• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
:lol What the fuck did I miss last night?

Anyone playing today? I should be around all day so just let me know if you're going to hop on.
Just the usual EA bullshit mixed with some of my patented alcohol-fueled rage.

I have to work almost all day otherwise I'd be on.

Marvie_3 said:
Just the usual EA bullshit mixed with some of my patented alcohol-fueled rage.

I have to work almost all day otherwise I'd be on.

Whenever you can play I can't. Whenever I can you can't. This marriage isn't working.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
Whenever you can play I can't. Whenever I can you can't. This marriage isn't working.
Well, maybe you should stop watching so many Miami Mercenar....I mean Miami Heat games. You'd have plenty of time for hockey then. :D

Marvie_3 said:
Well, maybe you should stop watching so many Miami Mercenar....I mean Miami Heat games. You'd have plenty of time for hockey then. :D

I know where you were going with that. Just so you know FF7 is God's finest creation and Cloud Strife was a motherfucking MERCENARY

If Cloud Strife was in the NBA he'd be on the Miami Heat

So one of the opponents on the other team we beat 3-0, messaged and said "youre garbage kid get so lucky"

so i messaged back just now and said

"you're right we couldn't be luckier running into defense as terrible as yours"

zsswimmer

ph33nix said:
So one of the opponents on the other team we beat 3-0, messaged and said "youre garbage kid get so lucky"

iceburn.gif

blackkid-1.gif

ph33nix said:

:lol they were prob steaming

gg's swim and pheenix, we ran off like 3 or 4 straight, all pretty much dominating the entire game each time.

swim, I was bout to tell you in the chatroom that when I win faceoffs back to you in the offensive zone try to skate out towards the middle a bit before you look to shoot a slapshot, this way there is a better chance you can get a lucky one to go in more often and also a better chance we can get a good redirect. Right now you're mostly shooting from angles that are too sharp, you had a nice blast tho today...see what happens when you listen to me, dumping those attribute points into slapshot and changing the stick blade already paying off for you

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
:lol they were prob steaming

gg's swim and pheenix, we ran off like 3 or 4 straight, all pretty much dominating the entire game each time.

swim, I was bout to tell you in the chatroom that when I win faceoffs back to you in the offensive zone try to skate out towards the middle a bit before you look to shoot a slapshot, this way there is a better chance you can get a lucky one to go in more often and also a better chance we can get a good redirect. Right now you're mostly shooting from angles that are too sharp, you had a nice blast tho today...see what happens when you listen to me, dumping those attribute points into slapshot and changing the stick blade already paying off for you
Yeah but it still a bit low. I dumped a pretty good portion in puck control and hand-eye (both take a lot of points for tough-guy character). So my slaps are only 75 accuracy and 90 strength. If I can get legends I'll dump all 400 into slapshot accuracy probably.

zsswimmer said:
Yeah but it still a bit low. I dumped a pretty good portion in puck control and hand-eye (both take a lot of points for tough-guy character). So my slaps are only 75 accuracy and 90 strength. If I can get legends I'll dump all 400 into slapshot accuracy probably.

I could def see the 90 power, that thing was flying compared to those weak ones you used to throw at the net. Didn't hear Bill Clement clowning you either for once about being a non-threat on offense :lol 75 accuracy is good enough for now, do you remember how high you put hand-eye? I wouldn't go any higher then low 80's, its mainly a skill forwards need.

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
I could def see the 90 power, that thing was flying compared to those weak ones you used to throw at the net. Didn't hear Bill Clement clowning you either for once about being a non-threat on offense :lol 75 accuracy is good enough for now, do you remember how high you put hand-eye? I wouldn't go any higher then low 80's, its mainly a skill forwards need.
Oh, those two aren't high. I think puck control is 70 and hand eye is 65 or 70. Problem is you start off at 50 with tough guy character so by the time I'm at 60 I gotta put like 40 points for each level :lol

zsswimmer said:
Oh, those two aren't high. I think puck control is 70 and hand eye is 65 or 70. Problem is you start off at 50 with tough guy character so by the time I'm at 60 I gotta put like 40 points for each level :lol

yeah I forgot how low tough guy stats are, you ever tried defensive d-man or two-defender to see if you could build a better all-around skater while still keeping ur toughness?

TheVisualizer said:
this is the EASHL club thread, you want an invite?

Sorry, must of clicked on the wrong tab. Would love an invite though.

