• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Malvolio

Found this in one of ESPN's hockey chats from this afternoon:

David (Portage Park) [via mobile]

Do you think Hossa will be back on time for Thursday's game?

Jesse Rogers (4:16 PM)

No. Q ruled him out..Im not going to speculate on the rest..but he has to be symptom free for serveral days to even give it a shot..so if there is a MAYBE at all involoved it would be game 6 back at home, that is if he's not REALLY down and out from this...sounds like he is not

Flyers are not ones to be complacenct, even if the Penguis are down three guys on suspension plus have Fleury's moral being low, I don't think that the Flyers will take it easy thinking it to be an easy win.

Crosby doesn't have his muscle to cover for him and he may behave because his bros aren't there to save him.

Flyers need to take 1st period to burry the Pens' moral

Agree with all of this but I'm worried. Don't want them to pull one out and get some confidence with Neal coming back.

Flyers haven't lost 4 straight all year.... I guess that's a good thing. Sorta. Please win tonight!

gcubed

Agree with all of this but I'm worried. Don't want them to pull one out and get some confidence with Neal coming back.

Flyers haven't lost 4 straight all year.... I guess that's a good thing. Sorta. Please win tonight!

past 3 games as experience i have no real reason to think this, i just think Bryz is going to have a monster game.

past 3 games as experience i have no real reason to think this, i just think Bryz is going to have a monster game.

He's actually what scares me. He's WAY too confident for a guy with a 4.0 GAA. At the very least I think that'll bite us in the ass next around. Especially if we end up playing Boston.

Socreges

Banned
So hilarious being in the Football (Soccer) thread and seeing everyone throw the term "salt" around as often as we do here. Saltiness is truly an international phenomenon.

He'd be accepted with open arms there. The odd meltdown is more palatable than the 82 games of awfulness we've had to suffer through since the lock-out.

This was actually the reaction by Canucks fans when Luongo came here. After years of being a goalie graveyard, here was an elite goaltender to save the day.

Now you'd have about half of BC waiting to drive him to the airport.

Revenant

So hilarious being in the Football (Soccer) thread and seeing everyone throw the term "salt" around as often as we do here. Saltiness is truly an international phenomenon.

the american football thread takes the cake i think. Those guys know how to party.

also this.

562844820.jpg

Slurmer

Banned
What if Torres goes with the ol' I was jumping to brace for contact defense? The one loophole in Brendan shanahan's otherwise bulletproof determination process.

So Hossa has a broken jaw and will be out for game 4 at the least. Man Torres should be out for a long ass time. I think 25 games, playoffs plus regular season seems reasonable.

gcubed

He's actually what scares me. He's WAY too confident for a guy with a 4.0 GAA. At the very least I think that'll bite us in the ass next around. Especially if we end up playing Boston.

I think he's much better with a better D in front. It clearly takes him time to settle in. He's been better then his 4 says because there is no D in this series on either end, but he still let's in one utter shit goal a game. I'm hoping a slower game will help all settle down if they clear Pitt.

I gotta have some optimism for the potential next series.

Marvie_3

Banned
I just heard the broken jaw part on comcast sportsnet and the ticker on the bottom of the NHL network says he is definitely out for game 4.
The broken jaw thing was a rumor going around last night but was shot down by several sources. As far as I know there has been no official word on the extent of any injuries.

Quenneville said he's out for Game 4 earlier today.

The broken jaw thing was a rumor going around last night but was shot down by several sources. As far as I know there has been no official word on the extent of any injuries.

Quenneville said he's out for Game 4 earlier today.

I hadnt heard the broken jaw rumor so when they said it I assumed they knew something. Hopefully it winds up not being serious.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Schneider playing? Offseason will be even more interesting than I thought... I also REALLY hope they're not rushing Daniel back, we don't want another Crosby situation here.

Acid08

Banned
Schneider playing? Offseason will be even more interesting than I thought... I also REALLY hope they're not rushing Daniel back, we don't want another Crosby situation here.

He didn't travel with the team for a reason. Wasn't the story that there was no plan for him to be in the line-up for games 3 or 4? Of course he's being rushed back.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Cant wait for the Rangers game. Time to put Ottawa out of their misery.
Ottawa's been playing good though, lot better than some of the other teams in the playoffs

Parch

There is no such thing as a broken jaw injury. In the hockey world you're lucky if it gets leaked as an "upper body injury" so anything so specific is probably BS.

Top Bottom