• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
we should throw both you and FOO G off the team, you disgrace your province with your legit skills :D
:lol

zsswimmer said:
Definitely not all people from Quebec are glitchers :lol but I do notice that people that put Qc in their name usually play like douchebags =/
This is more accurate.

For awhile last year, we refused to play any team using the Toronto Maple Leafs jerseys. We had about a 2-week stretch where it was nothing but bullshit from Leafs fans, so we just stopped playing them. :lol

Zakkath

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, if I could make a suggestion, try to stick to your side of the ice whenever possible. It looked like you were chasing the puck a little bit tonight and ended up on the left side of the ice. We ended up getting too bunched up and I think that hurt our offense at times. We had a good forecheck going but once the puck got into the neutral zone, that's when things went a bit wrong. I know you said you hadn't played in awhile so I'm guessing it was just being out of practice. No big deal though. We had a bunch of scoring chances tonight but neither of us could put enough of them away. :lol

In that game, yes, we were all over the place. It seemed we couldn't make good place and everything we did wasn't coming together. Some games, we're just plain bad, but the first game, we were very tight. Although the other team wasn't good.

Edit : I just had to share this with you hockey fans :) NSFW though. http://www.sportsrubbish.com/2009/0...-her-breasts-puts-em-on-the-glass-video-nsfw/ :O

Zakkath said:
In that game, yes, we were all over the place. It seemed we couldn't make good place and everything we did wasn't coming together. Some games, we're just plain bad, but the first game, we were very tight. Although the other team wasn't good.

Edit : I just had to share this with you hockey fans :) NSFW though. http://www.sportsrubbish.com/2009/0...-her-breasts-puts-em-on-the-glass-video-nsfw/ :O

probably the most exciting thing that will happen to the Panthers this year

Marvie_3

Banned
Zakkath said:
2z4lda9.jpg

was playing around with the team creator on ideas for some new unis, worked a lot of the color black in these per swimmer's request, here are my latest (click for fullsize), any winners here?

BLACK/BLUE CLEAR #'S

------------------------------------------------------

CAROLINA

-------------------------------------------------------

BLACK/TEAL TRADITIONAL

--------------------------------------------------------

BLACK/GRAY/RED

----------------------------------------------------------

BLACK/GRAY/GREEN

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
any winners here?
No. Way too much black on some of them. On the first couple there's too much of a mix of black and white which, depending on the jerseys of the other team, makes everything blend together and hard to see.

Marvie_3 said:
No. Way too much black on some of them. On the first couple there's too much of a mix of black and white which, depending on the jerseys of the other team, makes everything blend together and hard to see.

your opinion doesn't count because it's always wrong

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
your opinion doesn't count because it's always wrong
Untrue.
zsswimmer said:
I like the black blue and white combo. I think the perfect black jerseys in the league are the Sharks alternate jerseys.
Its bad enough we are consistent playoff losers, we shouldn't have to look like them. Jerseys like the Sharks one are just boring.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Untrue.

Its bad enough we are consistent playoff losers, we shouldn't have to look like them. Jerseys like the Sharks one are just boring.
Well Mr. Fashionable why don't you post what kind of jerseys you like in the NHL so me and Vis can call them boring :D

gg's everyone (swimmer, zaraki, zakkath, FOO G and pheeniks), we went on a nice little run tonight (5W - 1L). Me swim and zaraki ran into the best glitchers I've seen so far this year, I talked them into quitting in the 3rd period when it was 7-3. We also ran into the worst glitchers I've seen all year in our very last game, they kept trying to lob dump passes all the way down the ice to cherrypickers and tried the glitch goal unsuccessfully at least 20 times. Luckily we managed to beat them 2-1 off of pheeniks game-winning slapshot off a faceoff with less than 1 second left in the 2nd period.

Also noticed our new member joined, SheriffofPaddys. welcome aboard, your new guy initiation fee is due by the end of the month. $15 to my paypal and $15 to Marvie's, check the OP for information...

Sheriff let us know what position you plan on playing, what number you want, and what your player's name is so we can update the roster. Check the roster in the OP to see what numbers are already taken.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sorry I didn't make it on tonight guys. I had my last batch of homework to do for the semester and my router died. Was going to go get a new one but I was feeling lazy so I just said fuck it, started drinking, and watching The Expendables. :lol

Not sure if I'll be on tomorrow night, but I'll be home all day on Thanksgiving. Not going anywhere and I'm not watching the shitty football games, so I'll be down to play hockey at any time.

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
gg's everyone (swimmer, zaraki, zakkath, FOO G and pheeniks), we went on a nice little run tonight (5W - 1L). Me swim and zaraki ran into the best glitchers I've seen so far this year, I talked them into quitting in the 3rd period when it was 7-3. We also ran into the worst glitchers I've seen all year in our very last game, they kept trying to lob dump passes all the way down the ice to cherrypickers and tried the glitch goal unsuccessfully at least 20 times. Luckily we managed to beat them 2-1 off of pheeniks game-winning slapshot off a faceoff with less than 1 second left in the 2nd period.