Edit: It's also worth noting I've never participated in any organized NHL online yet, so I'm new with the set up. Only with MLB 10 The Show have I done anything =P

Square Triangle said:
Sorry, must of clicked on the wrong tab. Would love an invite though.

Edit: It's also worth noting I've never participated in any organized NHL online yet, so I'm new with the set up. Only with MLB 10 The Show have I done anything =P

I'll send you a XBL friend req than an invite to the club, you will need to go to the Xbox Live -> Community -> My Player Hub to accept the invite

edit: Also send a XBL friend request to our metatag: GAF EASHL

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
I know where you were going with that. Just so you know FF7 is God's finest creation and Cloud Strife was a motherfucking MERCENARY

If Cloud Strife was in the NBA he'd be on the Miami Heat
Get outta here with that overrated shit.

ph33nix said:

:lol :lol :lol

bumpkin

ph33nix said:

If I had a drink in my mouth, it'd be all over my phone right now. :lol

zsswimmer

Does the performance tracker update slower than real time? Before one game I had:
B+ overall
A position
B+ teamplay
C+ stats

After a game where my stats went A+ A+ B+ my performance tracker dropped to this:
B overall
A- position
B teamplay
C stats

WTF, I hate this shit. It's going to be a fucking NHL 12 before I can get this shit up to A-, for fucks sake.

zsswimmer said:
Does the performance tracker update slower than real time? Before one game I had:
B+ overall
A position
B+ teamplay
C+ stats

After a game where my stats went A+ A+ B+ my performance tracker dropped to this:
B overall
A- position
B teamplay
C stats

WTF, I hate this shit. It's going to be a fucking NHL 12 before I can get this shit up to A-, for fucks sake.

you need to start getting higher than A+'s...

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
B+ overall
A position
B+ teamplay
C+ stats

B overall
A- position
B teamplay
C stats

It updates every 3 games I believe. That's why the grades seem so wonky sometimes.

I should be around more this week if you want to try for it. Anyone else close to 150?

Zakkath

Not even close to 100 :) But, I'll come and play a few games this week. Just send me a PM if we got a few people available... Just not after 11:30pm when I'm about to go to sleep ;)

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
It updates every 3 games I believe. That's why the grades seem so wonky sometimes.

I should be around more this week if you want to try for it. Anyone else close to 150?
I'm going to be on all this week so if you see me on just shoot me a message.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
I'm going to be on all this week so if you see me on just shoot me a message.
Alright, if we can wrangle up a 3rd(hopefully someone close to 150) whose willing to waste a little time, we can get your legend card.

bumpkin

I'm going to try to get on some this week. Friday I have the day off and my wife is going Black Friday shopping with her mother and sister in-law, so I'll have a good portion of the day to do whatever I please. :D

zsswimmer said:
I'll be on after all seven Thrashers fans and I watch the Thrash vs Islanders game :lol

god bless you 8 poor souls, I'd rather poke both my eyes out and eat a shit sandwich than watch those two marquee teams clash

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Thrashers fans have doubled in number!
At this rate we might hit 100 fans by the end of the year!

TheVisualizer said:
god bless you 8 poor souls, I'd rather poke both my eyes out and eat a shit sandwich than watch those two marquee teams clash
Yeah its a super boring game. During a commercial break, one of the announcers for the Isles feed said something like [cuz his mic was still on]:

"Is it spring training yet? Someone tell me how this game goes, not that I particularly care"

Whoops :lol

Thrashers aren't too bad this year though. They smashed the caps Friday 5-0 :D

Marvie_3

Banned
Did some roster cleanup. Moved some people off the main roster due to inactivity/never joining in the first place. If you're one of these people and still want to join/play with the club, please post and let us know whats going on.

For now, these jersey #'s are now available again if anyone wants to switch:

2, 20, 21, 23, 25, 26, 55, 77, 81, 88, 91, 94

TheVisualizer said:
I'd watch a Thrasher/Islanders game 100 times in a row before I watch another NFC East vs. NFC East game. :lol

Zakkath

That was a great way to come to the game tonight. I had not played in over 2 weeks, but we won that first game 5-0. w00t !

1st star : Zakkath 1G 4A
2nd star: F.Felix 2G 2A
3rd star: FOO G 2G 2A

We then lost the 2nd game when Marvie came in :p But then we came back strong for the 3rd one and won 1-0. GGs !

