the same way F3 did.

TES V should be awesome though.

As I've said many times before, I hate the grading system in this game. A progressive stat system like FIFA's would be ideal. I'll still help you if you want to get your legend card though.
Yeah that'd be great, I usually fluctuate between a B- overall to a B+ so I'm fairly close. I just don't put up too many points so my stats grades are usually C+

I agree about the mountain borders and invisble borders on NV, doesn't it feel as open but I love the fact that its stuffed with places to go. I look around and see an empty marker and I absolutely have to venture off in that direction before I get distracted by another one :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yeah that'd be great, I usually fluctuate between a B- overall to a B+ so I'm fairly close. I just don't put up too many points so my stats grades are usually C+

I agree about the mountain borders and invisble borders on NV, doesn't it feel as open but I love the fact that its stuffed with places to go. I look around and see an empty marker and I absolutely have to venture off in that direction before I get distracted by another one :lol
It shouldn't take too long to get yours. If stats are whats keeping your grade down, then thats an easy fix.

I always get distracted too. I just wish NV had the amount of unmarked places that F3 did.

Marvie_3

Banned
Couldn't sleep so I hopped back on to play a couple drop in games. I wanted to experiment a bit with my new points and I think I created a monster. My guy is faster, hits harder, and has a better shot. I completely dominated every game I was in. :D

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ok I've gotten frustrated with NBA2K11 moving back to NHL 11 for a while.

The world just doesn't want a 5 foot 8 point guard to rep in the league. :(

Anyways since I've been reading up I think I'm going to fix up my player and pump more stats into his balance and passing.

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
well you are a Legend of the ring if thats any consolation, Muhammad Ali aint got shit on ur fighting skillz :D You should rename your player "The G.O.A.T".
No I will not rest until I have my Legends card :D Which means Thanksgiving break for me is going to be a grind fest.

Hey ph33nix, is the NBA game any good this year? It was on sale for $40 at Kmart and I want to make sure it doesn't suck before I open it.

And I'm assuming you glitch goaled your way to that legend card Marvie? :p

Top Bottom