• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Dropped to a C+ overall. FUCK, the legend card is never going to happen.
We'll just scam it for you dood. No worries.

TheVisualizer said:
trying to gauge interest, would anyone be interested in a GAF 1v1 league?

been playing online VS mode the past few days and have really been enjoying the game post-patch, and just noticed the game has a pretty decent setup for Online Leagues
We've tried to get one set up the last couple years but it fizzles out in a hurry. People play 2 games and dont bother with it anymore. If they actually had fantasy drafts, better trades, and more franchise options it'd be a lot more fun.

bumpkin said:
Ouch! :lol You couldn't be any worse than the guy who was playing goalie in a drop-in game I played last night. He allowed like 5 or 6 goals on 10 or 11 shots.
That sounds like me. :lol

For some reason goalie feels a lot different this year. Last year I was pretty decent (88%sv and ~2.00 GAA with a few shutouts). I just can't seem to figure it out this year for whatever reason.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Hey Marvie, can you remove my gamertag from the OP?
Any particular reason why? Are you quitting the team?

Marvie_3 said:
We've tried to get one set up the last couple years but it fizzles out in a hurry. People play 2 games and dont bother with it anymore. If they actually had fantasy drafts, better trades, and more franchise options it'd be a lot more fun.

yeah, hopefully they are working on overhauling BeAGM and bringing it online for NHL12, an online franchise for hockey would be crazy

looks like I scared another one of your vets away...

zsswimmer

I'll pass too on the 1vs1. I hate playing Versus mode for some reason.

Marive, I think the hard part of playing goalie is trying not to play 'ahead' of the game. Like for instance its really hard for me to see a 2 on 0 developing and instead of playing the puck carrier I assume the pass but end up giving up too much space in net. Its also hard to see the puck in front of you and for me I always slide out of position when Im trying to ready myself for a one timer or something. Hey I just noticed something too, I'm not in the OP roster ;_;

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
yeah, hopefully they are working on overhauling BeAGM and bringing it online for NHL12, an online franchise for hockey would be crazy

looks like I scared another one of your vets away...
Online franchise would be fuckin rad. They should have put that in before they bothered with the shitty HUT mode.

What did you do now?

zsswimmer said:
Marive, I think the hard part of playing goalie is trying not to play 'ahead' of the game. Like for instance its really hard for me to see a 2 on 0 developing and instead of playing the puck carrier I assume the pass but end up giving up too much space in net. Its also hard to see the puck in front of you and for me I always slide out of position when Im trying to ready myself for a one timer or something. Hey I just noticed something too, I'm not in the OP roster ;_;
Yeah, I tend to react too quick which gets me out of position. It doesn't help that guys can get off ridiculously accurate shots in a split second. Leaves you with no time to recover.

You never officially picked a jersey number, which is why I believe you're not in the roster. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
i don't know, I think I was the last one to play a game with Zaraki, and now he wants his name removed from the OP?

I should change my name to Banhammer Killer or Slamjaw Killer...
Way to go, man. You are the Banhammer Killer.

ph33nix and I are the only Slamjaws left..... :(

I think I need to change my name back to Crash Slamjaw.......

Zaraki, I removed your tag like you asked.

Marvie_3

Banned
So I came up with a perfect comparison(not quality wise, merely personnel wise) for this year's and last year's team.

Last year:
34ydv60.jpg

This year:
2qmm5pz.jpg

ph33nix and I are like Screech and Mr. Belding
yes, i'm drunk

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
You never officially picked a jersey number, which is why I believe you're not in the roster. :lol
What do you mean picking a jersey number? Just talking about the OP? Bumpkin has my number 36, so I can't pick that :(

BTW went to the Thrashers games in which we lost to the Pens. 0-2 in going to see NHL games. Needless to say, it wasn't a fun 4 hour drive back ;_;

zsswimmer said:
What do you mean picking a jersey number? Just talking about the OP? Bumpkin has my number 36, so I can't pick that :(

BTW went to the Thrashers games in which we lost to the Pens. 0-2 in going to see NHL games. Needless to say, it wasn't a fun 4 hour drive back ;_;

bumpkin wears #10 despite what the OP says, I remember pointing out he and DokterrHouse had the same number on in one game, #36 is available

Marvie_3 said:
We'll just scam it for you dood. No worries.

That sounds like me. :lol

For some reason goalie feels a lot different this year. Last year I was pretty decent (88%sv and ~2.00 GAA with a few shutouts). I just can't seem to figure it out this year for whatever reason.

Any particular reason why? Are you quitting the team?

I dunno, the whole online section will be opened up in the next day according to the sticky and I'm afraid random guests will fuck with people's gamertags. Apparently the email trick might work to hide everyone's info and the OP so I'll let you know what turns up with that.

