• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

That would be smart but still doesn't mean he won't be hit.

Seems like this could all go very badly.

Yeah I really dont get this move at all. I could see a coach that is worried about losing his job doing this, but that isnt the case at all. Letting him play seems to be way more risk then reward.

t0mp

need to finish them off here.

my predictions:
low(er) scoring with both goalies playing well
hartsy with a tally on the score sheet (30th birthday today)
not many penalties/clean game (EXCEPTION: pens go down by 2 or 3 and at the last few minutes get sour)

Um AV should be very worried about losing his job.
mactavishajfkadf.jpg

3N16MA

Banned
April 18th is the start of the greatest comeback in NHL history!
I just put this spoiler tag here to make it look like I typed something witty

Socreges

Banned
As someone who's been following the Daniel Sedin stuff pretty closely, it's worth pointing out that we didn't know what his status was even a few days ago and why he was held back. They've been extremely cryptic and tight-lipped. It could be his shape more than anything. He said he hasn't had headaches in a while. I'm not worried. I really doubt they're putting his long-term health at risk here.

ohgodohgodohgodohgod

t0mp

As someone who's been following the Daniel Sedin stuff pretty closely, it's worth pointing out that we didn't know what his status was even a few days ago and why he was held back. They've been extremely cryptic and tight-lipped. It could be his shape more than anything. He said he hasn't had headaches in a while. I'm not worried. I really doubt they're putting his long-term health at risk here.

ohgodohgodohgodohgod

it's a really tough call to make, and I wouldn't wanna do it in a million years. They're looking for the big boost with their star player coming back. I think it will spark something, I just hope he's 100% (i don't even like him :X )

Solo

This is some moderation bullshit! I'm gonna dance all over bish for this like the Kings are gonna dance all over the Canucks' grave tonight!

vincemcmahondancing-1c1icp.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Going to miss this game in purpose, which means the team will win.

Will enjoy watching my 2nd the Flyers bum fuck the Pens. Cannot wait, got my lube ready.

Short of one Finals appearance, MacTavish hasn't had the greatest success. Then again, it was the Oilers.

I agree that AV will get one more chance. Next year, if the team slumps or gets knocked out early
again
he'll be gone. But he's built up quite a reputation and system with the team.

Alucard

Banned
Max Talbot on the Philly Daily News cover:

"I think it's a stupid cover," he said after the Flyers' morning practice. "That doesn't reflect what Sidney Crosby is."

DOUBLE AGENT! LET'S DO THIS!

Acid08

Banned
I don't know what it is about hockey commentators specifically but they just get on my fucking nerves so often. From the words that come out of their mouths to the way they look.

Alucard

Banned
The nearly hour-long practice was lively, and the mood was optimistic before they flew to Philadelphia in the afternoon. A day earlier, Bylsma described the team`s emotions as shock and disbelief.

In 24 hours, that had improved.

"I don`t think anybody came here today shocked or down," Crosby said.

What they felt was a sense of urgency.

"We`ve just got to win one game," said Crosby, who reiterated often that his team had yet to put a complete game together. "That`s really what it comes down to."

Only three NHL teams have recovered from 0-3 to win a playoff series, including the Flyers in 2010. It`s an overwhelming situation, but Crosby said his team`s focus isn`t on the long odds.

"It`s something you can`t dwell on," he said. "You just can`t afford to dwell on that. It`s not going to make anything better and it`s not going to change anything. I think our minds are in the right place. We want to find a way to get back into this series. I think every guy in here believes we can do that."

Read more: Penguins not giving up on road to Stanley Cup just yet - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pit...s_791770.html?source=rss&feed=8#ixzz1sRELfWKv
----------

Fuck yeah. Let's do this, Pens. PITTSBURGH IN SEVEN.

Top Bottom