• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
That still sucks man. Did you willingly sign up for that time or was that the only time slot available.
It's a film class so they only have them at night.

ph33nix said:
are you guys getting nba jam

please say yes
When it was supposed to be a $10-15 XBLA title? Yes.

A $50 disc release? Hell to the motherfuckin no.

zsswimmer

Lol I was grinding on BaP, started a power forward with rookie diff. level. Got drafted 1st overall. Scored 7 goals in the 1st game and I get demoted from the 1st line to the 2nd line :lol

"We are looking for a bit more than you are giving, it seems. We are going with you on the 2nd forward line for the next game."

edit: and now down to the 3rd line with 11 goals in 2 games

Marvie_3 said:
It's a film class so they only have them at night.

When it was supposed to be a $10-15 XBLA title? Yes.

A $50 disc release? Hell to the motherfuckin no.

yes its terrible and the production value is well below but its FUCKING NBA JAM

im sure you'd go hard after this is stackhouse was in the game!

Repgnar

Sorry I haven't been on recently, been playing less and less Blacks Ops recently and finally got some Drop-in games done on Sunday or Monday, I don't remember. I got a friend invite/join request/party invite from some guy with Twalker in his name. Wasn't sure if he was a gaffer or a random from OTP, name sound familiar to anyone?
I'll have a break from school until finals start up beginning of next month so I should be able to play quite a bit between now and the first week of next month. Around 135 games played so I may just grind out some OTP games tomorrow and see what my grade is after that.

gg's to those I played with today (swimmer, fixed and daveb), tough losses all-around, was happy to see all of the teams we played didn't really try any glitch goals, we just got outplayed in most of the games. All the goals we gave up were stoppable besides that 1 goal in the last game from the impossible 90 degree angle...that was crap

zsswimmer said:
Lol I was grinding on BaP, started a power forward with rookie diff. level. Got drafted 1st overall. Scored 7 goals in the 1st game and I get demoted from the 1st line to the 2nd line :lol

"We are looking for a bit more than you are giving, it seems. We are going with you on the 2nd forward line for the next game."

edit: and now down to the 3rd line with 11 goals in 2 games

Similar happened to me. I was on the second line with 6 goals and 4 assists after 4 game and was told my production was lacking even though being the highest rated on the team. I don't think there's a way not to get demoted in the beginning.

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Similar happened to me. I was on the second line with 6 goals and 4 assists after 4 game and was told my production was lacking even though being the highest rated on the team. I don't think there's a way not to get demoted in the beginning.
Guess so. I got sent down to the AHL and back up the next game 1st line :lol

TheVisualizer said:
gg's to those I played with today (swimmer, fixed and daveb), tough losses all-around, was happy to see all of the teams we played didn't really try any glitch goals, we just got outplayed in most of the games. All the goals we gave up were stoppable besides that 1 goal in the last game from the impossible 90 degree angle...that was crap

Yeah my internet was slow last night, really high ping so I kinda had to guess where the other players would go. Couldn't really play too much offense b/c I was afraid I might give the puck away and it would turn into a 2 on 1 or 1 on 0

zsswimmer said:
Guess so. I got sent down to the AHL and back up the next game 1st line :lol

Yeah my internet was slow last night, really high ping so I kinda had to guess where the other players would go. Couldn't really play too much offense b/c I was afraid I might give the puck away and it would turn into a 2 on 1 or 1 on 0

Ya, I've been send down after doing good too so i have no idea how the hell they have it set up. I accepted it was bullshit since last year's game. :lol

Hey Marvie, Kmart is giving out a $20 gaming coupon off of a future purchase if you buy NBA JAM, if there's a Kmart around you. I think it may push me over the edge to buy it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, I've been send down after doing good too so i have no idea how the hell they have it set up. I accepted it was bullshit since last year's game. :lol

Hey Marvie, Kmart is giving out a $20 gaming coupon off of a future purchase if you buy NBA JAM, if there's a Kmart around you. I think it may push me over the edge to buy it.
$30 is still too much. :lol

bumpkin

TheVisualizer said:
It was a rough stretch of games, for sure. One team pissed me off with how they seemed to know exactly how to throw off the goalie on every shot they took; a testament to how retarded/bad the AI for goaltenders is. They'd never have gotten any of those goals if a real person was between the pipes.

