• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

JDgEq.png

bardia

Yep, Daniel is the reason the Kings scored one goal on 43 shots.

That twin synergy.

So much salt, relax we're still going to be golfing before the 1st round is over. Canucks problem was scoring and their PP...and what do you know, Daniel comes back and we score 2 PP goals. Passing between the Sedins on the PP was ridiculous.

Puddles

Banned
So much salt, relax we're still going to be golfing before the 1st round is over. Canucks problem was scoring and their PP...and what do you know, Daniel comes back and we score 2 PP goals. Passing between the Sedins on the PP was ridiculous.

That PP that led to the 3rd goal was pretty fucking good.

Tabris

Dave Bolland commenting on physical hits this playoffs: "I think it may be the respect, you need to have respect for your fellow players to play this game. It's just getting out of control and it's becoming a joke"

Dave Bolland commenting on the Sedins: "It’s fun just jabbing at them, you know they’re going to snap once in a while if you just keep yanking at them and doing little things to them, they’re going to snap and I think you seen what happened to the Sedin Sisters and Thornton there."

Respect eh?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Impressive work from the Canucks. I just can't see them winning 4 straight, though. This was still a tough game for them that definitely could have gone the other way. The Kings have another win in them, it's just a matter of when.

I have no fucking idea what's going on in that Pens-Flyers series. At this point a Penguins comeback seems honest to god plausible.

As for the Rangers-Sens series, the Sens continue to prove to be incredibly determined and resilient. They have yet to play with a lead in the series, yet they've managed to win two games. Gotta respect that. And after a really shaky first game, Anderson has been going pretty much blow for blow with Lundqvist for the last 3 games. Rangers missed a huge opportunity here to break the Senators, especially with Alfredsson still out. Most importantly, they've really yet to play a complete game from start to finish. Tonight again they came out with fire, fixed a bunch of things that had been problematic earlier in the series, and yet the effort kind of tailed off from there on out. Even in the Rangers' one "big" win in this series, in Game 1, they didn't finish the game out strongly, giving up 2 late goals. All the pieces are there to win, they just need to finish.

I feel like if they're going to win the series, Game 5 is going to need to be a statement game for the Rangers. The longer the Senators are given hope, the more dangerous they become. This whole series thus far has proved that.

Last night:

The Canucks have essentially lost all 3 games by one goal (I say essentially since the Kings added an empty netter in game two). Do you really think having their top scorer in the series, who has incredibly chemistry with our top center (they're twins you know!) might not have made a difference in any of those games? Our powerplay is 0 for everything this series.

I don't want to take away what the Kings have accomplished; they've played a very solid game and their goaltender's been amazing, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to think that a healthy Daniel Sedin wouldn't make a positive offensive impact on the series.
Of course it's all theoretical, but while the series may still have been 3-0, I think you'd have to be pretty dense to not concede that having Daniel Sedin and a functional top line and powerplay from Game 1 would have at least made the team better than having Byron Bitz or Andrew Ebbett.

Tonight:

1st Period
Los Angeles Goal - Anze Kopitar, from Justin Williams and Willie Mitchell at 13:00. 7:00 Remaining.
2nd Period
Vancouver Power-Play Goal - Alexander Edler (2), from Dan Hamhuis and Ryan Kesler at 4:07. 15:53 Remaining.
Vancouver Goal - Kevin Bieksa, from David Booth at 8:36. 11:24 Remaining.
3rd Period
Vancouver Power-Play Goal - Henrik Sedin, from Dan Hamhuis and Daniel Sedin at 5:45. 14:15 Remaining.

Powerplays

Vancouver - 2 for 3
Los Angeles - 0 for 3
Boom.

Sibylus

Banned
First fucking sliver of light yet in this series. Kings have room to have an off game or two, our margin of error is zero, so this resurgence is probably too little, too late. At the very least we've a grain of hope and have averted the worst possible end to this series.

As decent as Luongo's been of late, Schneider's play has been on another level. Will be no surprise if he starts all of the remaining games in this series, because he's made a convincing argument that he's our best option in net for walking this tightrope. Daniel's back, our power play's back, but Luongo hasn't adequately demonstrated he can hang with Quick. Quick is my biggest worry at this moment, because one stellar game from him and this series is sealed. Schneider and our offense have to be damn near perfect.

Woah Mike, are you saying the Canucks would be BETTER if Daniel Sedin was back on the ice?

Sit back everyone, Nostradamus is on the case.
Well, that poster whose team just gave up 10 goals tonight challenged my assertion that missing Daniel Sedin was the main reason why the Canucks were down 3-0 and our powerplay was faltering. Just wanted to give him a friendly heads up :)

So what you're saying here is that if a team scores power play goals instead of not scoring them, they are more likely to win huh.

Fascinating stuff.
Jay Feaster.

Acid08

Banned
Well, that poster whose team just gave up 10 goals tonight challenged my assertion that missing Daniel Sedin was the main reason why the Canucks were down 3-0 and our powerplay was faltering. Just wanted to give him a friendly heads up :)

Jay Feaster.

The first PP goal had nothing to do with Daniel.

;D

Ra\/en

QFT.

I'm delighted that Vancouver avoided the sweep. If they can win game 5, things might get interesting. I'm still not holding my breath. Almost no-one comes back from a 3 down. No reason to believe that the Nucks will be the next team to do it. Even if his team craps the bed, Quick will steal another one. He has 3 chances too.

And no Tabris, I don't believe yet. Ask me in a few more games.

Acid08

Banned
QFT.

I'm delighted that Vancouver avoided the sweep. If they can win game 5, things might get interesting. I'm still not holding my breath. Almost no-one comes back from a 3 down. No reason to believe that the Nucks will be the next team to do it. Even if his team craps the bed, Quick will steal another one. He has 3 chances too.

You guys didn't let the Platypus score a goal at least, so there's something.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The seven-goal win was one short of the largest margin of victory in the playoffs in Penguins history -- they beat the Minnesota North Stars 8-0 in Game 6 of the 1991 Final to win their first Stanley Cup. The Penguins matched the NHL mark for most goals scored by a team facing elimination, and the Pens and Flyers combined to become the first team to score 11 or more goals in three consecutive games.

But perhaps the most remarkable statistic from the Penguins' victory is that Pittsburgh put 10 shots into the net -- and missed the net on just nine attempts.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Not bad indeed.

We can't actually lose this series can we? Fuck. Goddamnit why does everything with this team have to include at least one gigantic meltdown? I hate the Flyers. And you people wonder why I'm such a negative person. The reason is because life is shit and then you die. Nothing ever goes right. Things only go well enough for the failure to hurt even more. I hate you Flyers. Even if you win this round you're going to get destroyed in the next.

Ra\/en

We can't actually lose this series can we? Fuck. Goddamnit why does everything with this team have to include at least one gigantic meltdown? I hate the Flyers. And you people wonder why I'm such a negative person. The reason is because life is shit and then you die. Nothing ever goes right. Things only go well enough for the failure to hurt even more. I hate you Flyers. Even if you win this round you're going to get destroyed in the next.

At least your team will be going to the second round (probably).

Top Bottom