• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Revenant

mWMtU.gif

Anyone else feel like last night was such an epic beatdown by the Penguins that they are going to win three more in a row and take the series?

Because that's how I feel.

I mean, you can argue that the Flyers had all the momentum coming into game four, and that the Penguins had few things they could look to build upon, and yet they kicked the doors down in game 5. Conversely, I do not see the Flyers being able to recover from such a drubbing. The defense was already suspect in the previous three games, but it was masked by the excitement and the wins. With Grossmann likely out now, the defense loses a key shot-blocker. I guess my question becomes, what can the Flyers even work on to ensure something like that doesn't happen in game 5?

Obviously our best plan would be Couturier to defense/Schenn to goalie.

But for serioustimes, everyone sucked last night. Defense and goaltending have...existed, in the first 3 games, but what kept us going were the forwards and racking up absurd amounts of goals. MAF got some confidence back last night, but we can get around that if the forwards go back to stepping things up. Pens D hasn't been spectacular either this series.

My gut says we'll come back and take game six, lose next round in five.

Ra\/en

Should be a good night of hockey.

I think the Hawks and Bruins are going to win tonight. Hawks are at home, down 2-1. Every incentive to win. I think they are going to come out and care enough to win.

Not sure about the other 2 games. It would be nice to see the Sharks win tonight.. I can't stand the blues.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow, that's not good news for Philly.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
On the flip, the Rangers were really lucky to pull out game 3 tbh. Sens outshot them 39-23 and lost 1-0. It could easily be 3-1 Sens the way they/Rangers have played the past 3.

Look forward to another awesome playoff night tonight.

Totally agree. Both Ranger wins are really due to Lundqvist, especially game 3. Even game 1 they failed to really finish out strongly. It's really what makes me very concerned about this series, because as good as Lundqvist is he's not invulnerable, and sometimes the Sens are going to get those golden opportunities like the ones they capitalized on last night. I just wish they wouldn't be so satisfied with any lead they seem to get. Let's play the entire game the same way we play the first 10 minutes of the first period. Frustrating. The series has really been so tight that this could easily have been a 3-1 Sens lead or even a 4-0 Rangers sweep.

3 simultaneous games tonight is going to border on sensory overload.

He looks like he lifted his shoulder/elbow to clearly target the head.

Of course, he's a superstar, so nothing will happen.
It is so that you are totally right. Rinaldo should get a long suspension but Malkin should get something as well.

well...Bryz doesn't like to do morning skates and other stuff and usually doesn't take the ice. The original plan was for leighton to be there to practice with bob and the team.

BUT

my question is: where's Bob?
:/

Hopefully home watching the rest of the games on TV. The Flyers only hope is Bryz getting his shit together, I dont want to see any other goalie again.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Leighton??!

LEIGHTON!?

...there are no words. How he's still in the Philadelphia organization after that last go-round is beyond all human understanding. If he actually plays....hoooooooooooooooo doggies

tJ9F8.jpg

He played in the playoffs last year. Lavi loves his loser ass for some insane reason. I would have cut him after the SCF but they keep him around. However bad he is he will never top how bad Bob was last night.

Fuck the Flyers. They're a bunch of losers who have no desire to win a cup. They're more than happy to be the team that's always "close." Fuck this team so much. I told you all what March was. It was just creating hope so all of this hurts so much more. I feel like Manics' wife. I'm just gonna come back....

Cagey

Banned
Leighton??!

LEIGHTON!?

...there are no words. How he's still in the Philadelphia organization after that last go-round is beyond all human understanding. If he actually plays....hoooooooooooooooo doggies

Is it time for Brian Boucher yet? How about Roman Cechmanek? Robert Esche? Too bad Antero Niitymaki and Marty Biron aren't available.

I would take Biron right now. :(

I am so glad that I kept my expectations in check for this year. Hopefully they at least put up a fight in the next round, but it will really depend on who they play.

gcubed

Leighton has no shot at starting. So i can care less who the backup is. Bryzgalov has to get his head out of his ass. Yesterday he looked EXACTLY like the early this year Bryz. Slow as fucking molasses. A pass from one side of the ice to the other and that fucker is sitting in the middle of the net waddling his ass over to the other side. No effort.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Brendan Smith is practicing with the Wings squad today instead of the Black Aces. Maybe, just maybe, he'll be in for Stuart. Hahahahah who am I kidding, of course he won't be.

gcubed

Where did this Leighton hate come from? Didn't he help the team make it to the finals 2 years ago?

the guy can't sniff the NHL anymore... putting him in the playoffs is not the proper "start". Laviolette is an absolute moron when it comes to goaltending though, so i shouldn't doubt it

Fuck the Flyers. They're a bunch of losers who have no desire to win a cup. They're more than happy to be the team that's always "close." Fuck this team so much. I told you all what March was. It was just creating hope so all of this hurts so much more. I feel like Manics' wife. I'm just gonna come back....
Dude it's 3-1. Relax, this team is full of leaders. You'll win one of the next 3.

Cactus

Banned
Where did this Leighton hate come from? Didn't he help the team make it to the finals 2 years ago?

Plus, I'm pretty sure his career playoff numbers are better than both Bryzgalov's and Bobrovsky's if you take the last four games into account.

I don't think he should start over Bryz, but it's not like the guy will necessarily be terrible if he does.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Looks like Brendan Smith is practicing with the Wings squad today instead of the Black Aces. Maybe, just maybe, he'll be in for Stuart. Hahahahah who am I kidding, of course he won't be.

Once again, Babcock waits until it is too late to switch things up.

Acid08

Banned
Potential changes in the Sharks line up tonight: Moore and Galiardi out, Handzus and Winchester in. I'm fine with it even if it makes us slower, Moore and Galiardi have been useless. Couture is up to first line wing and Marleau is moving to second line center for sure, love that move. Marleau is much better at center than wing. Kinda nice to have all this center depth.

Plinko

yes, he's out with a concussion. Since its Malkin it won't even be looked at.

Ridiculous--he won't even get summoned. The Bettmans have to have every opportunity to beat the Flyers.

Leighton deserved virtually no credit for any of that. He was consistently one of the three worst Flyers players. Most people who followed the team closely weren't even very happy with him when he was winning. He's just not a good goaltender. Bob on a bad day is equal Leighton on an average day.

Dude it's 3-1. Relax, this team is full of leaders. You'll win one of the next 3.

We might win one of three. Sure. This team has no shot of beating another good team though. We can beat the Panthers or NJ, but we'd have no chance against any other team in the east. Such a fucking waste.

ROFL... no supplemental discipline for Rinaldo's hit on Michalek, are you fucking kidding me?

Then again, this is the NHL... GG Garage League.

That is horrible. Rinaldo should be gone for the rest of the playoffs. He cross checked a helpless player in the face, no way should the league tollerate that. I am so disgusted by the way the NHL has handled violence against its players. It really sucks that the NHLPA wont even stand up for what is right.

marty? you want marty?

whatever, fuck the penguins

He has some good games with the Rangers this year, and some really bad so he would fit right in.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ridiculous--he won't even get summoned. The Bettmans have to have every opportunity to beat the Flyers.
This is just like in the 09 Playoffs when Malkin got the fight instigator penalty against Zetterberg and should've received an automatic one game suspension (just like Adams did in game 3), but of course, nothing happened. The double standard is a joke in this league.

hubes

yes, he's out with a concussion. Since its Malkin it won't even be looked at.

to be fair the flyers writers are saying he got the concussion from a hit by kennedy. malkins hit could have effected him getting the concussion, but he kept playing so who knows.

Top Bottom