I really feel like one of the losses was clearly my fault; I got that penalty late in the game and they scored the go-ahead goal during the resulting power play. I got a little too aggressive on defense when I should have simply been helping us maintain a tied for for a shot at overtime. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
the production value is not worth that much but the multiplayer makes it worth it
I'll check it out.

bumpkin said:
It was a rough stretch of games, for sure. One team pissed me off with how they seemed to know exactly how to throw off the goalie on every shot they took; a testament to how retarded/bad the AI for goaltenders is. They'd never have gotten any of those goals if a real person was between the pipes.

I really feel like one of the losses was clearly my fault; I got that penalty late in the game and they scored the go-ahead goal during the resulting power play. I got a little too aggressive on defense when I should have simply been helping us maintain a tied for for a shot at overtime. :(
Don't worry. I've taken plenty of penalties that have cost us games. :D

bumpkin said:

That team that took advantage of the goalie, only did so because we gift wrapped them like 10 breakaways. Against good teams we have to make sure someone is back there preventing those easy ones. Most of those 1-on-1 moves would have beaten a human goalie too. Bottom line is we gotta play better team D or good teams/players will make you pay like they did.

We didn't lose that last game because of your penalty, I thought our PK on the last goal was pretty good, that just got a break. We lost the game earlier than that because we failed to defend the deke between the legs faceoff play. Getting beat on it 1 time, ok, but we should have been looking for it for the rest of the game. Whoever gets lined up on the inside needs to move out towards the puck handler when that happens and poke check to block the pass from happening. If you aren't comfortable doing that, just lay on the ice and block the passing lane across the net.

The main thing that absolutely killed us last night was having no composure on the puck. All of the games we played, we got out possessed and out shot by a landslide, and we could barely get the puck out of our end for most of the game. We gotta slow things down and make better decisions when we regain possession of the puck in our own end, and everybody needs to constantly move to an open area when they don't have the puck to give our puck handler good options for passes.

bumpkin

Marvie_3 said:
Don't worry. I've taken plenty of penalties that have cost us games. :D
I know I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill; it's just a game, after all. I just hate when I make a mistake and it results in the opposing team scoring. Makes me feel like I caused the goal.

TheVisualizer said:
That team that took advantage of the goalie, only did so because we gift wrapped them like 10 breakaways. Against good teams we have to make sure someone is back there preventing those easy ones. Most of those 1-on-1 moves would have beaten a human goalie too. Bottom line is we gotta play better team D or good teams/players will make you pay like they did.

We didn't lose that last game because of your penalty, I thought our PK on the last goal was pretty good, that just got a break. We lost the game earlier than that because we failed to defend the deke between the legs faceoff play. Getting beat on it 1 time, ok, but we should have been looking for it for the rest of the game. Whoever gets lined up on the inside needs to move out towards the puck handler when that happens and poke check to block the pass from happening. If you aren't comfortable doing that, just lay on the ice and block the passing lane across the net.

The main thing that absolutely killed us last night was having no composure on the puck. All of the games we played, we got out possessed and out shot by a landslide, and we could barely get the puck out of our end for most of the game. We gotta slow things down and make better decisions when we regain possession of the puck in our own end, and everybody needs to constantly move to an open area when they don't have the puck to give our puck handler good options for passes.
I suppose you're right. At any rate, that game was a complete bitch. It seemed like I couldn't find my faceoff timing in either game for any consistent amount of time. Unfortunately in one of the games, the fuckers passed across the crease after winning the faceoff for a quick one-timer twice. I hate that there's nothing you can do to gauge how much lag there is other than a guessing game during faceoffs; in Gears of War 2 for example, you could fire off your shotty at a wall or the ground and see how long it takes for the damage to appear.

I found yesterday how to do true slap-passes, which allows you to pass quickly while you have a slapshot wound up as well as purposely bank slapshots off the back boards. To do this, wind up for a slapshot then hold (RB) then follow thru with the slapshot aiming it however you want.

This is gonna be extremely useful for me in club games when I play defenseman as I now have a quick option for when someone steps up into my shooting lane when I'm trying to fire a slapshot from the point.

sefskillz said:
so how awesome is nba jam?

Fucking sweet. Sucks ass its 50 bucks but once you start playing you kinda start forgetting how much you paid cause for me its the kinda game I'll be playing at least a year and beyond. I just hope a lot more get it because 2 v 2 sessions are great fun

It's so good that it's the kind of game that would tear us all away from NHL...

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
Fucking sweet. Sucks ass its 50 bucks but once you start playing you kinda start forgetting how much you paid cause for me its the kinda game I'll be playing at least a year and beyond. I just hope a lot more get it because 2 v 2 sessions are great fun

It's so good that it's the kind of game that would tear us all away from NHL...
Not me. Anytime a game gets even slightly annoying, I think "I paid [insert $ amount] for this bullshit???" NBA Jam would be the same way....and it still looks like an XBLA game, which would only make it worse.