Marvie_3

Banned
What a fuckin bullshit loss there swim. Team of two french cocksuckers glitching all game and they win it with 30 seconds left because our goalie decides to let the puck trickle through his legs.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
What a fuckin bullshit loss there swim. Team of two french cocksuckers glitching all game and they win it with 30 seconds left because our goalie decides to let the puck trickle through his legs.
Story of our NHL 11 careers....

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Story of my NHL 09, 10, and 11 careers......
Yeah it was pretty bad in 10, never played '9. Fuck EA for allowing glitchers to prosper in this game though, ridiculous. Oh well, at least we dominated that first game.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yeah it was pretty bad in 10, never played '9. Fuck EA for allowing glitchers to prosper in this game though, ridiculous. Oh well, at least we dominated that first game.
No doubt. I want nothing new in NHL 12 except much better goalie AI and shooting/puck physics. Everyone else on that development team needs to do nothing but fix problems.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
No doubt. I want nothing new in NHL 12 except much better goalie AI and shooting/puck physics. Everyone else on that development team needs to do nothing but fix problems.
Agreed, and make it so people can't just stand there jacking off in the goalies crease. They need to incorporate physics in the goalies so there are penalties for being all over the goalie. Better physics, better fighting, better shooting. All that and I'll be set.

Oh and a better FUCKING OTP LOBBY

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Agreed, and make it so people can't just stand there jacking off in the goalies crease. They need to incorporate physics in the goalies so there are penalties for being all over the goalie. Better physics, better fighting, better shooting. All that and I'll be set.

Oh and a better FUCKING OTP LOBBY
Oh fuck. This too. 3 years running and the OTP lobby is still a fucking nightmare. I haven't played a full 6v6 game in over a month.

Marvie_3 said:

what a surprise, let me guess they were prob from Quebec too. I'm gonna start being picky when the team select comes up, if I see QC in anyone's gamertag I'm backing out. The whole goddamn province is made up of the worst glitchers I've ever seen...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
what a surprise, let me guess they were prob from Quebec too. I'm gonna start being picky when the team select comes up, if I see QC in anyone's gamertag I'm backing out. The whole goddamn province is made up of the worst glitchers I've ever seen...
Yeah, they were from QC and yes everyone from there glitches like crazy.

Equally as annoying are the fucktards called "Snipez McDangles" or some other fuckstain name.

Zakkath

Well, me and Foo G are from Quebec, so... should we start glitching to fit the stereotype ? Most of the teams we play against are glitching, so let's not fall into stupid Qc bashing. The reason you might come with this conclusion is because you notice that Qc tag right away and Hockey is popular here and it's probably where this game sells the most and if you're on the east coast zone, chances are you might end up playing against teams from Qc a lot.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zakkath said:
Well, me and Foo G are from Quebec, so... should we start glitching to fit the stereotype ?
Yeah, it'd probably help our goal scoring out. If you look at our +/- numbers, you'd see that we our offensively challenged. :lol

Zakkath

Well, we won 2 games fair and square tonight and the one we lost 4-1, we totally sucked. Simple as that. We just need to be play good more consistently.

Marvie_3

Banned
In response to your edit above....shut up, frenchie! J/k :p

Its just easier to make broad generalizations about things. :lol

Zakkath said:
Well, we won 2 games fair and square tonight and the one we lost 4-1, we totally sucked. Simple as that. We just need to be play good more consistently.
Yeah, if I could make a suggestion, try to stick to your side of the ice whenever possible. It looked like you were chasing the puck a little bit tonight and ended up on the left side of the ice. We ended up getting too bunched up and I think that hurt our offense at times. We had a good forecheck going but once the puck got into the neutral zone, that's when things went a bit wrong. I know you said you hadn't played in awhile so I'm guessing it was just being out of practice. No big deal though. We had a bunch of scoring chances tonight but neither of us could put enough of them away. :lol

Zakkath said:
Well, me and Foo G are from Quebec, so... should we start glitching to fit the stereotype ? Most of the teams we play against are glitching, so let's not fall into stupid Qc bashing. The reason you might come with this conclusion is because you notice that Qc tag right away and Hockey is popular here and it's probably where this game sells the most and if you're on the east coast zone, chances are you might end up playing against teams from Qc a lot.

we should throw both you and FOO G off the team, you disgrace your province with your legit skills :D

zsswimmer

Zakkath said:
Definitely not all people from Quebec are glitchers :lol but I do notice that people that put Qc in their name usually play like douchebags =/

Top Bottom