• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
wooooo!

preds.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's not fair to judge us by Plinko and ArabMan. That's like judging the entire Canucks fan base by Tabris.

And yet who has been right? This team isn't built to win ONE series let alone a Cup. You could easily see it coming during the last 15 games of the year if you had your eyes open.

I absolutely can't believe Neal got ONE game. What an absolute joke this league is.

Asham getting 4 is still a bit light--crosscheck to the throat is dangerous. You're not talking concussion, you're talking crushed esophagus and possibly worse.

Alucard

Banned
Asham getting 4 games seems in the right ballpark, but Neal definitely got off light. Again, it's probably because of his history.

Acid08

Banned
And yet who has been right? This team isn't built to win ONE series let alone a Cup. You could easily see it coming during the last 15 games of the year if you had your eyes open.

I absolutely can't believe Neal got ONE game. What an absolute joke this league is.

Ya'll got a horrible match up just like we did. Our teams are very similar and our opponents are also very similar. Bad match ups for possession teams.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How the fuck is Neal 1 game yet Shaw and Hagelin are thr....you know what, forget it. Just nevermind. I don't even care anymore.

Asham's suspension is not nearly enough to be a deterrent either, but at least he's guaranteed to be out for the rest of the series (insert "one game would be enough for that" joke here).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ya'll got a horrible match up just like we did. Our teams are very similar and our opponents are also very similar. Bad match ups for possession teams.

Bad matchup or not, Detroit can't score. They get beaten to the puck every time down the ice. The defense has been awful. The team stinks right now and has for the last month.

q_q

I never said the Wings were going to win... but see I like to have fun when I watch sports, so I don't constantly hate on my team unless they win every game by five goals. Yeah the Wings have been playing like shit but it doesn't warrant the kind of disdain you have for them. I honestly wonder why you even watch these games anymore, how is it any fun at all to you?

ShaneB

Asham getting 4 games seems in the right ballpark, but Neal definitely got off light. Again, it's probably because of his history.

That seems so stupid to me. No history means you can get away with fucking up a few times before the league decides to dish out real punishment.

And how the fuck did that puck stay out!? Need a replay.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Maybe I'm not remembering something, but Neal's never struck me as a dirty player.

Okay, bed time.

Pens and Flyers. Game 4. Bring it on.

Let's go Pens.

In all seriousness, I'm praying the pens can pull some magic and get a fucking win. I'm going to be out of town, so after the pens lose and you don't see me posting, I'm alive just won't have internet access lol.

pringles

Nashville did fuck all in this game except sit back, rely on Rinne and hope for some random defensive collapses by the Wings. Any it worked like a charm.

I'm not completely giving up hope but the Wings just aren't supposed to win this series. The hockey gods have decided, and so it will be.

Preds deserve credit for being a hard team to play against and having a good goalie, but Detroit fucking deserves better than to be bounced in the first round by a team that can't even get 20 shots on goal.

Also, fuck Babcock. It's like he doesn't realize he might have to do some coaching until it's the last 5 minutes of the 3rd.

Btw, I sincerely hope Hossa is okay. Scary, scary stuff :(

Plinko

I never said the Wings were going to win... but see I like to have fun when I watch sports, so I don't constantly hate on my team unless they win every game by five goals. Yeah the Wings have been playing like shit but it doesn't warrant the kind of disdain you have for them. I honestly wonder why you even watch these games anymore, how is it any fun at all to you?

I'm critical of the team because for the last two years I could tell they had no shot at the Cup. While most teams got younger, faster, and bigger, Detroit stayed old. It's infuriating to see teams like Nashville making great moves at the deadline and Detroit doing almost nothing.

I love the Wings, I just hate to see them managed this way.

It's not fair to judge us by Plinko and ArabMan. That's like judging the entire Canucks fan base by Tabris.

Totally fair when this team has sucked for the last MONTH! Continually carrying the worst last 10 game records with Toronto of all teams at the end of this season and then carrying that same play into the playoffs, what an accomplishment!

Don't even give me this junk, are my expectations high? Of course, but I don't expect this team to go down without a fight, and hey, guess what they are doing? They're going down without a fight.

And this is where I differ, I have a need to win attitude, yeah I can have fun with it, but I like to win, it's always been in my blood. I hate to just give up on something I care so much about, it was the same way when I actually played. If you care about something, you will give it your all, this team is not giving it its all right now.

Revenant

Nashville did fuck all in this game except sit back, rely on Rinne and hope for some random defensive collapses by the Wings. Any it worked like a charm.

I'm not completely giving up hope but the Wings just aren't supposed to win this series. The hockey gods have decided, and so it will be.

Preds deserve credit for being a hard team to play against and having a good goalie, but Detroit fucking deserves better than to be bounced in the first round by a team that can't even get 20 shots on goal.

Also, fuck Babcock. It's like he doesn't realize he might have to do some coaching until it's the last 5 minutes of the 3rd.

fear the fin

i

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, the league is going to get grilled in the media for these playoffs and the suspensions this year in general...and rightfully so. It makes me angry to see stuff like this happen, and I think it makes hockey lose credibility as a sport.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Bad matchup or not, Detroit can't score. They get beaten to the puck every time down the ice. The defense has been awful. The team stinks right now and has for the last month.
I think it's because 90% of our team has a Cup ring. They don't care anymore. Same thing is happening with Pittsburgh and Chicago. They don't look nearly as hungry. Boston isn't getting to the Finals this year either. You can just see it in how they're playing.

If Lidstrom, Stuart, Hudler, and some other guys leave or get traded, it will only help us. Getting guys like Suter, Parise, or another "star" that hasn't won a Cup before helps motivate and pump up the team.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What happened that led to the goalies facing off like this? I didn't pay attention.

Plinko

I think it's because 90% of our team has a Cup ring. They don't care anymore. Same thing is happening with Pittsburgh and Chicago. They don't look nearly as hungry. Boston isn't getting to the Finals this year either. You can just see it in how they're playing.

If Lidstrom, Stuart, Hudler, and some other guys leave or get traded, it will only help us. Getting guys like Suter, Parise, or another "star" that hasn't won a Cup before helps motivate and pump up the team.

Needs to be gone:

Cleary
Holmstrom
Stuart

Maybe should leave:
Lidstrom
Hudler

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOL. I like how "no injury" is something they take into account when dishing out punishment. Such bullshit.

Are you really still surprised?

Also, DAMN, Goalie fight is the only thing still missing from this first round of the playoffs.

UberTag

Yeah, the league is going to get grilled in the media for these playoffs and the suspensions this year in general...and rightfully so. It makes me angry to see stuff like this happen, and I think it makes hockey lose credibility as a sport.
If anything, I'm not sure the media has been nearly harsh enough all things considered. They all seem to be defending Shanny on his calls. Someone needs to have the balls to call for his head. All I see is Don Cherry parading out scuffle footage from the 1970s & 80s and going "See... the game was rough then too."

Plinko

Just needs to change. Shanahan must have people above him who can tell him this is ridiculous.

That's the problem--I honestly believe the league doesn't think it's ridiculous at all.

Top Bottom