Marvie_3 said:
Not me. Anytime a game gets even slightly annoying, I think "I paid [insert $ amount] for this bullshit???" NBA Jam would be the same way....and it still looks like an XBLA game, which would only make it worse.

Well at least you know what you'll get with NBA Jam. It really is like the old jam, except you can do crossovers now? So you know you'll get rubberband AI if you play the CPU but great fun with friends :D

And do you ever find a game not called Fallout 3 annoying? :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
Well at least you know what you'll get with NBA Jam. It really is like the old jam, except you can do crossovers now? So you know you'll get rubberband AI if you play the CPU but great fun with friends :D

And do you ever find a game not called Fallout 3 annoying? :lol
:lol

Fallout: New Vegas was not annoying. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
Don't you know how well chicken and steak teriyaki and a chicken burrito and chicken quesadillas go together?
It sounds good up until the realization that some ingredients come from Taco Bell. :lol

zsswimmer

Jesus, just went to 4 x OT (or was it 5?). Definitely lacking a true forecheck but honestly we got robbed in that game and it should've never left regulation time. Marvie got a goal that was waived off, and about 5 post shots thru the rest of the game. Not to mention about 3 breakaways: 1 that was stone-walled by the goalie, 2 stopped by the magical defender diving poke. My hand was actually sore from playing for that long with no breaks :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Jesus, just went to 4 x OT (or was it 5?). Definitely lacking a true forecheck but honestly we got robbed in that game and it should've never left regulation time. Marvie got a goal that was waived off, and about 5 post shots thru the rest of the game. Not to mention about 3 breakaways: 1 that was stone-walled by the goalie, 2 stopped by the magical defender diving poke. My hand was actually sore from playing for that long with no breaks :lol
I fuckin hate this. Granted, it helps when douchebags do nothing but cherry pick all game but its still annoying for people like us who play legit. I'll make a good defensive play, get the puck, and even with 90+ speed I still get run down and poke checked from behind.

We got seriously fucked in a couple games, especially that last one we played. Glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch the whole fuckin game. If EA doesn't take that fucking whip shot bullshit and the momentum/intimidation crap and put in proper puck/shooting physics, there's no fucking way I'm buying NHL 12. It's inexcusable that shit is still in the game this year despite everyone bitching about it last year.

Marvie_3 said:
I fuckin hate this. Granted, it helps when douchebags do nothing but cherry pick all game but its still annoying for people like us who play legit. I'll make a good defensive play, get the puck, and even with 90+ speed I still get run down and poke checked from behind.

We got seriously fucked in a couple games, especially that last one we played. Glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch glitch the whole fuckin game. If EA doesn't take that fucking whip shot bullshit and the momentum/intimidation crap and put in proper puck/shooting physics, there's no fucking way I'm buying NHL 12. It's inexcusable that shit is still in the game this year despite everyone bitching about it last year.

gg's guys, yeah I feel the same way, they are gonna have to prove the glitch wrister is gone or I'm not playing clubs next year.

Swim, good D back there with me in the last one, you saved my ass a couple times, but whats up with all these fights your losing? :lol

Marvie, good shit as usual, you got robbed on that redirect goal that got waved off. On some of those "breakaways" you just got to bite the bullet and stop or circle around right before you get to the goal and let those divers go right by.

Fixed, I'm gonna be honest, I think you're better off playing wing or center, defensemen is a real hard position to play well and unlike the offensive positions, 1 mistake usually costs us a goal. I'd switch permanently to offense and find your niche/role, you had some nice passes out there that led to good scoring chances and at least 1 goal. Oh yeah don't worry about that chipmunk-like voice that was whining and bitching... Marvie is an equal opportunity asshole when it comes to constructive criticism, I just ignore him most of the time :D

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Marvie, good shit as usual, you got robbed on that redirect goal that got waved off. On some of those "breakaways" you just got to bite the bullet and stop or circle around right before you get to the goal and let those divers go right by.
That redirect was crap.

The divers are usually coming from directly behind me so its kinda hard to let them slide by.

TheVisualizer said:
Fixed, I'm gonna be honest, I think you're better off playing wing or center, defensemen is a real hard position to play well and unlike the offensive positions, 1 mistake usually costs us a goal. I'd switch permanently to offense and find your niche/role, you had some nice passes out there that led to good scoring chances and at least 1 goal. Oh yeah don't worry about that chipmunk-like voice that was whining and bitching... Marvie is an equal opportunity asshole when it comes to constructive criticism, I just ignore him most of the time :D
Wait, wait, wait....when did I start using constructive criticism?

