• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

bardia

My predictions:

VAN over LA in 6
STL over SJ in 6
PHX over CHI in 7
NSH over DET in 7

VAN over NSH in 7
STL over PHX in 6

VAN over STL in 7

--------

NYR over OTT in 6
WSH over BOS in 7
NJD over FLR in 5
PIT over PHIL in 7

NYR over WSH in 6
PIT over NJD in 6

PIT over NYR in 7

VAN over PIT in 7

Socreges

Banned
With how TSN has hyped up the Pens/Flyers series (CATCH THE ACTION AT 730ET ON TSN), I think anything less than a homicide and Zac Rinaldo drinking the blood of the dead would make for a disappointment.

Eh, been there, seen that. I want a Wings-Nucks series. Been waiting for that one for years.
No rivalry as such, but it's always great hockey.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just realised the most boring playoff-series are possible for the canucks (possible =/= likely):

Round 1: Queens
Round 2: Preds
Round 3: Blues
SCF: Devils.

Dear god.

Smiley90

Big thanks to Smiley for coming through with those tickets!

No biggie, sorry for making you wait 2h :p Also, coming from a predominantly caucasian country (by predominant i mean like 98%), I still picture strangers as Caucasian, even in Vancouver. Fails me every single time.

MutFox

Banned
Almost off work...
Gonna go home, shave, and watch some playoff hockey! :p

So are all you growing playoff beards?
I'm still debating what type of beard to grow..
I'm tempted to go with the Wolverine sideburns look...

Socreges

Banned
Wow. I certainly wasn't expecting this to happen.

...Nope. Couldn't even type it with a straight face.
So Daniel's missing Game 1. If the Canucks push this conspiracy any further, they might begin to affect their chances. They already got Duncan Keith suspended. What more do they need?

Smiley90

Almost off work...

I just stop trimming my pre-existing beard. :p

EDIT@Soc: that was my point. I'm just not used to it yet, my background makes me picture strangers as caucasian, which fails me in Vancouver every time, naturally :p

EDIT2: Now with the new post i just look weird.

Socreges

Banned
No biggie, sorry for making you wait 2h :p Also, coming from a predominantly caucasian country (by predominant i mean like 98%), I still picture strangers as Caucasian, even in Vancouver. Fails me every single time.
Pretty sure a big chunk of Canucks-GAF (majority?) is Asian.

So really, hating on Canucks-GAF is racism.

ShaneB

Almost off work...

Heh, as I mentioned, I shave no more than an hour ago. I can't grow a beard. I grow disgusting uncomfortable whiskers that drive me crazy. I didn't start a shaving thread so I could not shave! :p

Smiley90

Question: Is trimming just the stache illegal too? I hate it when my stache gets too long, I wanna keep it at a max length and just grow the beard... Is that allowed? :/

FOOTE

Question: Is trimming just the stache illegal too? I hate it when my stache gets too long, I wanna keep it at a max length and just grow the beard... Is that allowed? :/
The Canucks will lose for sure if you even think about it after they start tonight.

UberTag

You can trim the stache but it will cancel the playoff beard magic.
Real fans let everything grow out until the Cup is in their grasp.
I've even shaved off all the hair on my head.
Need to repeat last season's greatness.

BeforetheCup.jpg

Pens suck, Flyers suck, Panthers suck, Canucks suck, Blues suck, Kings suck, Rangers suck, Bruins suck, Sharks suck, Sens suck, Devils suck, Red Wings suck, Blackhawks sucks, Predators suck.

MacAttack

You can trim the stache but it will cancel the playoff beard magic.
Real fans let everything grow out until the Cup is in their grasp.
I've even shaved off all the hair on my head.
Need to repeat last season's greatness.

BeforetheCup.jpg

My man! Sad to report that I'm skipping the Yoff beard this season. Last year I was a rookie paying dues, this year I'm pulling rank and putting the onus on new guys like ActStriker to carry that weight.

pringles

I am so ready for this shit to get started.

I'm not even nervous. Maybe because I know Detroit will prove the doubters wrong, or maybe because I have substantial amounts of alcohol in my body.

Either way, I have to pee.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first year since like 94 that I haven't even felt nervous about the Wings starting the Playoffs. It's just so weird to me now. Maybe I'm finally learning there are more important things... Hahaha who am I kidding? As soon as the Preds score first I'm gonna be cursing the TV and breaking shit again.

SpacLock

I am so ready for this shit to get started.

I'm not even nervous. Maybe because I know Detroit will prove the doubters wrong, or maybe because I have substantial amounts of alcohol in my body.

Either way, I have to pee.

Empty that bladder, bro. It's almost time.

Revenant

Time for the BEST DAMN PLAYOFFS IN SPORTS.

there is no negotiation on that phrase. Anyone tries to convince you otherwise your rebuttal is to slap their mouth right off their face.

Top Bottom