• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

th3dude

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7796394/how-pittburgh-penguins-feel-being-most-hated-team-national-hockey-league

This shit NEEDS to stop. The comments made about the Pens were due to Crosby SLASHING THE SHIT out of our players and not getting penalized then complaining to ref for a number of minutes. Complain about Berube all you want, but I have way more respect for a guy that punches me in the face than the guy that slashes me in the back of the knee. This series is just gonna piss me off. I hope Rinaldo takes Crosby's head off tonight.

You're kidding, right?

And if you're not, I'll humor you by addressing your points.

First of all, there has been an all out attack on the Pens in the last two weeks. I'll even agree with you that some slashes should get called. But they didn't. That's the game. I watch hockey all the time and wonder why some things aren't getting called. Get over it.

Hoping that someone takes the head off another player? Classy hockey fan right there. Why not hope for a hard-hitting, clean game like the rest of us? This series isn't going to piss me off at all. I'm actually extremely hyped for it. If it is going to make you so mad to see your team play against Sid and Malkin, then don't watch.

As for the Pens. Please keep the hate going. They are going to inhale that shit and use it on the ice, and you aren't going to like the outcome.

You're kidding, right?

And if you're not, I'll humor you by addressing your points.

First of all, there has been an all out attack on the Pens in the last two weeks. I'll even agree with you that some slashes should get called. But they didn't. That's the game. I watch hockey all the time and wonder why some things aren't getting called. Get over it.

Hoping that someone takes the head off another player? Classy hockey fan right there. Why not hope for a hard-hitting, clean game like the rest of us? This series isn't going to piss me off at all. I'm actually extremely hyped for it. If it is going to make you so mad to see your team play against Sid and Malkin, then don't watch.

As for the Pens. Please keep the hate going. They are going to inhale that shit and use it on the ice, and you aren't going to like the outcome.

Of course you won't get pissed off. Pens fans get jerked off by every media outlet on earth. That's the point....

EDIT: When did I say I was gonna get angry seeing them play against eachother? Seriously guys. READING FUCKING COMPREHENSION. The COVERAGE is the problem. The assumption that the hate is aimed at Sid for being a good player is JUST WRONG. The hate is aimed at him for when he plays dirty. I have no problem with people who dislike Briere for his style of play. He uses his stick to make his presence known due to his small size. The difference is Briere gets a reputation for it and GETS FUCKING CALLED. Crosby doesn't. He's a great player, but he trades on the ref's favor.

th3dude

Of course you won't get pissed off. Pens fans get jerked off by every media outlet on earth. That's the point....

Generalize much? I'll accept any legitimate criticism against the Penguins. But saying they are dirty crybabies is just being jealous of a better team.

Anyway, back to more constructive talk...

Pens should have a full lineup tonight except Niskanen. Very excited to see the healthy lineup in playoff action.

Revenant

The salt is rising... good...gooooooooooooooooooood

SI4zw.gif

Generalize much? I'll accept any legitimate criticism against the Penguins. But saying they are dirty crybabies is just being jealous of a better team.

Anyway, back to more constructive talk...

Pens should have a full lineup tonight except Niskanen. Very excited to see the healthy lineup in playoff action.

Talk about the media = calling the Pens crybabies?

Seriously, you guys are borderline retarded.

Want to be the highest scoring student in reading comprehension at your school? #visitpittsburgh

I'm excited to see how this goes. Also, I have to admit, I'm nervous as hell. Both teams have a legitimate shot to win this series. I have a feeling it's going 7.

Solo

Not having your team in the playoffs sucks. But on the other hand, it's strangely liberating. I am going to enjoy the salt and kicking Gaffers when their teams are down and out.

Acid08

Banned
lol this is going to be such a salty series. Hoping the Pens lose honestly, I don't want them anywhere near the Cup.

I've noticed you selectively quote the stuff AFTER the primary point is made. Keep it up. That makes your point more valid.

I was just curious as to what you thought you were accomplishing by calling us borderline retarded and questioning our intelligence? As it is, I'm stopping now. Apologies to NHL-Gaf for jumping in on it.

Solo

Holy shit -

The price wasn’t right: Let’s go back to the night on Jan. 12 when the Canadiens were playing the Boston Bruins. Between the second and third periods, general manager Pierre Gauthier told Michael Cammalleri to take off his uniform and return to the team hotel because he had been traded. Gauthier said he couldn’t tell Cammalleri where he was going because the trade – to Calgary for Rene Bourque – had yet to be completed.

A stunned Cammalleri asked if he could keep his game jersey as a souvenir of the good times in Montreal. No problem, said Gauthier, as long as he was willing to pay for it.

When Vicki Hall of the Calgary Herald asked Cammalleri about the incident this week, the sniper replied: “I can neither confirm nor deny it.” If Cammalleri had confirmed it, he would have revealed that the asking price was $1,250.

The Canadiens used to have a deal with Mei-Gray, a U.S. company that sells game-worn jerseys, but the team now handle sales through the Canadiens boutique and online. If Cammalleri still wants the jersey, it’s available for $600.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Draft+Habs+pick+third/6438202/story.html#ixzz1rizuE22G

Pierre Gauthier, TURBO DICK

:LOL :LOL :LOL

Revenant

Not having your team in the playoffs sucks. But on the other hand, it's strangely liberating. I am going to enjoy the salt and kicking Gaffers when their teams are down and out.

so note to self GAF, when your team gets eliminated don't take up Solo on any offers on drinks at his place unless you want to renact a few choice scenes from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

I was just curious as to what you thought you were accomplishing by calling us borderline retarded and questioning our intelligence? As it is, I'm stopping now. Apologies to NHL-Gaf for jumping in on it.

