• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Socreges

Banned
I'm excited to come back to the mountains of salt after I write my exam, still the best time of year even with the Habs out. Although I'm worried about the inevitable Socreges / Marvie gif battle that is going to happen....
I'd lose that in a heartbeat. With the recent attention given to them, Marvie started making his own and now stays up all night producing an endless army of fresh Rambo gifs.

ANYWAY 2 HOURS TO GO

iK01xCxyFtQ3C.gif

Yeah but he is a Wings fan so we don't talk about him, or maybe Darkwings is still lurking? Or new account? We would probably notice though

And I just used my engineering skills to get NBC Sports to work again! Lets go Pens and Pitts!

bardia

Pumped to go to tonight's game, my first play off game ever. Does anyone know if they're presenting the president trophy?

Razorskin

----- ------
Yeah but he is a Wings fan so we don't talk about him, or maybe Darkwings is still lurking? Or new account? We would probably notice though

And I just used my engineering skills to get NBC Sports to work again! Lets go Pens and Pitts!

:lol totally forgot about Darkwings/SantaC, but seems like he's long gone now. No one has been as pro-Sweden as him.

Socreges

Banned
Pretty much instantly. He's about as subtle as FortunateSon.

alexthekid said:
Wings avatar. Cheering the Pens. Aren't you a Hawks fan?

Alucard

Banned
Here's hoping Hartnell's comments about not being scared to play in Pittsburgh come back to eat him alive. Malkin and Crosby all up in your zone, boys!

Pretty much instantly. He's about as subtle as FortunateSon.

Wings avatar. Cheering the Pens. Aren't you a Hawks fan?

Oh my god i'm beyond retarded today, It should say Pens and Flyers! Just wanted the game to start. The avatar is some stupid sit i made when Wings made amway a part of their logo. I just haven't changed. Should really replace it now in time for the playoffs.

Do you have an avatar ready for me marvie? :p

Acid08

Banned
Here's hoping Hartnell's comments about not being scared to play in Pittsburgh come back to eat him alive. Malkin and Crosby all up in your zone, boys!

To be fair, I don't think any player is actually scared to play in any building in the league.

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh my god i'm beyond retarded today, It should say Pens and Flyers! Just wanted the game to start. The avatar is some stupid sit i made when Wings made amway a part of their logo. I just haven't changed. Should really replace it now in time for the playoffs.

Do you have an avatar ready for me marvie? :p

I didn't know you wanted me to make you one. :lol

That's a change. Usually Malkin and Crosby are up in each others' zones.

Acid08

Banned
Figured I might as well join the playoff avatar fun. Hardest trophy to win!

I got in an argument about that with this shitty Raiders fan I know. He swears that football has the most difficult playoffs. Needless to say I laughed in his face and proceeded to destroy his terrible opinion. That kind of stupidity is expected of Raiders fans though.

I got in an argument about that with this shitty Raiders fan I know. He swears that football has the most difficult playoffs. Needless to say I laughed in his face and proceeded to destroy his terrible opinion. That kind of stupidity is expected of Raiders fans though.

He obviously confused "difficult playoffs" with "difficult to get into the playoffs".

ShaneB

*brohug and brofist*

I won't argue that football is a tough game, they only play one game a week for a reason. But the idea that the NFL playoffs are tougher than the NHL playoffs is indeed laughable.

Alright got my predictions in.

VAN over LA in 7
STL over SJ in 6
CHI over PHX in 7
NSH over DET in 7

NYR over OTT in 5
BOS over WSH in 6
NJ over FLA in 6
PIT over PHI in 7

VAN over CHI in 6
NSH over STL in 7

NYR over NJ in 6
BOS over PIT in 6

VAN over NSH in 6
NYR over BOS in 7

VAN over NYR in 7

SpacLock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Einstein

Neither went to school in Michigan so I don't know what the hell Spaclock is talking about.

It's a joke from the movie Kingpin. Instead of Albert, Woody Harrelson says Alfred because he's an idiot, so I was sort of using his character when defending the horrible public schools of Detroit, as most of you would insinuate that I attended them.

In the movie he says "And who are you? Alfred Einstein?" to a chick that was explaining something. I always got a chuckle out of it.

HOUR AND A HALF REMAINING

Cake Boss

Banned
There is no fucking way Rangers are getting to the finals. They are not deep enough in forwards and in center, and have a very unexperienced defense. They have been playing playoff hockey all season long and have overachieved in the standings. They might get through the 1 st round but not in fucking hell will they get to finals with teams like Pens/Flyers, Boston.

Clydefrog

There is no fucking way Rangers are getting to the finals. They are not deep enough in forwards and in center, and have a very unexperienced defense. They have been playing playoff hockey all season long and have overachieved in the standings. They might get through the 1 st round but not in fucking hell will they get to finals with teams like Pens/Flyers, Boston.

i0VKLefJWmNmd.gif

just go ahead and take a shit on my bracket why don't you?

To be honest, I went for sexy matchups (VAN vs. CHI, NJ vs. NYR, VAN vs. NYR final) over realistic ones.

Sure NYR may be overrated, but they finished first in a very tough division.

Top Bottom