Edit: Apparently Email trick is confirmed to work if everyone is worried about info not being safe.

bumpkin

TheVisualizer said:
bumpkin wears #10 despite what the OP says, I remember pointing out he and DokterrHouse had the same number on in one game, #36 is available
I had changed it back to 10 for some drop-in games and forgot to change it back. I don't think I've played a game when House was on the ice too in a while, anyways. :lol

Of course I also never seem to be able to hop on when any of you are on. :( I got online last last night (like 12:30-ish), and just played some drop-in games.

bumpkin said:
I had changed it back to 10 for some drop-in games and forgot to change it back. I don't think I've played a game when House was on the ice too in a while, anyways. :lol

Of course I also never seem to be able to hop on when any of you are on. :( I got online last last night (like 12:30-ish), and just played some drop-in games.

yeah House hasn't played in awhile, don't worry about the number you can keep it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I dunno, the whole online section will be opened up in the next day according to the sticky and I'm afraid random guests will fuck with people's gamertags. Apparently the email trick might work to hide everyone's info and the OP so I'll let you know what turns up with that.

Edit: Apparently Email trick is confirmed to work if everyone is worried about info not being safe.
What's the email trick?

bumpkin said:

Yeah, you can have #10 until House shows up again.

Marvie_3

Banned
sefskillz said:
i believe you can use the email tag [] and hide text in there that can only be seen by members.

quote this post to see
Fuck you, sef. :lol
you're right :(

I'll update the OP and hide the tags.

Edit: Fuck it. That's too much work. I just deleted them. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Fuck you, sef. :lol
you're right :(

I'll update the OP and hide the tags.

Edit: Fuck it. That's too much work. I just deleted them. :lol
Wait, just hide the whole op. Just like one big quote only it will be in the email thing and just say quote to see OP.

Edit: Too late for lazy fuck Marvie. :p

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
ive really got nothing to hide between my username and gamertag so im not really sweatin it

titans shat the bed, so im good to play whenever

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Wait, just hide the whole op. Just like one big quote only it will be in the email thing and just say quote to see OP.

Edit: Too late for lazy fuck Marvie. :p
I'm not hiding the OP, dude. If you quote it, you can't see any of the images and it just looks like a huge jumbled mess.

Marvie_3 said:
I'm not hiding the OP, dude. If you quote it, you can't see any of the images and it just looks like a huge jumbled mess.
Ya, I realized that after I said it but was too lazy to edit. :p
sefskillz said:
ive really got nothing to hide between my username and gamertag so im not really sweatin it

titans shat the bed, so im good to play whenever
Ready when you are.

sefskillz

I've been on, been doing be a pro trying to unlock some boost slots. Anyone have tips for that btw? :)

zsswimmer

sefskillz said:
I've been on, been doing be a pro trying to unlock some boost slots. Anyone have tips for that btw? :)
1. Pick low difficulty on BaP career.
2. Depending on which boost slots you want to unlock, choose position carefully
3. ???
4. Profit!

You can get easy +/- and goals with BaP. I played defense in NHL 10 BaP and amassed a 150 +/- and had like 30 goals and 80 assists in one season :lol. It's ridiculously easy on the lowest difficulty settings.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
1. Pick low difficulty on BaP career.
2. Depending on which boost slots you want to unlock, choose position carefully
3. ???
4. Profit!

You can get easy +/- and goals with BaP. I played defense in NHL 10 BaP and amassed a 150 +/- and had like 30 goals and 80 assists in one season :lol. It's ridiculously easy on the lowest difficulty settings.
This.

zsswimmer

sefskillz said:
I guess I should've been able to figure that one out :p
Lol yeah. But the hard part isn't scoring goals, getting PIMs, blocking shots, etc. Its actually playing through them (at least for me). I don't know about anyone else but BaP grinding is SOOOOO BORINGGG

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Lol yeah. But the hard part isn't scoring goals, getting PIMs, blocking shots, etc. Its actually playing through them (at least for me). I don't know about anyone else but BaP grinding is SOOOOO BORINGGG
Yeah, it's awful. I played through a full season, found the boosts didn't unlock properly, and had to do it again. I hate EA. :lol

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, it's awful. I played through a full season, found the boosts didn't unlock properly, and had to do it again. I hate EA. :lol
Was this for NHL 10 or 11? And if its the latter than has it been fixed? 0.0

sefskillz

well ill be on grinding for my boosts if anyone wants to play. ill be breaking around 7est for a few hours though so i can shit on lowly leafs fans

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
I won't be home from class until ~11pm EST. I'll be on sometime after that.
What kind of person signs up for a class that doesn't get out until 11pm?!! I can't imagine having night classes, I'm done with classes by 2pm or 3pm.

Also, just took adderall xr that a friend gave me to catch up in my web page class (learning javascript), and I literally opened the java book at 12pm and didn't close it, move from desk, or divert my eyes from the computer/book until about 6pm :lol

Anyways I'm about to hop on for a little bit if anyone else wants to play just shoot me a PM.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
What kind of person signs up for a class that doesn't get out until 11pm?!! I can't imagine having night classes, I'm done with classes by 2pm or 3pm.

Also, just took adderall xr that a friend gave me to catch up in my web page class (learning javascript), and I literally opened the java book at 12pm and didn't close it, move from desk, or divert my eyes from the computer/book until about 6pm :lol

Anyways I'm about to hop on for a little bit if anyone else wants to play just shoot me a PM.
My class gets out at 9pm (10pm EST). By the time I get to my car, drive home, and get settled its about 10pm (11pm EST).

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
My class gets out at 9pm (10pm EST). By the time I get to my car, drive home, and get settled its about 10pm (11pm EST).
That still sucks man. Did you willingly sign up for that time or was that the only time slot available.

Top Bottom