I was accomplishing teaching you people to read before you respond to something with a completely unrelated accusation. I never called the Pens "crybabies" as two of you claimed. I was talking about the coverage of your team, which is generally pathetic by any journalistic standard.

How do you expect to interact with guys like Soc, when you can't even understand my ramblings?

Though in a few months he may very well be reduced to nothing more than a collection of .gifs.....

not happy about the helm news. dat speed

He can make Gill look like a pilon... wait a minute...

I'm not actually happy with this. He (or they) is rushing himself back. There is no way his leg is healed enough. I hate when players do this and end up making it worse or they're just gimped and make stupid plays or waste a roster spot because they end up sitting more minutes.

This is what I'm afraid of as well, but hopefully Helm can surprise us here and this won't be the case and he is good to go, I'm more worried about Cleary to be honest, oh and good news is that Emmerton is not in and Nyquist is here to stay.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
He can make Gill look like a pilon... wait a minute...

This is what I'm afraid of as well, but hopefully Helm can surprise us here and this won't be the case and he is good to go, I'm more worried about Cleary to be honest, oh and good news is that Emmerton is not in and Nyquist is here to stay.

who will center line 4 with helm back? abdelkader?

Solo

so note to self GAF, when your team gets eliminated don't take up Solo on any offers on drinks at his place unless you want to renact a few choice scenes from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Hmmmmmmmm.................

*lip quiver*

I was accomplishing teaching you people to read before you respond to something with a completely unrelated accusation. I never called the Pens "crybabies" as two of you claimed. I was talking about the coverage of your team, which is generally pathetic by any journalistic standard.

How do you expect to interact with guys like Soc, when you can't even understand my ramblings?

Though in a few months he may very well be reduced to nothing more than a collection of .gifs.....

Hmm, yes, there is some mis-communication. I wasn't implying that you were calling them crybabies. I referring to the general notion that seems to have come from opposing teams, especially in the last few weeks, about the team.

I also took great offense at your hoping for Crosby's injury, regardless of the circumstances regarding the comment. Before you get all, "yeah but, ..." at me just imagine how you would feel if I said I hope Pronger takes another stick to the face.

Oh shit, this Pens/Flyers series is gonna be awesome. All this salt is gonna be hell on my blood pressure. Sodium levels at maximum and we haven't even gotten into Luongo vs. Quick.

Revenant

I fail to see the problem? Then his posts don't have to be divided into chapters anymore.

Hmm, yes, there is some mis-communication. I wasn't implying that you were calling them crybabies. I referring to the general notion that seems to have come from opposing teams, especially in the last few weeks, about the team.

I also took great offense at your hoping for Crosby's injury, regardless of the circumstances regarding the comment. Before you get all, "yeah but, ..." at me just imagine how you would feel if I said I hope Pronger takes another stick to the face.

You mean like people say all the time? I have no problem with talk like that, particularly since Pronger relishes it. It's part of the game. When you piss people off with your play people hope the scales tip the other way. When Crosby slashes people in the back of the leg I hope Rinaldo kicks his ass. I never said I wanted Rinaldo to take a dirty hit.... I think Flyers fans just have thicker skin on this one from years of Lindros hate. We just accepted it.... everyone else seems to get really butthurt.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh shit, this Pens/Flyers series is gonna be awesome. All this salt is gonna be hell on my blood pressure. Sodium levels at maximum and we haven't even gotten into Luongo vs. Quick.

Quick > Luongo, what's the discussion potential here? :D

You mean like people say all the time? I have no problem with talk like that, particularly since Pronger relishes it. It's part of the game. When you piss people off with your play people hope the scales tip the other way. When Crosby slashes people in the back of the leg I hope Rinaldo kicks his ass. I never said I wanted Rinaldo to take a dirty hit.... I think Flyers fans just have thicker skin on this one from years of Lindros hate. We just accepted it.... everyone else seems to get really butthurt.

OK, then I'll just shoot straight to Pronger's concussions and Hartnell's wife next time we argue Pens/Flyers. :) I'm joking, BTW. Good luck tonight. Don't take this the wrong way but, I hope the Flyers have nothing of the sorts.

EDIT: I know I said I would stop replying but, I'm just too pumped up for tonight.

Alucard

Banned
Pens are going to ROCK it tonight. Getting that stirring in my gut. Gonna miss the first 'cause my wife and I will be doing our taxes, but excited to see most of the game when we finish.

My body is ready. My mind is ready. My hate is ready. My hate deflector is ready also.

LET'S DO THIS.

True, but I was only looking at it with regards to this year's playoffs, career is hard to judge with the age difference :/

Quick, though the Nucks present a bigger offensive challenge than the Kings. To me Quick is the deciding factor in the series. If he's consistently at his best I think the Kings win the series.

SpacLock

I thought work was long, but I'm sure this is going to be the longest 4 and a half hours ever. Guess I'll go for a run.

Parch

The best player in the game always gets more than his share of physicality. Crosby is not going to be all passive and take his punishment like a good little boy. He's going to do what he can, a push or a slash or whatever it takes to get his ice space, just like every other top player has to do. And him dropping his gloves to fight is just stupid. Nobody expects him to do that, even though he has before. Crosby doesn't take more penalties than most stars, and whining about ref favoritism is just whining.

It's going to be a great series that can go either way. The best team will win because of they were the better team. Not because of the refs. Not because of favoritism. And not because some fanbase thinks Crosby is a pussy because he won't fight.

Top Bottom