Also noticed our new member joined, SheriffofPaddys. welcome aboard, your new guy initiation fee is due by the end of the month. $15 to my paypal and $15 to Marvie's, check the OP for information...

Sheriff let us know what position you plan on playing, what number you want, and what your player's name is so we can update the roster. Check the roster in the OP to see what numbers are already taken.
Yeah those were fun save that one particular glitch filled game. Hey at least I'm putting some garbage goals in the net though, 2 tonight.

Marvie_3 said:
Sorry I didn't make it on tonight guys. I had my last batch of homework to do for the semester and my router died. Was going to go get a new one but I was feeling lazy so I just said fuck it, started drinking, and watching The Expendables. :lol

Not sure if I'll be on tomorrow night, but I'll be home all day on Thanksgiving. Not going anywhere and I'm not watching the shitty football games, so I'll be down to play hockey at any time.

Well, if you were there for our first game with the glitchers you would have left any how. :lol

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
you forget that NHL11 is an EA game, don't be so sure about that...
=[
And it ruined my Save percentage because I was facing one of those teams who only looks for the cross crease so they had like 6 shots total and they scored on that BS :(. Got me a nice F on stats too, fuck.

alright Marvie, here's 3 more color combinations that don't have as much black and aren't as "boring", any of these get passing grades?

GOLD & RED

-------------------------------------------------------------

GOLD & BLUE

---------------------------------------------------------------

TEAL, BLACK & NEON YELLOW

Zakkath

Blue and gold looks good, not sure about the others. I like our current one better. Dunno why you keep trying Viz, nothing can please Marvie ;)

Zakkath said:
Blue and gold looks good, not sure about the others. I like our current one better. Dunno why you keep trying Viz, nothing can please Marvie ;)

I gotta try to wear him down, that's how it worked last time, it took like 25 different jerseys and constant nagging for him to finally pretend he liked one of my ideas :lol

gg's swim and FOO G, between tonight and last night we are on a real hot streak, so much so that we've climbed into the Pro division (with the playoffs coming up tomorrow) and are only 2 games below .500 for the month

swim that one game was hilarious, our CPU "Maxwell" had a hat trick, I ended up having 5 asts and 1 goal and the other team quit halfway thru the 3rd with the score 6-1. I'd imagine tonight should have helped your performance ratings climb towards your legend card, you had a couple assists

zsswimmer

Nice couple of games tonight (4-0).

Two games where we dominated to the point where the other team quit. One team we faced was filled with these 2 morons who kept calling the puck from the goalie even though we had scored from that. I believe the CPU had a hat-trick that game :lol . I think they managed 5 shots in 3 periods because every time they got into the neutral zone I checked the shit outta them.

Last one was much closer but only because when I tried to clear the puck on the PK the puck hit someones face and bounced right in front of the goalie and it was picked up and put in the net :mad:

zsswimmer said:
Nice couple of games tonight (4-0).

Two games where we dominated to the point where the other team quit. One team we faced was filled with these 2 morons who kept calling the puck from the goalie even though we had scored from that. I believe the CPU had a hat-trick that game :lol . I think they managed 5 shots in 3 periods because every time they got into the neutral zone I checked the shit outta them.

Last one was much closer but only because when I tried to clear the puck on the PK the puck hit someones face and bounced right in front of the goalie and it was picked up and put in the net :mad:

yeah I knew we were gonna clean up that game, thats why I made sure to send you that msg over XBL telling you to just shoot as much as possible, I was just gonna poach right in front of the net and get easy ones. Turned out we only got 1 or 2 goals off of that because I was busy setting up Maxwell with great chances. You're D was smothering all night swim, you're becoming A Monster out there.

I was gonna switch to D when FOO G came along because me and him up until tonight just didn't have good chemistry, we think too much alike and are always crowding each other in the same spots. It's mainly my fault as I'm not used to playing winger and I tend to drift to my normal areas where I roam when I play center. We clicked pretty good tonight tho, as we didn't even have to bring our the secret weapon (Offensive Defenseman Knuckles Smith)

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
yeah I knew we were gonna clean up that game, thats why I made sure to send you that msg over XBL telling you to just shoot as much as possible, I was just gonna poach right in front of the net and get easy ones. Turned out we only got 1 or 2 goals off of that because I was busy setting up Maxwell with great chances. You're D was smothering all night swim, you're becoming A Monster out there.

I was gonna switch to D when FOO G came along because me and him up until tonight just didn't have good chemistry, we think too much alike and are always crowding each other in the same spots. It's mainly my fault as I'm not used to playing winger and I tend to drift to my normal areas where I roam when I play center. We clicked pretty good tonight tho, as we didn't even have to bring our the secret weapon (Offensive Defenseman Knuckles Smith)
Yeah I usually come out of hiding every couple of weeks or so :D

zsswimmer

Well whatever we do for playoffs I think its only fair to play with the people who play the most. In the words of Vis lots of guys come out of the wood work when playoffs come around and hardly play during regular season. Friday would be best for me cuz I will be at a hockey game from about 6:30-10:00pm Saturday night.

Top Bottom