Marvie_3 said:
That redirect was crap.

The divers are usually coming from directly behind me so its kinda hard to let them slide by.

Only in cases when they are really close, you can stop and move out towards the boards a bit or go up to the top and circle around then go across the net. I have a really good move off the circle around using one of the quick dekes I'll have to show you one time.

Oh yeah you're right I was giving you too much credit, "goddammit, play better fucking defense!" isn't very constructive... :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Only in cases when they are really close, you can stop and move out towards the boards a bit or go up to the top and circle around then go across the net. I have a really good move off the circle around using one of the quick dekes I'll have to show you one time.
Sounds good.

TheVisualizer said:
Oh yeah you're right I was giving you too much credit, "goddammit, play better fucking defense!" isn't very constructive... :lol

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
Swim, good D back there with me in the last one, you saved my ass a couple times, but whats up with all these fights your losing? :lol
I've been losing a lot since the patch, it seems like people are rewarded for spamming punches now, can't even dodge em and beat em with 99 fighting skill and 95 strength...

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
I've been losing a lot since the patch, it seems like people are rewarded for spamming punches now, can't even dodge em and beat em with 99 fighting skill and 95 strength...
Yeah, anytime I fight in OTP, the only times I'll lose are to punch spammers. Its so annoying.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, anytime I fight in OTP, the only times I'll lose are to punch spammers. Its so annoying.
Yeah I know. I can't believe they actually tried to sell the 1st person fighting as a main feature in NHL 10 :lol . They should totally revamp it in 1st person or bring something like Nhl 2k10 has:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfAiI6fqOMQ

Although I always laugh when I see the players on the bench during the fight :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yeah I know. I can't believe they actually tried to sell the 1st person fighting as a main feature in NHL 10 :lol . They should totally revamp it in 1st person or bring something like Nhl 2k10 has:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfAiI6fqOMQ

Although I always laugh when I see the players on the bench during the fight :lol
2K10 did a lot of things soooo much better than EA. It's just too bad the game played like shit. Everything else was great.

The guys on the bench are hilarious. :lol

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
2K10 did a lot of things soooo much better than EA. It's just too bad the game played like shit. Everything else was great.

The guys on the bench are hilarious. :lol
Yeah, I didn't like it at all when I played it at my friends house. The commentators are absolutely awful in 2k10. That alone would turn me off from playing it. Make EA's commentary look like gold

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yeah, I didn't like it at all when I played it at my friends house. The commentators are absolutely awful in 2k10. That alone would turn me off from playing it. Make EA's commentary look like gold
Yeah, the commentary wasn't great either, but neither is EA's. The presentation and the fact that they had the actual arenas was fuckin sweet though. One thing I hated was how big the goalie heads were. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
You lagged out at the right time, viz. swim then quit right after one of the most bullshit goals I've ever seen. :lol

A few losses we definitely shouldn't have suffered through tonight. Those last two games were games we should have won easily, but as usual, we don't get the shitty bounces.

zsswimmer

I'm so sick of this shit. When can WE get a goal. No, we'll hit the goddamn post, have the goalie do a front flip flying banana split save, and have nazi refs call them off. In the mean time, our goalie will be too busy fingering his own ass to worry about saving any pucks. FUCK ME

fuuuu.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
I'm so sick of this shit. When can WE get a goal. No, we'll hit the goddamn post, have the goalie do a front flip flying banana split save, and have nazi refs call them off. In the mean time, our goalie will be too busy fingering his own ass to worry about saving any pucks. FUCK ME

fuuuu.gif

Agreed. We get fucked more than any team out there. We're like the Paris Hilton's of the EASHL. Seriously. Our gaping hockey vaginas are so raw that all you see is a mix of cheap liquor, blood, and vagina juice.

gg's guys, really liked how we were playing tonight, too bad I lagged out and missed this great goal that made you rage quit

that was a real shitty goal we lost on in OT, didnt mind the 1 they waved off it was a high stick, the 1 from yesterday should have counted tho

dont know what was up with my connection tonight I was fighting spurts of lag all night and still managed to play pretty good

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:

Agreed. We get fucked more than any team out there. We're like the Paris Hilton's of the EASHL. Seriously. Our gaping hockey vaginas are so raw that all you see is a mix of cheap liquor, blood, and vagina juice.
pukeig1.gif

Top Bottom